• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonvoy double stays promo

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
So there is a Bonvoy promo you can register for that gives you double Bonvoy points and double elite night credits for stays from February 16 through April 27 at Bonvoy-participating hotels and resorts.

These kind of promos never normally apply to timeshare owner stays, and I don’t really expect to get double elite night credits, but if you read the fine print, it doesn’t actually exclude us:

“Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 13, 2021, will earn double points plus double Elite Night Credits on eligible paid stays of two nights or more during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between February 16, 2021, and April 27, 2021, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per eligible stay. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s Elite Night Credits or stay. Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–7 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.”

Vistana owners are not (yet, at least) Marriott Vacation Club owners' right? Has anyone gotten double nights credited under this promotion?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have 4 weeks of Marriott TS stays during this period in April so I will let you know.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would assume they are covered under the Marriott Vacation Club Owner occupied weeks, since Vistana is owned by MVC now, even though the integration is not fully completed. I have an II AC week booked at Manor Club, during the period. I assume that would also not qualify for double nights, but we'll see I guess.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ve got 7 nights coming up at DSV in Palm desert and 4 nights at WKORVN in March. I’ve added my Bonvoy number to both. We will see If they get doubled.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I would assume they are covered under the Marriott Vacation Club Owner occupied weeks, since Vistana is owned by MVC now, even though the integration is not fully completed. I have an II AC week booked at Manor Club, during the period. I assume that would also not qualify for double nights, but we'll see I guess.

You are probably correct about the exclusion but Vistana is not owned by MVC. Vistana is owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide and that company owns MVC and Vistana.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are probably correct about the exclusion but Vistana is not owned by MVC. Vistana is owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide and that company owns MVC and Vistana.
Yes, that’s what I thought too, which is why the fine print does not, technically at least, exclude us.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I just got back from a nine-night owner stay at WKORV and can confirm that I DID receive double elite night credits (18 nights worth of elite credits) for my stay. This is great as I’ll easily make Titanium this year with this promo.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH got double points for our stay two weeks ago at WKV. He's one point from requalifying as Titanium thanks to the 37 points they added to his account, the Amex points and a couple of stays. Now it's my turn to go for it with our stays for the rest of the year (I'm Platinum for being 5* but am not holding my breath that 5* will get Titanium status as the salesman said).

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DH got double points for our stay two weeks ago at WKV. He's one point from requalifying as Titanium thanks to the 37 points they added to his account, the Amex points and a couple of stays. Now it's my turn to go for it with our stays for the rest of the year (I'm Platinum for being 5* but am not holding my breath that 5* will get Titanium status as the salesman said).
They tried hard, again, to get me to go to 5* with the promise of Titanium once the two programs merge, but I didn't bite. They predict that it will become harder to qualify for the highest level in the new merged program and that you really want to be grandfathered in. But I really can't use any more than I already own.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
My 7 nights posted from my recent DSV stay but I have not seen double nights. That unit was booked with an AC through Interval. I’ve got a four night Star Option stay coming up at WKORVN next week so we will see if that singles or doubles.

I‘m currently at 35 nights so a cheap Marriott Getaway in addition to my Vistana stays should get me to Platinum.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My 7 nights posted from my recent DSV stay but I have not seen double nights. That unit was booked with an AC through Interval. I’ve got a four night Star Option stay coming up at WKORVN next week so we will see if that singles or doubles.

I‘m currently at 35 nights so a cheap Marriott Getaway in addition to my Vistana stays should get me to Platinum.
The double nights don't seem to be working for MVC stays, only Westin and Sheraton Vacation Club. These types of promos never worked on Marriott Vacation Club "ownership" stays. I suspect the double nights on Vistana is an oversight/error.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
They tried hard, again, to get me to go to 5* with the promise of Titanium once the two programs merge, but I didn't bite. They predict that it will become harder to qualify for the highest level in the new merged program and that you really want to be grandfathered in. But I really can't use any more than I already own.

So, you are saying that current 5* Elite will become Marriott Titanium (currently Marriott Platinum)? When and How?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
So, you are saying that current 5* Elite will become Marriott Titanium (currently Marriott Platinum)? When and How?

I was also told that at an Owners Update in September 2019. At that time it was going to happen at "year end". I guess I should have asked which year!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was also told that at an Owners Update in September 2019. At that time it was going to happen at "year end". I guess I should have asked which year!

They told me that the merger had been planned for 2020 but got derailed by the pandemic.

What they've told me a couple of times is that owners at the highest level of the Marriott program can get Titanium status, and so when they merge the programs, they will have to equalize all of that and give the five star Vistana owners the same privileges, but that they will probably also raise the bar and make it harder to achieve that level in the future.

Now they've been telling me that Vistana might change the levels and make it harder to get to 5* for years, so who knows whether that will actually happen. I take everything they say with a big grain of salt. But lifetime Titanium would be a pretty nice perk if it ever happens.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
They raised the number of Staroptions required to qualify for 5* Elite several years ago. I suppose they could do that again.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

There's almost no difference in the hotel benefits between Platinum and Titanium, other than extra points on eligible spend.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There's almost no difference in the hotel benefits between Platinum and Titanium, other than extra points on eligible spend.
Much higher likelihood of getting room upgrades with Titanium, in my experience. To me that might be the most valuable difference. You also get 5 extra "suite night" certificates (or one of several other perks) above and beyond what you get with Platinum.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Much higher likelihood of getting room upgrades with Titanium, in my experience. To me that might be the most valuable difference. You also get 5 extra "suite night" certificates (or one of several other perks) above and beyond what you get with Platinum.
You only get the choice benefits with actual elite nights earned. Just having the status from ownership won't get you the suite night awards or free night choice benefits. You actually have to do the time.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

You don't get those threshold gifts/choiced unless you actually accrue 50 and 75 nights stay credit in the year...

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You don't get those threshold gifts/choiced unless you actually accrue 50 and 75 nights stay credit in the year...
Learned something new, I didn't know that. So the extra points on hotel stays and the increased chances of getting an upgrade (on item stays) are probably the main benefits of Titanium.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
A 5-star that actually uses their ownership for stays probably has a good chance of making the 75 stays now that ownership Vistana stays count, assuming you go through the hassle to get the credit. And having the Bonvoy Brilliant Amex gives you a 15 night head start. This has been one of the few benefits of the Marriott merger so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 5-star that actually uses their ownership for stays probably has a good chance of making the 75 stays now that ownership Vistana stays count, assuming you go through the hassle to get the credit. And having the Bonvoy Brilliant Amex gives you a 15 night head start. This has been one of the few benefits of the Marriott merger so far.

don't Americans get 30nts from CCs if they have both a personal and business card?

if thats correct, and add the 50% headstart this year (ie 25nts credit for someone with Plat status last year) you are already at 55nts without staying (which would get you the 50nt threshold choice). stay a bunch of nights during the current double nights promo, and you're pretty much at Titanium (which would then get you the 75nts choice) for maybe 10nts actual stay...

about the same effort for a Titanium to keep their status this year...

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
don't Americans get 30nts from CCs if they have both a personal and business card?

if thats correct, and add the 50% headstart this year (ie 25nts credit for someone with Plat status last year) you are already at 55nts without staying (which would get you the 50nt threshold choice). stay a bunch of nights during the current double nights promo, and you're pretty much at Titanium (which would then get you the 75nts choice) for maybe 10nts actual stay...

I don’t know if you can get the elite night credits from two credit cards, or if it would be worth paying for two credit cards to do so. But I started the year with 40 nights this year (15 from credit card, 25 from headstart) and addEd 18 for a nine-night WKORV stay this month, so I’m already at 58. Next month I’ll add 14 more, for a seven night WDW stay, and then four nights in a hotel at the beginning of May will bring me to 76. No chance to make Ambassador with additional stays because that requires spend I won’t have.

So yes, this year it’s pretty easy to get to Titanium, but that’s basically a one time thing. Next year I’ll be back to hoping I can keep Platinum, I expect.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Exactly. I received 30 nights from credit cards and 25 since I was Platinum last year, so I’m already at 55 and haven’t spent a night at a hotel so far this year.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Exactly. I received 30 nights from credit cards and 25 since I was Platinum last year, so I’m already at 55 and haven’t spent a night at a hotel so far this year.

I got 15 from the old Starwood card and 13 because I’m Gold due to my United status so I started at 28. Currently sitting at 35.