• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Disney Off Property

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding a few nights onto a Ft Meyers stay in September over labor day.

RCI choices are:
Orangle Lake East, North or West (2 beds)
Sheraton Vistana Resort (2 beds - the gold crown one)
VV at Parkway (2 bed)
Summer Bay (2 or 3 bed)

All 9 TPU.

Looking for closeness to Disney and a decent pool.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I second that thought

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I would take Vistana. Orange Lake pools are nicer, but it is a farther trip.

I agree, but might also take Summer Bay for a 3 bedroom. It is a bit of a drive, but not terrible, espcially in low season. I've never stayed in their regular 3 bedroom units. The pool houses are wonderful and the one 2 br we stayed in wasn't bad, though I would take Vistana over the Summer Bay 2br.

We didn't like Orange Lake.

Sheila

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For proximity to Disney Sheraton Vistana is the best choice.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding a few nights onto a Ft Meyers stay in September over labor day.

RCI choices are:
Orangle Lake East, North or West (2 beds)
Sheraton Vistana Resort (2 beds - the gold crown one)
VV at Parkway (2 bed)
Summer Bay (2 or 3 bed)

All 9 TPU.

Looking for closeness to Disney and a decent pool.

In Florida, we spell it Fort Myers

not on your list, but Bonnet Creek is within the Disney Gates , pools, lazy river, water slides, etc...and the bonus is a view of the disney fireworks; from your room if you ask nicely. Last visit we watched from the hot tub

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'd rather sleep in my car than stay at Bonnet Creek. That place is TERRIBLE! Go for Vistana. Many pools, activities for the kids, restaurants, and a nice General Store. It's the kind of resort you don't have to leave and still have a good time all day long.

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Brian. For proximity, Vistana is the best of the choices you listed.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is closer and is our personal off-site favorite, but since you didn't list it I'm assuming it's not available. You might want to look through the Sightings forum to see where they are on their bulk bankings. I don't think they've bulk banked September yet, so you should be able to get in there later (when they do bulk bank September) with no problem.

I personally plan to skip Orange Lake unless I can get into River Island. That's supposed to be the best of the four sections, and all four have a combined 1 in 4 restriction, so if you stay in one of the other three you couldn't get into River Island for 4 years, either.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Gotta agree with Brian. For proximity, Vistana is the best of the choices you listed.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is closer and is our personal off-site favorite, but since you didn't list it I'm assuming it's not available. You might want to look through the Sightings forum to see where they are on their bulk bankings. I don't think they've bulk banked September yet, so you should be able to get in there later (when they do bulk bank September) with no problem.

I personally plan to skip Orange Lake unless I can get into River Island. That's supposed to be the best of the four sections, and all four have a combined 1 in 4 restriction, so if you stay in one of the other three you couldn't get into River Island for 4 years, either.

I second the Bonnet Creek if you have enough TPU's.
Sept. is just starting to be deposited.
This is the week before what you need and it's 18 TPU's.
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Sat 25-Aug-2012 Sat 01-Sep-2012 Exchange Fee 18
The 1 bedroom is 16.

So if you stay at Orange Lake do you have access to the River in any section or just the River Island section? I've yet to try it out, next up is Oasis Lakes which supposedly has an indoor pool for winter visiting. I'm a FL whimp when it comes to cold pools. :cool:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of folks who think that if proximity plus good pools are your two main criteria, Bonnet Creek is ideal. September (at least after the first week or two) should come in lower than August.

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek

We stayed at Bonnet Creek a couple of months ago and loved it. We had a 3 BedRoom deluxe (non-presidential) in Building 6. I have Nothing but positive things to say about our week there.

Resort staff was great, pools awesome, and our condo was very nice. We avoided the sales folk, who seem to cause some/most of the issues with people who stay there.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The September bulk could hit literally anytime---the August one was quite late. The trick with Bonnet is that if you are already committed to a particular check-in day (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) you might not get that particular day---Wyndham often does not deposit all three, or even two of the three, for any given month (and it's unpredictable). If you can take any day in the weekend, you should be golden.

Reaction score
Concerning Orange Lakes. No matter which Village you stay in, you have use of all the amenities. Downside is, the lazy river charges $9 for an inner tube, even though you can BUY one near the entrance (Publix) for $6 - which you can NOT use in the lazy river.

I am thinking, the reason River Island isn't on RCI is because, either the owners are not trading away, or OL is holding on to the suites for (possible) future sales. RI is basically brand-new.

TS

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
My choice would be either Bonnet Creek or Vistana, in that order. We did not like Orange Lake at all. Our unit was so far from the pool, we had to drive. Except for the distance to Disney aspect, our favourite resort is Summer Bay. We had a three-bedroom unit last year when our kids and grandbabies came down. It was a lovely 2-bedroom with a one-bedroom lockout unit. It was perfect for all of us. Next month we will be in one of the coveted houses. :whoopie:

Dori

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks guys - i think i might wait then to book bonnet creek, knowing its location and that we are just there for a few days.