• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking WSJ January 2017

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at WKV and would like to try WSJ next winter. I know about booking online the minute the window opens but are there better weeks to try for or any that are just impossible? I can book anytime in Jan/Feb. Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If I were you, I would start trying for early in Jan., and keep trying until you get something, because it won't be easy. The hardest week with be Prez week.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Early January is the easiest. The others are harder, but easier than it used to be. If you are flexible with # of bedrooms, then that helps, too.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I would start trying for early in Jan., and keep trying until you get something, because it won't be easy. The hardest week with be Prez week.

Prez week chances are practically zero. You may be able to get it last minute when people cancel resies or just before the two months point.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prez week chances are practically zero. You may be able to get it last minute when people cancel resies or just before the two months point.
There is a lot of activity with availability at 60 and in.

I went this Feb and rebooked my entire reservation about 37 day's out!

It enabled me to use SO for a studio instead of SP for a hotel room for the first few days.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of activity with availability at 60 and in.

I went this Feb and rebooked my entire reservation about 37 day's out!

It enabled me to use SO for a studio instead of SP for a hotel room for the first few days.

I am hoping for that to hold for a current resie I want to upgrade...I guess that is the advantage of having the plane tickets and the ability to be flexible and burn SOs.

Plan B is renting at the Ritz Residences in St Thomas. Does anyone have experience with the Ritz Residences?

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I really have no specific time frame for going but anything more than a 1 BR would be a waste. I will start early January. How many 1 BR or the larger studios are there?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200523&highlight=loft

Not including the new Sunset Bay phase, the count was:

WSJ Westin St. John (Bay Vista) Bay Vista 2 BR 22
WSJ Westin St. John (Bay Vista) Bay Vista 2 BR Loft 8
WSJ Westin St. John (Bay Vista) Bay Vista 3 BR (2 or 3 balconies) 24
WSJ Westin St. John (Coral Vista) Coral Vista Studio 18
WSJ Westin St. John (Coral Vista) Coral Vista 2 BR 30
WSJ Westin St. John (Coral Vista) Coral Vista 2 BR Loft 8
WSJ Westin St. John (Hillside) Hillside / Virgin Grand Studio (Terrace) 24
WSJ Westin St. John (Hillside) Hillside / Virgin Grand 1 BR Townhouse 24
WSJ Westin St. John (Hillside) Hillside / Virgin Grand 2 BR Premier Villa 4
WSJ Westin St. John (Hillside) Hillside / Virgin Grand 2 BR Townhouse 16
WSJ Westin St. John (Hillside) Hillside / Virgin Grand 3 BR Pool Villa 24

So total units in all 3 phases: 202
Studio: 42
1Bdrm Townhome: 24
2Bdrms: 56
2Bdrm Loft/townhouse: 32
(Total 2 bdrms: 88)
3 bdrm 48

This information is important for people wanting to exchange. Your best chance is a 2 bdrm > 3 bdrm>studio>1 bdrm.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
And with the points cost of 3brs inventory for those is much more open. Many don't have the points to rent that much space.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
And with the points cost of 3brs inventory for those is much more open. Many don't have the points to rent that much space.

I would have liked a 3 bdrm and had the points, but just didn't see any while searching off and on for a month. Still I'm glad I lucked out and got a 2 bdrm.
This was for summer, not early January tho.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have liked a 3 bdrm and had the points, but just didn't see any while searching off and on for a month. Still I'm glad I lucked out and got a 2 bdrm.
This was for summer, not early January tho.
Even at 70 day's in?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even at 70 day's in?

I did a quick search within the last couple of weeks for my dates, but didn't see anything.
I'm quite good with what I got :) Going to WSJ with friends. My grown kids are just as happy to go to Hawaii in the fall (shorter plane ride :) )

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search within the last couple of weeks for my dates, but didn't see anything.
I'm quite good with what I got :) Going to WSJ with friends. My grown kids are just as happy to go to Hawaii in the fall (shorter plane ride :) )

I guess there is never a guarantee of anything, but checking even the day before arrival may work if you have the SOs. I scored a pool villa the day before arrival and even saved 24,900 SOs is doing so...:clap: We loved it so much we purchased two back to back Pool villa weeks...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even at 70 day's in?

I guess there is never a guarantee of anything, but checking even the day before arrival may work if you have the SOs. I scored a pool villa the day before arrival and even saved 24,900 SOs is doing so...:clap: We loved it so much we purchased two back to back Pool villa weeks...

Yup you're right! I checked last nite and there was a 3 bdrm available starting May 14, a little more than 60 days from now. I'll keep checking periodically as it gets closer to 70 days from my June checkin date, just for grins. I don't think I could get a pool villa, but how can you tell the difference in the star options chart? The numbers are the same for each villa type.
Thx!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup you're right! I checked last nite and there was a 3 bdrm available starting May 14, a little more than 60 days from now. I'll keep checking periodically as it gets closer to 70 days from my June checkin date, just for grins. I don't think I could get a pool villa, but how can you tell the difference in the star options chart? The numbers are the same for each villa type.
Thx!

It's a pool villa (with retractable wall) resie if the max occupancy is 8. If it is 10, it can be either a pool villa or a 3BR in BV. Most weeks of the year require the same SOs, but SOs in weeks 16-18, 21-33, and 43-50 require different SOs and you can tell what you are reserving.