• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek upgrade path

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
trying to understand upgrade feature at bonnet creek. I made a reservation for a 1 bed pres. 68,000 pt. -- couple days later email tells me congratulation your reservation has been upgraded to a 1 bed presidential-again it is what I had booked. When booking I did have one of three choices for upgrade--PR unit-larger suite or don't change. I chose PR. In past reservations I think that it will say 1 bed PR upgraded. I may be wrong on this and was just looking for clarification if it has happened to anyone else. I know that upgrades are not guaranteed but with the 15 day approaching I am wondering if since the system has said that it is upgraded if that would take me out of chance to get the PR unit even if only a 1 bed PR. Customer care did not know the answer but said could see my point since 1 bed pres booked is not being upgrade to 1 bed pres. I was also able to book a 1 dlx (50,400 pts) and it instant upgrade to 1 pres. Have family going with us, and in my mind why would I spend more points to get the exact same unit. Experience anyone???

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are you Presidential Reserve? Upgrades work differently for PR owners.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm having a little trouble understanding what happened. Sounds like you got a spurious, erroneous email about an upgrade.

I've booked scores of reservations at Bonnet Creek and played the upgrade game almost as many times but there are still some uncertainties. Not long ago, I started a thread about Bonnet Creek upgrades. The question was about the upgrade choices when one books a Presidential unit. Say you book a 1BR Presidential unit and select "larger unit." You could be upgraded to a 2BR Deluxe. It is larger but the points used are the same. Obviously, nothing will happen if you opt out of an upgrade. My question was what happens if you book the presidential unit and request an upgrade to a presidential unit. Does the upgrade routine take this as a request for a larger presidential unit or does it think the owner is a dummy and do nothing? I don't know for sure but the consensus was that it might upgrade to a larger presidential unit.

In your list of reservations on-line, does it say "Upgraded" right under the unit type?

If you booked a 1BR Deluxe and it got an instant upgrade to a 1BR Presidential, you should have tried to do it again to reduce the cost of the first reservation.

Last edited:

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw a post from Amy P. on one of the Facebook Wyndham groups that said there may be some problems with website upgrades or reservation dates changing so hope it corrects itself.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am not PR - but my understanding is if PR you can say you only want to upgrade to a PR unit.

I don't have that ability. Each resort is different, but at Bonnet Creek, here are my upgrade paths:
1 Bedroom Deluxe -> 2 Bedroom Deluxe or 2 Bedroom Presidential (or 3 or 4, whatever) -- but most importantly, this will not upgrade to a 1 BR Presidential for me
1 Bedroom Presidential ->2 Bedroom Deluxe (same points but considered an upgrade), then the same as noted above
I think the rest is as expected, you get the gist of it from these 2 examples? But with PR, I think you have the benefit of not going from a Presidential to a Deluxe (IF IT's WORKING).

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I am not PR - but my understanding is if PR you can say you only want to upgrade to a PR unit.

I don't have that ability. Each resort is different, but at Bonnet Creek, here are my upgrade paths:
1 Bedroom Deluxe -> 2 Bedroom Deluxe or 2 Bedroom Presidential (or 3 or 4, whatever) -- but most importantly, this will not upgrade to a 1 BR Presidential for me
1 Bedroom Presidential ->2 Bedroom Deluxe (same points but considered an upgrade), then the same as noted above
I think the rest is as expected, you get the gist of it from these 2 examples? But with PR, I think you have the benefit of not going from a Presidential to a Deluxe (IF IT's WORKING).

For the first part in bold, that really has been my question. It's clear that there's a path from a 2BR Deluxe unit to a 2, 3, or 4 BR Presidential unit. If I book a 2BR Presidential Reserve unit and opt for an upgrade to a Presidential Reserve Suite, will I ever get an upgrade? Or will the upgrade routine ignore the request because the reservation is already a Presidential Reserve unit?

I started booking a 2BR Presidential unit at Bonnet Creek in mid-July 2025. Only Presidential Reserve units can be booked that far out. The initial choices are two radio buttons -- Upgrade me if the next desirable suite becomes available and Keep My Selected Suite.

Opt-In to Future Upgrades​

Opt-in to automatically be upgraded if a better suite becomes available prior to your check-in date. Select an option below:

Upgrade me if the next desirable suite becomes available

Select the option that's most important to you in an upgraded suite:​

Presidential Reserve Suite
Enjoy an upscale experience with this luxurious suite
Larger Suite
A suite with a greater square footage
No Preference
A suite with any of the options listed above

Keep My Selected Suite

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

As for the second part in bold, I think if I reserve a 2BR Presidential Reserve unit and opt for a larger suite, it is entirely possible to end up with a 3BR Deluxe unit.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
As for the second part in bold, I think if I reserve a 2BR Presidential Reserve unit and opt for a larger suite, it is entirely possible to end up with a 3BR Deluxe unit.
That’s awful given that the 3 br deluxe is the same amount of points than the 2 br presidential and much easier to book

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That’s awful given that the 3 br deluxe is the same amount of points than the 2 br presidential and much easier to book
That's the thing to be aware of, IMO. And I think especially if you are not PR. I think PR owners can say they only want presidential units. Otherwise, you are at risk of losing a presidential unit and going to a larger deluxe unit (for the same price).
1BR Pres will upgrade to a 2BR Dlx
2BR Pres will upgrade to a 3BR Dlx
So I don't request auto upgrades on those
I will request one for a 3 BR Presidential (don't think I've gotten one as an auto upgrade, but no risk there of trying).

And here's my whine... a 1BR Dlx will not upgrade to a 1BR Pres, nor does a 2BR Dlx go to a 2BR Pres or a 3BR Dlx to a 3BR Pres. Not instant or auto. We lost that path when voyager was introduced :-(

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
For the first part in bold, that really has been my question. It's clear that there's a path from a 2BR Deluxe unit to a 2, 3, or 4 BR Presidential unit. If I book a 2BR Presidential Reserve unit and opt for an upgrade to a Presidential Reserve Suite, will I ever get an upgrade? Or will the upgrade routine ignore the request because the reservation is already a Presidential Reserve unit?

I started booking a 2BR Presidential unit at Bonnet Creek in mid-July 2025. Only Presidential Reserve units can be booked that far out. The initial choices are two radio buttons -- Upgrade me if the next desirable suite becomes available and Keep My Selected Suite.

Opt-In to Future Upgrades​

Opt-in to automatically be upgraded if a better suite becomes available prior to your check-in date. Select an option below:

Upgrade me if the next desirable suite becomes available

Select the option that's most important to you in an upgraded suite:​

Presidential Reserve Suite
Enjoy an upscale experience with this luxurious suite
Larger Suite
A suite with a greater square footage
No Preference
A suite with any of the options listed above

Keep My Selected Suite
I see what you mean - it's not like the upgrade process is entirely clear based upon this wording. For example, if I book a one bedroom accessible unit - and I choose to upgrade during the booking process - it clearly asks me if I want to only upgrade to another accessible unit - or if a normal unit upgrade is permissible. I think that's what you're looking for regarding the first part? If so, I can write this up and submit it to Wyndham IT for investigation and validation. Question, do you ever recall being auto-upgraded to a PR unit when you booked a PR unit originally?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I've had this happen a few times over the years, though it was with a Presidential unit as opposed to a PR unit. Once at Rio Mar, I had booked a Studio Deluxe Presidential ocean view unit - and was upgraded to a mountain view one bedroom deluxe. Fortunately I was able to cancel that upgraded room and I found another one bedroom ocean view unit - though I ended up having to pay full points for the one bedroom booking of course.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see what you mean - it's not like the upgrade process is entirely clear based upon this wording. For example, if I book a one bedroom accessible unit - and I choose to upgrade during the booking process - it clearly asks me if I want to only upgrade to another accessible unit - or if a normal unit upgrade is permissible. I think that's what you're looking for regarding the first part? If so, I can write this up and submit it to Wyndham IT for investigation and validation. Question, do you ever recall being auto-upgraded to a PR unit when you booked a PR unit originally?
No, never.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded to the exact same unit before. Now there is a glitch that shows upgraded but it doesn't show yet. But I've also had it just plain upgrade to the exact same unit. Owner's Care could do nothing except cancel it and try again.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the question should be is "do they even have 1 bed PR at B/C. Guess I could call and ask. Because now the system does have a 1 pres. avail and when asked if I would like upgrade they system no longer asks if I want to go to PR, it just gives me 2 option ----to the next larger suite or keep unit as booked. ( the 3rd choice which was to go PR is now not showing) Did not try the 1 bed dlx to 1 bd pres today to save points--- so unsure of what it would do now.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bonnet Creek points chart has a column for 1BR Presidential units. They must have at least one! :cool: