• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Problems at Harborside

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to book reservations last night and I went on at 12:00 and it kept coming up 0 results found I tried for about an hour . I called first thing this morning for them to tell me no availability and I asked how someone else could book if the system wouldn’t let me. I believe they have a block on people that bought second hand. Anyone else have this problem ?

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had this same problem last year !

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
you should probably contact Vistana if you suspect no inventory was released last night. Does anyone have an email address of a higher up person at Vistana who could address this kind of issues?

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
DannsTS , I called this morning and asked for a supervisor and when she got on she said sorry there is no availability. And there is nothing she can do for me

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I tried to book reservations last night and I went on at 12:00 and it kept coming up 0 results found I tried for about an hour . I called first thing this morning for them to tell me no availability and I asked how someone else could book if the system wouldn’t let me. I believe they have a block on people that bought second hand. Anyone else have this problem ?

Did you try to check for availability prior to midnight Eastern? If you did and then did not logout and log back in, you will not be able to make a reservation for the new day. Some people log in just a few minutes early and check availability and that sinks them.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You own a float platinum in phase 2? What size where you trying to book? Usually when there is a glitch in inventory release it affects both retail and resale. It also can take weeks or months for them to acknowledge any booking/inventory release issues.

magicjourney

Reaction score

New Year's week is always the toughest to book at Harborside. Phase 1 are all fixed weeks. They may also sold 50% of Phase 2 as event weeks. Basically hundreds of owners compete with each other for a handful units at 12:00. The inventory is of course gone within the first second IF they release any unit. I'd say your chance to grab one is like wining the lottery, not a jackpot perhaps. So it's pretty hard for you to prove they withheld the inventory especially you said someone else got it.

Last edited:

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVN (retro/resale upgrades): Lakeside Terrace, Harborside, Sheraton Flex; Disney Vacation Club (resale and direct): Bay Lake Towers, Riviera
I had the same problem booking for 12/26/2020 with my Phase 2 platinum week one bedroom premium. Doing the same in past years was fine.

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVN (retro/resale upgrades): Lakeside Terrace, Harborside, Sheraton Flex; Disney Vacation Club (resale and direct): Bay Lake Towers, Riviera
I had the same problem booking for 12/26/2020 with my Phase 2 platinum week one bedroom premium at midnight. Doing the same in past years was fine.

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe they are blocking people who purchased second hand. Because I’ve never had issues . I’m waiting from the response of an admin from Vistana to tell me why , there was no inventory at 12:00 am not one unit !!!!!!!!! I think we as the people should do something !

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe they are blocking people who purchased second hand. Because I’ve never had issues . I’m waiting from the response of an admin from Vistana to tell me why , there was no inventory at 12:00 am not one unit !!!!!!!!! I think we as the people should do something !
Do you know of any direct buyers that were able to get a reservation?

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SteveS1, did you buy second hand ???

Yes I bought it resale in 2012,and reserved Xmas or New Years week every year without a problem until now.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I had the same problem booking for 12/26/2020 with my Phase 2 platinum week one bedroom premium at midnight. Doing the same in past years was fine.

So were you trying to make both reservations for 12/26/2020 at 12:00 am EST on 12/26/2019 or was it 12/25/2019?

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So were you trying to make both reservations for 12/26/2020 at 12:00 am EST on 12/26/2019 or was it 12/25/2019?
Midnight on 12/25/19, to reserve for 12/26/20. I clicked at the stroke of midnight and it did say a unit was available but after clicking the reserve button I got an error - iirc first error was the unit was no longer available and then a different error and then when I started over 0 units available. In past year inventory has gone quickly like in 5 minutes but I agree with an earlier poster that seems like they held back all but one or two units this year.

LC Travel Newbs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any chance the extra day for leap year playing into that? I don’t know the booking rules for Vistana. If it’s weeks/dates or days before reservation. Saw that it was a factor in another thread.

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
12/26/2000 was not available in the villa finder until after midnight on 12/25, so I don’t think they factor in leap day.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt the conspiracy theories above about restricting resale owners. I also own here, and it usually takes 5 mins in an average year before the weeks are gone.

Here is why I think Sunday 12/26 was an issue for most:
1. This is a week 53 year for Friday check-ins. Most people want to stay overnight for Christmas or NY. Most years, you will have 6 opportunities with week 51 and 52 for reservations that have a stay that cover a holiday night (checkouts on holiday dont count). This year, there are only 3 opps - check ins on 19th, 25th and 26th.
2. And IMHO, the 26th is the date with highest demand of those checkin days. You are now competing with owners that typically reserve week 51 in a regular year in addition to week 52 target owners.
3. Sundays typically had less weekly check-ins than saturdays under the old building assignment schedule. I dont know if this is still true.

The fact that one of the posters saw inventory shows that some was released. So it probably went quicker than normal. And maybe they didnt release everything.

Of course, this is all conjecture. But I'd wager on the above over the suggestion that they are blocking resale owners.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I doubt the conspiracy theories above about restricting resale owners.

I tend to agree with that Ryan especially since we’ve never seen handling resale weeks differently for home week reservations. However since several of us noticed the same thing and at least I have 6 years history making this reservation at exactly the 12 month mark either intentionally or through technical glitch something affected available inventory.

I can understand the customer service agents not able to help (“all units are reserved by other owners...”). In the past Suzanne Clark was the management contact from whom we could solicit assistance , at least to research whether the allocation of Phase 2 platinum floating weeks at Harborside has changed , or whether we just were beat out by faster fingers (I’m pretty quick with the keyboard) or whether indeed there was some technical glitch. Is she still the Owner Services executive for Vistana, or is there a better contact?

Last edited:
Reaction score

I bought 2nd hand, and I've not had any problem booking at Harborside at peak weeks. We've gotten March Break and post-Christmas in different years.

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I figured I'd check again today and was able to book a one bedroom premium for Dec 25, 2020 - Jan 1, 2021. I think this confirms there was a glitch when I attempted the same thing on December 25, 2019 at 12:02am ET. In fact looks like multiple units are available. I believe its unlikely owners who booked the week with a home resort reservation would have cancelled it.

OP mac81 you may want to try and grab one also.

Reaction score
I just checked and there are 18 one and two bedrooms available that cover Christmas and/or New Year's. I was amazed that there were so many.

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already booked other weeks . Yes now there is inventory. They told me they knew nothing of a glitch !

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I already booked other weeks . Yes now there is inventory. They told me they knew nothing of a glitch !
Cancel and rebook , that’s what I did.