• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

booking the best week

TUG Member
Reaction score
i own (2) new marriott platinum weeks.

is this a true statement. i need to book
the christmas week 2009
exactly and I mean exactly one year out
so it is strong trader with Interval
for strong marriott trading power

Marriott Desert Springs
Marriott Shadow ridge

any warnings for a fixed week owner, not used to having the best week
gone in less than one year

Bill4728

Reaction score
i own (2) new marriott platinum weeks.

is this a true statement. i need to book
the christmas week 2009
exactly and I mean exactly one year out
so it is strong trader with Interval
for strong marriott trading power

Marriott Desert Springs
Marriott Shadow ridge

any warnings for a fixed week owner, not used to having the best week
gone in less than one year

Look in your II book for the travel demand index for Palm Desert. It will likely say that the best weeks in Platinum season in PD are Feb- April. So your best trading week of 2009, will be available for you to reserve right now.

TUG Member
Reaction score
i do not get title to my new marritos until September 15,2008
do you have concerns that all good 2009 weeks are gone
so my only hope is christas week/2009
in Christmas 2008

for great marriott interval trading week

should i be scared to "Shut out" my first year

i only have experience with
timeshares with fixed week

where this is not an issue

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought Shadow Ridge last month and I plan to trade it. So, I checked the travel demand index on the II website (look at the right side when checking the resort directory for Shadow Ridge) and found that the best weeks in Palm Springs is March 7 to March 28. I called the Marriott Vacation Club and just reserved one unit on March 8 and the other unit on March 22. I JUST did this today so don't worry about the best days being booked.

There should still be some very good days for you to book by September 15.
Good luck!

TUG Member
Reaction score
heidi
you are recommending that I book

March,2009 weeks at
Shadow ridge
+
Desert Springs

not Christmas weeks

as soon as i get "clean title"
on september 15,2008

I reserve (2) bedrooms
to try to get (2) bedrooms
at
MWBC July,2009
MASC December,2009

right?

won't I have to pay the 2009 annual dues
when I begin the onoing search with Interval
with these eventually banked weeks

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
heidi
you are recommending that I book

March,2009 weeks at
Shadow ridge
+
Desert Springs

not Christmas weeks

as soon as i get "clean title"
on september 15,2008

I reserve (2) bedrooms
to try to get (2) bedrooms
at
MWBC July,2009
MASC December,2009

right?

won't I have to pay the 2009 annual dues
when I begin the onoing search with Interval
with these eventually banked weeks

I'm not Heidi but I own at Shadow Ridge and I was planning on reserving Christmas week in 2009. So, I went and looked at the online availability and all the good weeks are gone. There are mostly January, May weeks available. And, the latter half of April available. I know you were counting on banking a good week for your 1st year but I think it is unrealistic since you are closing so late after SR's Platinum season has ended. But who knows maybe there will be a cancellation or sometimes Marriott Space banks some weeks into II and you can grab one of those weeks.

There is a week in January when the Bob Hope Golf Tournament is held. That is probably a good week to reserve. I think, Christmas might not be so bad but I don't know from experience since, I've always used a March week for trading and renting.

Tina

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I'm not Heidi but I own at Shadow Ridge and I was planning on reserving Christmas week in 2009. So, I went and looked at the online availability and all the good weeks are gone.
I'm confused, but just learning the ropes. Don't you have to wait until Dec 2008 (or Nov 2008 for multiple owners:mad: )before you can try to reserve in Dec of 2009?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I'm confused, but just learning the ropes. Don't you have to wait until Dec 2008 (or Nov 2008 for multiple owners:mad: )before you can try to reserve in Dec of 2009?

Yes. No one has made reservations for weeks 51 or 52 of 2009.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers

Yes... but I wasn't looking at December 2009.

I was looking at January through May which we can make reservations for. December isn't open yet and won't be until November for 13 month reservations or December for 12 month reservations.

The good weeks in my eyes are Feb/Mar and early part of April.

At Shadow Ridge the only weeks you can reserve in December are weeks 50 and 51 if you own a floating week. Fixed weeks are owned by week 52 owners.

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes. No one has made reservations for weeks 51 or 52 of 2009.
I generally agree, although it's theoretically possible that someone could have already reserved a December 2009 week.

There are some Marriott owners that own 20 or more Marriott weeks. Assume that one of those owners called today to reserve a series of weeks with the first check-in date being 13 months from today - September 14, 2009. That person could string numerous other consecutive-week reservations together with check-in dates of September 21, 2009, September 28, 2009, October 5, 2009, etc. The string of weeks reserved today could go into December 2009 or even early 2010, with the number of weeks limited only by the number and seasons owned.

TUG Member
Reaction score
since marriott owners have week #52 fixed at
Shadow ridge
is my only hope to
book week #51 at Marriott Shadow ridge
for year 2009
in December,2008
or
does my 2009 week become grossly devalued
because the good 2009 weeks in FEB/march,209
will be long
gone by the time
I close on sept 15,2008
with my new Shadow ridge timeshare

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did my reservations a few hours ago and there were lots of March/April dates but I was looking at a 2 bd reservation. My studio did not have as many openings during the same time frame. I also did my reservation by phone, not online. When I looked online afterwards, there were different dates available.

Either way, week 5 - Jan 31 and week 9 - Feb 28, are listed as a very high demand time and they were both available also. No worries, if all dates in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr are booked by Sept 15, be the first to book week 51 in December for next year. If you book it in Dec 2008, you can immediately trade it for something else.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Either way, week 5 - Jan 31 and week 9 - Feb 28, are listed as a very high demand time and they were both available also. No worries, if all dates in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr are booked by Sept 15, be the first to book week 51 in December for next year. If you book it in Dec 2008, you can immediately trade it for something else.

I think this is important to note. You don't always HAVE TO HAVE that holiday week if all you are going to do is trade it. There are other weeks just as strong traders as that holiday week and you can leave that holiday week open for an owner who wants to use it.