• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking 10 months out

Baggi

Reaction score
If you book 10 months out, is it by day? So, if it's the 1st of the month, you can only book 10 months out to the 1st of the month 10 months away? If you book 10 months out on the 15th of the month, you can then book 10 months out to the 15th of the month 10 months away?

Or can you just book anywhere in the 10th month when it's 10 month out?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
It is to the day and actually pretty much to the minute. If I want April 8th, I can stay up June 7th and at midnight I can book.

gjaques

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the 13 month window, if you want a reservation for the 31st and the current month only has 30 days you have to wait until the 1st to book the 31st. I would expect it would be the same for the 10 month window.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
For the 13 month window, if you want a reservation for the 31st and the current month only has 30 days you have to wait until the 1st to book the 31st. I would expect it would be the same for the 10 month window.

That changed a few years ago (May 2017). They calculate it as if every month had 30 days. So if you want to check in on Nov 15th, you can book on January 15th.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
That changed a few years ago (May 2017). They calculate it as if every month had 30 days. So if you want to check in on Nov 15th, you can book on January 15th.

But the point gjaques was trying to make was assuming that 30 day month, what day do you book 10 months out if you want to check in on December 31?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just kidding, of course; if they use the same implementation as the EDATE function in MS Excel, it gives February 28 or 29, which would mean that the booking window for December 28, 29, 30, and 31 all open on the same day when it's not leap year. Similarly, the booking window for both July 30 and 31 would open September 30. There would probably also be oddities like nothing opening up for booking on January 31 because there isn't a November 31 or on August 31 because there isn't a June 31. You could test this at the end of August to see if that's how it's set up.

gjaques

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently tried booking our home area of MB for July 31 next year and could not do so on June 30 and had to wait until July 1.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
For DVC, which I realize is not the same as Wyndham, the booking window for the 31st of a given month opens on the 1st of the month following a month that only has 30 days. The booking window for January 29-31 opens on March 1, except in Leap Year, when January 29 can be booked on February 29.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
This is what happens when you try to "normalize" the calendar. Abnormalities are induced.

Last edited: