• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

booking vacation club with points question

dionysia

Reaction score
How far before a stay can I book it using pts? We want to stay in Paris end of June 2010. I called Marriott 2 times and have 2 different answers.
We want to stay at the Marriott's at Disneyland.
Thanks for any help.....
dionysia

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can book hotels or timeshares approximately 50 weeks in advance, if Rewards are made available. Marriott adds inventory that far in advance very early every Sunday morning. You can prove it by going to Marriott.com and pretending to try for a hotel (not a timeshare) reservation in late December this year. You'll quickly see how far in advance you can reserve. Inventory, if made available is added at the same time for hotels and for timeshares.

However, don't count on booking at a timeshare with points, especially at Newport Coast in June. Until the last few days, there has rarely been Reward stays available at most Marriott timeshares, especially in peak periods such as you seek. The new no-blackout rules for Reward stays will apply to hotels, but not to timeshares.

So hope for the best, but be sure to have a back-up plan.

dionysia

Reaction score
Dave,

Thanks for the answer. Do all vacation club resorts release a few rooms with points? I looked out to Dec of this year and Paris VC had rooms with points available. I just want to be ready to book for the time I want there. Since it can be done on line will it be at midnight? or soon after 50 weeks prior? And what day of the week would it be? Thanks again.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I thought I answered most of those questions.
Until the last few days, there have rarely been Reward stays available at most Marriott timeshares...
That means "almost never". Whether Marriott will make more timeshare weeks available for points Rewards would just be a guess.
Marriott adds inventory that far in advance very early every Sunday morning.
That's how early reservations can be made. However, what might be available for you can change. See this thread for an example of how quickly Marriott can make changes - at any time of the year.