• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking for the first time

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Hi there.
We are trying to book our first club window reservation on HGVC and we notice that the booking window keeps moving. Every day we try to book it says we are outside the booking window and adds days to that start time. This has been going on for a week. It's gone from the booking window beginning 3/31 to 4/5. Do I not understand some features of this booking process? Today is 3/29 and we are trying to book for Thanksgiving week 2023 and we understood that we could start booking 9 months out. Any advice would be helpful.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanksgiving Week is available during club season for HGVC. Where are you trying to book?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
It depends on where you are trying to book. Some of the Hilton Club properties have shorter booking windows than the HGVC properties. Look in the reference guide and it shows the booking windows for them.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't own Hilton Club and try to book there, I think it is 59 to 89 days out depending on the resort.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call HGVC. I’ve noticed a bug in the system but I’m not too worried about it right now. I have a club reservation for the first week in December. But when I try to change it, it says I am outside of my booking window. I am most definitely not outside my booking window. If I tried to make a new reservation for that exact same time it lets me. But when I try to change my current reservation it says I’m outside my booking window.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Call HGVC. I’ve noticed a bug in the system but I’m not too worried about it right now. I have a club reservation for the first week in December. But when I try to change it, it says I am outside of my booking window. I am most definitely not outside my booking window. If I tried to make a new reservation for that exact same time it lets me. But when I try to change my current reservation it says I’m outside my booking window.
Is that a homeweek or club reservation? You can't change a HW.

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Thank you. So we own at Elara, which I understand to be HGVC (?) and we are trying to stay at Historic Powhattan in Williamsburg, VA during Thanksgiving. I *think* that is an HVC (not the "grand") version. I thought the issue might be that it was only a 6-month booking window due to the category change ( am I understanding that distinction?) and we are in max so I know that we can book across the two categories. What I found so odd was the booking window being inconsistent. I will call Hilton and get a clarification on what is going on. I do appreciate any further education you can provide to ensure we are understanding the terminology of the categories.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. So we own at Elara, which I understand to be HGVC (?) and we are trying to stay at Historic Powhattan in Williamsburg, VA during Thanksgiving. I *think* that is an HVC (not the "grand") version. I thought the issue might be that it was only a 6-month booking window due to the category change ( am I understanding that distinction?) and we are in max so I know that we can book across the two categories. What I found so odd was the booking window being inconsistent. I will call Hilton and get a clarification on what is going on. I do appreciate any further education you can provide to ensure we are understanding the terminology of the categories.
yes, Historic Powhattan is HVC and if you are HGVC/HC Max, then you only have a 6 month booking window into DRI/HVC. Elara is both HGVC and HC now. It used to be just HGVC but they have created the top floors into a Hilton Club so now you could be either HGVC or HC. There are some differences in those ownerships so make sure you know which you are but for Max purposes, it is the same.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
With your 6 months booking window, you may have difficulty finding availability at your desired location, especially if it is a highly desired holiday week.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Couple of things to note with HGVC bookings::

• It is the check-out date that has to be in club season, not just the check in date. So for very high demand locations you may have to "walk" a reservation to be able to obtain time there. (see link below)
  • Club season varies by resort and by what points you own, and what you are trying to book into.
  • If Club season is less than 9 months, then you likely may be limited if trying to obtain event or holiday time periods.

see https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/2023-hgvc-hcny-hgv-max-club-rules-and-fees.347868/#post-2900397 for info on how to walk a reservation

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a homeweek or club reservation? You can't change a HW.
No, it is a Club Reservation. I’ve been doing this since 1999. While I own at the Lagoon Tower, the type of unit I own is not the type of unit I have reserved. It will let me make a completely new reservation for the exact same type of unit and for the same time. But it will not let me change the current reservation. This is not a home week.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, it is a Club Reservation. I’ve been doing this since 1999. While I own at the Lagoon Tower, the type of unit I own is not the type of unit I have reserved. It will let me make a completely new reservation for the exact same type of unit and for the same time. But it will not let me change the current reservation. This is not a home week.
That is odd. I will have to experiment to see if it does that for me. Since we are elite premier, we don't have booking fees and can play a bit.

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Thank you for this information. I did finally locate where it gives the individual booking window for that resort on the website. 6 months and 1 day is the window, so I'm just too early.
I also played around with the "walking" concept and I see what you mean. I will think about that...my husband makes a valid point that I am unlikely to wake in the middle of the night (and certainly not remember first thing in the AM) to walk it... there's a reason we don't have a dog :)

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
you walk at midnight eastern time. while admittedly easier for those of us on the west coast, probably a stretch to call any of those times "middle of the night".

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thank you for this information. I did finally locate where it gives the individual booking window for that resort on the website. 6 months and 1 day is the window, so I'm just too early.
I also played around with the "walking" concept and I see what you mean. I will think about that...my husband makes a valid point that I am unlikely to wake in the middle of the night (and certainly not remember first thing in the AM) to walk it... there's a reason we don't have a dog :)
Once you get the first 3 nights, just move when you wake up in the morning. Even put a timer on your phone to remind you (ADD hack).

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am unlikely to wake in the middle of the night (and certainly not remember first thing in the AM) to walk it.
DW wakes up every day at 4AM to take a med and returns to bed.
This is what we have Alexa for -- multiple reminders and alarms.
You could also just post a note for yourself on the fridge.
IOW, there are solutions available, if you want them.

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Thanks, so much! We're super excited about our trip! It'll have been 13 years since we were last in the Williamsburg area and we really had a lovely time on the first vacation there.