• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonus certificates with Williamsburgh Plantations deposit with II?

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a 4 bedroom at Williamsburg Plantation on ebay. I was wondering if this get bonus certificates when you deposit it with II?

Thanks!

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt it has ever gotten bonus weeks from II. The only Williamsburg resort that I have ever seen get a bonus week is Marriott Manor Club and for 2009 even Manor club July 4th weeks arent getting them.

Last edited:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Wasnt sure.

Is there a list anywhere that has which resorts get bonus weeks?

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a 4 bedroom at Williamsburg Plantation on ebay. I was wondering if this get bonus certificates when you deposit it with II?

Thanks!

Depending on the week of ownership, you do get accomodation certificates--I own Thanksgiving week, and get 2 certificates when I lock off the unit. The certificates are not extremely useful, as they don't allow for unlimited use in flexchange as some certificates do, but you can exchange via a grid. I have seen 2BR Disneys in Orlando with the certificates.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Wasnt sure.

It can and will change from year to year so any list would only be accurate for the year the bonus week is received.

The other poster has received bonus weeks but I wouldnt base a purchase on a bonus week especially one that would appear to have more restrictions than a usual bonus week.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Ok thanks. Wasnt sure.

The best way to check this out is to call II and ask them what weeks (if any) at this resort received ACs for 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 - and base your decision on this.

and remember - past offers do not guarentee future offers - supply and demand change for resorts year to year.

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
It can and will change from year to year so any list would only be accurate for the year the bonus week is received.

The other poster has received bonus weeks but I wouldnt base a purchase on a bonus week especially one that would appear to have more restrictions than a usual bonus week.

Good advice. I would not purchase based on this alone, but the developer does have an arrangement to receive these weeks. I am not sure for how long the agreement is in place.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok, Im going to give tham a call.

We really dont need a third unit, but the MF are so low its hard not to!

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a bonus week from II recently when I deposited one of my 2009 fixed Christmas week units for Williamsburg Plantation--I see that one on Ebay is a fixed Christmas week unit as well. I am not sure that the listing points out that the units are slightly different--one has a full kitchen and one has a partial kitchen. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference when exchanging with II but could mean something if you are planning to use or rent the units. As far as MFs go, when I purchased my units a couple of years ago the fees were under $500. They have gone up substantially in just a couple of years. Hope the trend doesn't continue:eek:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt it has ever gotten bonus weeks from II. The only Williamsburg resort that I have ever seen get a bonus week is Marriott Manor Club and for 2009 even Manor club July 4th weeks arent getting them.

I have a 3BR lockoff float week at Kings Creek in Williamsburg. For 2009 as long as I gave II summer weeks they gave me a bonus week for each unit (split into 2 - so I got 2 weeks for each deposit and then the 2 ACs) Great deal for me. Already used one of them for DVC.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im bidding, MF are $350, Floats all year. 4 bedroom.

Ill let you know how it goes.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would confirm with the resort that maintenance fees are indeed $350. Thats extremely low for a 4 bedroom unit. Is it an EOY unit? That would make sense then at $700 per year of usage.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Be aware that MF's that are to low often lead to poorly maintained resorts and the eventual special assessment to bring things back up to standards. You need to be sure that that cash reserve is adaquate for future needs. The management/developer will alway get their cut and keep fee's low by slicing the cash reserve's, which are what protect the owners.

I would put $350 for a 4 bedroom unit into the catagory of suspicously to low for long term maintenance of a resort.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes .. its bi annual ...so that explains the low MF.

Im winning right now, at $1!!! Gotta love ebay. I bought our other 2 timesahres there, for $173 and $401! :)

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a 4 BR lock-off at WPN. We have an annual floating week. As I recall, our 2008 m/f was $629. So the $350 sounds about right for bi-annual.

We do get an II AC with each lock-off unit we deposit. We've only used them 2 times in the 10 years we've owned. We just can't take that many weeks off work. But some day when we're retired, maybe we can take advantage of the ac's.

Good luck!

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do the units work here? If I bought a 4 bedroom, does that consist of 2 different condos that each lock off? Or does one 2 bedroom condo lock off from the other 2 bedroom condo?

Thanks again!

Hopefully Ill get ACs when I deposit one of them.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its a 4 bedroom that locks off to 2 two bedroom units.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok thanks, I didnt know if it was 2 lockoffs that combined to a 4 bedroom or 2 2 bedrooms that combined.

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Allow me to help clarify the layout of the 4 BR lock off.

I'm not sure what phase you'd be buying into. But our phase units are all 2 story buildings, with 2 units up and 2 down. You would own 1 u/s and 1 d/s unit as part of a 4BR lock-off.

Each building has 2 front doors side by side. Each door leads to a 4 BR unit, one d/s (all on one floor) and one u/s (again all on one floor). The only shared area is the central entrance hall inside the front door (great place to store bikes, strollers, etc), and the carpeted stairway and shared laundry area whihc is in the upstairs hall.

Therefore unlike other lock-off's, there is no connecting door to the 2 units.

The d/s unit has a full kitchen. Even though the floor plan is identical up and down, the u/s unit is a LK because it does now have a full range/oven. It has a 2 burner range top, no oven. I think the frig is smaller also. But there's just as much living space, and identical furnishings. We've owned for many years, and have only stayed in the d/s units.

We try to call over a year in advance to pay our m/f and reserve a prime summer week. We always take the same unit up and down, for the same week. We immediately deposit the u/s unit, and save the d/s until 6 months before check-in, just in case we don't have another summer vacation planned, and should decide to go there. We only get the a/c if it's deposited 6 month in advance.

When you select your weeks, you can choose either the same weeks for both units, or take a different week for the u/s and d/s units. Our friends have done that, have gone there twice a year in different seasons, when times were tough and trading/traveling further was not an option.

I think WPN has been a good trader for the cost and m/f.... even the LK u/s unit. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Did you win it yet?

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks linda, that makes alot more sense now. Yep - Ive won. Got it for $1 on ebay. Cant beat the price. Its an even year ownership, but we have 2 others so it was perfect for us.

So we should call ahead and book 2 weeks. Then deposit the upstairs unit, and save downstairs til 6 months before as a just in case. That makes perfect sense. I'll have to do that as soon as I pay the 2010 MF (which will probably be soon).

This sounds like a win win, especially with the ACs!

What types of trades have you gotten with the upstairs and downstairs unit?

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks linda, that makes alot more sense now. Yep - Ive won. Got it for $1 on ebay. Cant beat the price. Its an even year ownership, but we have 2 others so it was perfect for us.

So we should call ahead and book 2 weeks. Then deposit the upstairs unit, and save downstairs til 6 months before as a just in case. That makes perfect sense. I'll have to do that as soon as I pay the 2010 MF (which will probably be soon).

This sounds like a win win, especially with the ACs!

What types of trades have you gotten with the upstairs and downstairs unit?
:cheer: Yay for you! I've learned so much here on TUG about t/s that I wish I knew before we bought new, many years ago.

Yes, you've got the idea on the a/c's. The idea is to stagger them, since they expire in 1 year.

Here are the trades we've done and the month. All were at least a 2 BR / 2 BA. We've had the need to travel in the summer since our 3 children were in school.

Grand Cayman ........... PLV ... Plantation Village ......... Nov
Aruba ...................... HTB ... Renaissance ............... June. 2 units, 1 a/c, 1 regular.
Vail, CO ................... SAC ... Sandstone Creek ......... Aug. Nice in the summer, too.
Aruba ...................... CSD ... Casa Del Mar .............. May
Aruba ...................... DVV ... Divi Village ................. June, using an a/c.
Aruba ...................... CSD ... Casa Del Mar .............. June
Aruba ...................... LQB ... La Quinta ................... June. This was back to back with the prior week. 2 weeks in Aruba was awesome!
Aruba ...................... PLB ... Playa Linda .................. May, using an a/c.
Orlando, FL .............. MRP ... Marriott's Royal Palm ..... July, 2 weeks.
Banner Elk, NC .......... BRV ... Blue Ridge Village .......... July
Costa Del Sol, SP....... ERM ... MacDonald La Ermita ..... April
Atlantic Beach, NC .... ATB ... Peppertree ................... Aug
Antiqua ................... JBV ... Jolly Beach Vacations ..... June
Sedona, AZ .............. SDA ... Sedona Summit ............ Nov
Stowe, VT ................TFL ... Trapp Family Lodge ........ June
Killarney, Ireland ....... OKV ... Old Killarney Village ....... Sep

I hope the closing goes smoothly for you, and you and your family have many fine years using WPN and trading it. I see you're an old pro at timesharing. Enjoy! :)

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG Linda, Im SOOO excited now! Its like getting 4 weeks of vacations for 1 MF! Thats GREAT! I couldnt be more excited.

Thank you SO much for posting your GREAT trades!!!!!

Thats a GREAT list! We have only been to Aruba on a cruise, and would LOVE to go back for a week! We are going to St martin this summer, and cant wait!

We "found" timesharing 2 years ago, and havent looked back since. We own 2already, so this will be our third. I really am SO excited!

I wont have enough vacation time to use all our weeks!

Which one was your favorite in Aruba?

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wont have enough vacation time to use all our weeks!

We have the same problem. Most of our a/c's don't get used. But we're Ok with that. For now, 2 weeks of quality vacation a year is great. There will come a time that we'll be able to take advantage of the a/c's.

Which one was your favorite in Aruba?

That's a tough question. I'll start by telling you that Aruba is an easy trade, as you can tell by how many times we've been there. :) It's also easy to get use an a/c in May and June for Aruba.

We've stayed in all 3 areas:
In town Orangestad, at the Renaissance, which has no beach right there, but has a private island easily accessible by boat. We loved the access to town and loved the private island.

Then, Eagle beach - Casa Del Mar, twice. We loved it there too. Our least favortie was La Quinta. It was OK. But it was back to back with Casa del Mar, and it was not as good.

Then Palm beach - Playa Linda. That was awesome too. But the beach is more crowded.

You can't go wrong with most of the II resorts in Aruba. Just try them all! I can foresee many fine Aruba weeks in your t/s future! :whoopie:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Linda!

Now Im hoping the closing goes through! I havent heard anything from the seller since the 1st email saying I won. :(

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda, looks like things are moving! Deed had been sent to be recorded (12/12) so we should finish closing soon. I am SO excited!

Thanks again for all your great help!