• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonvoy welcome points

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Has anyone received Bonvoy welcome points when staying at Vistana through ownership? I'm Titanium and a Vistana owner and every time I stay at a MVC property through exchange or a getaway, I have received 1,000 welcome points but not at VSE properties. That seems strange to me!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You should receive them. We stayed at Westin Mission Hills and while the stay posted, it showed 0 points. I opened a missing stay request and indicated in the comment box that the stay posted but I didn't get the 1000 welcome points nor the elite nights. They fixed it. I have to do this again for Westin Kierland Villas. Vistana stays need a lot of babysitting to make sure everything posts.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should receive them. We stayed at Westin Mission Hills and while the stay posted, it showed 0 points. I opened a missing stay request and indicated in the comment box that the stay posted but I didn't get the 1000 welcome points nor the elite nights. They fixed it. I have to do this again for Westin Kierland Villas. Vistana stays need a lot of babysitting to make sure everything posts.
Thanks for the reply! I vaguely recall getting points at SBP back in 2019 (last VSE stay until now) so I will open a request for my recent stay at WRV. I did get the elite night credit.

Last edited:

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Never knew this; I thought none of the Bonvoy elite benefits applied to ownership stays, including the Welcome Bonus. I know I did not receive the bonus for our April WKORV stay. Does anyone know how long after a stay you can submit the missing stay request?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Never knew this; I thought none of the Bonvoy elite benefits applied to ownership stays, including the Welcome Bonus. I know I did not receive the bonus for our April WKORV stay. Does anyone know how long after a stay you can submit the missing stay request?
You must wait at least 10 days before submitting a missing stay request.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is a link from the Marriott site that covers what elite benefits are available at MVC, SVC and WVC properties. Interestingly the welcome bonus is not included or excluded on that page.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is a link from the Marriott site that covers what elite benefits are available at MVC, SVC and WVC properties. Interestingly the welcome bonus is not included or excluded on that page.

This is what is in in 4.3.c iii of the full terms and conditions.

1630526972578.png

It would seem that ownership based stays do not qualify for the 1,000 welcome points. I didn't know that till now. Though when I submitted the missing stay request, they did post the 1,000 points.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points

View attachment 39397

It would seem that ownership based stays do not qualify for the 1,000 welcome points. I didn't know that till now. Though when I submitted the missing stay request, they did post the 1,000 points.
I knew this and was looking for the reference when you beat me to it (thanks!)

But your experience goes to show that the rules on this stuff are so convoluted (and occasionally changing) that even the Marriott and Vistana people can’t keep them straight.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

View attachment 39397

I just looked back at my Bonvoy Points Activity and my ownership stays at WKORVN and Nanea each had 1,000 points added and it was automatic.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just looked back at my Bonvoy Points Activity and my ownership stays at WKORVN and Nanea each had 1,000 points added and it was automatic.
Yeah, seems to be all over the place. We got automatic credit for our Desert Willow stay but not for Mission Hills or Kierland. I requested the credit for Mission Hills and got the 1000 points, but didn't get it for Kierland and haven't requested it through a missing stay request.

SGould

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Sheraton Kauai on a staroptions stay and they gave me free breakfast as a welcome perk.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just had Bonvoy refuse to add a 10 night stay to my elite night count claiming it was booked through a discount channel.like hotels dot com.

But it was obviously booked on Vistana.

Any tips on how to.get that through to them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I've just had Bonvoy refuse to add a 10 night stay to my elite night count claiming it was booked through a discount channel.like hotels dot com.

But it was obviously booked on Vistana.

Any tips on how to.get that through to them.
Tell them it was an ownership stay used booking your Vistana ownership and then also quote the section of the T&C that indicate they qualify.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them it was an ownership stay used booking your Vistana ownership and then also quote the section of the T&C that indicate they qualify.
Like this... Now I wait again. I can't believe how much this program needs nannying. They even removed the 2 of the 10 nights that it had counted! How does a stay only count 2/10 nights. It qualifies which this does, or it doesn't. What scenario has 2/10 nights of a single stay qualifying.

Thank you for the link.

Please see 7.2, this was a Vistana booking. Not a rooms booked through third party online retailers such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, etc.

But you know that.

Please fix my elite night count.

SMHarman

7.2.b Vistana Participating Properties. Due to the nature of Vistana properties, special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program as follows:
i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

-------------
We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked under a rate that is non-qualifying and therefore not eligible for credit.

To be eligible for credit, your room must not be a contracted rate or part of a master-bill. Rooms booked through third party online retailers such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, etc. Wholesale packages are not eligible for points or Elite Night credit regardless of booking source. Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or Elite Night credit as well.

This information is visible by clicking on the following link for the Marriott Bonvoy online terms and conditions.

www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#earn

And since it was booked under a non qualifying rate all the incidentals except for the nights have been added to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience and would be happy to help you again.

Best Regards,
Marriott Bonvoy™ Customer Care

samcar1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanta 4*
Call Vistana directly and have them fix it. They are usually very helpful.