• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking via Interval International with DRI points and no DRI Interval account

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
With diamond no longer providing us an Interval account, will we be able to book with DRI points via one of our other Interval accounts? Or must we purchase a DRI-specific account for that? (We have 3 other Interval accounts.)

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Here's a follow-up that may be useful to some...
I called Interval about this. They say we cannot use any other corporate membership, such as Marriott or Vistana, to book with DRI points. But we also have a personal membership we use for trading our Festiva resorts. That membership can be used for booking with DRI points. So we will not need to pay $163 to replace the DRI-sponsored membership that ceases at the end of December. This was good news for us. Hope this helps some of you. We just will no longer have a gold membership...unless we choose to upgrade the one we have been using for Festiva. We don't yet see sufficient benefit for doing that.

DRIless

Reaction score
Here's a follow-up that may be useful to some...
I called Interval about this. They say we cannot use any other corporate membership, such as Marriott or Vistana, to book with DRI points. But we also have a personal membership we use for trading our Festiva resorts. That membership can be used for booking with DRI points. So we will not need to pay $163 to replace the DRI-sponsored membership that ceases at the end of December. This was good news for us. Hope this helps some of you. We just will no longer have a gold membership...unless we choose to upgrade the one we have been using for Festiva. We don't yet see sufficient benefit for doing that.
I doubt that DRI POINTS can be used in your non DRI I.I. account. You would have to book a week, then when you try to deposit, DRI will refuse to verify the week. Just my guess.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I doubt that DRI POINTS can be used in your non DRI I.I. account. You would have to book a week, then when you try to deposit, DRI will refuse to verify the week. Just my guess.

‘This is accurate. I called DRI and you will not be able to use points. Even if you could, the amount of points you used to need to reserve when DRI used the Interval International exchange will increase for those same e changes when DRI breaks away. They would be in direct competition with one another. DEX charges way more points for an exchange than it cost with DRI. So your best bet is to reserve a week in DRI and then trade it into Interval International.

DRIless

Reaction score
‘This is accurate. I called DRI and you will not be able to use points. Even if you could, the amount of points you used to need to reserve when DRI used the Interval International exchange will increase for those same e changes when DRI breaks away. They would be in direct competition with one another. DEX charges way more points for an exchange than it cost with DRI. So your best bet is to reserve a week in DRI and then trade it into Interval International.
Good luck with that ... if you're reserving your deeded week, yes. If you're booking with points, NO, DRI will not confirm the reservation. The only exchange company that seems to have a 'deal' with DRI on this is SFX from what I have seen.

DRIless

Reaction score
I was of the impression that The Club members were out of luck come the end of 2020 with respect to DRI/I.I. exchanges, but I had a long discussion with an I.I. CSA yesterday that indicated that DRI was no longer paying your I.I. membership come next year but that you could keep your account and still exchange through I.I.
Time will tell.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was of the impression that The Club members were out of luck come the end of 2020 with respect to DRI/I.I. exchanges, but I had a long discussion with an I.I. CSA yesterday that indicated that DRI was no longer paying your I.I. membership come next year but that you could keep your account and still exchange through I.I.
Time will tell.
Please keep every one updated after 12.31.2020 midnight.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time will tell.

We were told the same. We extended our membership in II for another 4 years. We have to pay it ourself. Once the II account doesn’t not own by DRI, you could add other non DRI pointed timeshare to the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told the same. We extended our membership in II for another 4 years. We have to pay it ourself. Once the II account doesn’t not own by DRI, you could add other non DRI pointed timeshare to the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 1, 2021, is a new year and this question will be answered .IMO.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience using Diamond points on II for 2021 week is :
I tried to book a 2021 week with my points and the system replied you can't because your membership expire Dec 31, 2020.
I called Diamond, I paid the $99 II standard membership for two years, I returned to II site and I booked the 2021 week.
I don't know if the rules will change Jan 1st 2021 but for the moment is business as usual using the same points grid to exchange in 2021 if you have paid your own II membership for 2021.