• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Qustions

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be booking Bonnet Creek for my niece and her family. I have never stayed there so I'm not sure what the property offers.

The Wyndham website says they have free transportation to all of the Disney theme parks. Could anyone please elaborate on this for me? Does the free transportation run all day? Is it through Wyndham or Disney? Any good points to keep in mind when using it?

Is a car still needed if staying at Bonnet Creek with the free transportation?

Is Bonnet Creek within the Disney gates? Can you see the fireworks from the property?

Thanks,
Diane

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
BC is on disney property. There is free shuttle to the disney gates. A car is not necessary unless you are in orlando other than for disney. The ride runs while the parks are open. The property has a wonderful pool and lazy river, and depending on room location you can see the fireworks. Search the wyndham thread to see what building you should request for this.

You will love BC.

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Siesta, for the info. When you say the shuttle takes you up to the Disney gates, is it close enough then to walk to get into the theme park you are going to? Do you then use Disney transportation after that or can you walk everything from there?

Sorry, I was only at Disney one time myself and it was only one day with someone who worked there, so she shuttled us around and I didn't pay attention to how it really worked!

Diane

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet creek is within the Disney gates, The shuttle takes you to the individual parks and Downtown Disney, There will be a schedule provided when you check in.

depending on your room assignment you will be able to see the Fireworks at Epcot from your room. ask at check in. Some rooms only from your balcony...My last trip we were in Building 3 and could see the fireworks from the room, and from the hot tub in front of the building....we could also hear the music playing at the Tiki Bar...which we enjoyed....we will be asking for Building three next trip too

I think a car is absolutely necessary at Bonnet Creek, but thats just me...I usually have other things than just Disney Parks to do in Orlando, both business and pleasure, when I go there. Although now that the Hotel is open there are several nice restaurants to choose from on the property. (I particularly like to visit the Wing House (now you know the truth I either really like wings, or Im a dirty old man) and I need the car to get there. But if you want to do any cooking in your unit you will either need to use a grocery delivery service or drive to a grocery store

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a car is very helpful at BC. We have younger kids and the mid-day return schedule for the shuttle (from the parks to BC) was too limited (at least in October, when we went). With younger kids it is best to come back to the resort in the early afternoon, so everyone can rest, and they didn't have many mid-day returns.

If you have older kids (or just adults), you can probably make do with out a car. You will also save on those Disney parking fees, with the shuttle. You can get your groceries delivered, and just use the shuttles.

That said, I personally would still shop for a bargain rent-a-car, as it sure does come in handy.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There are a few rooms with fireworks views that Bonnet Creek makes available for all guests. Ask at checkin and they should be able to tell you the details (what room(s) they are holding for the fireworks viewing).

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
the resort opened a four bedroom presidential for the fireworks each night about 8:45 and then closed up after the fireworks. It was very nice.
the shuttle usually drops you off in the bus area, within walking distance of the gate to each park.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use the free transportation every time we go there. Living 3 hrs. away, we use BC more than any other resort. It takes you to all four parks and Downtown Disney. Pickup ends around 10:30. If you get a room with fireworks viewing, you can probably see the fireworks over Magic Kingdom also.
Unless you plan on eating out all the time, I would get a car for grocery store runs or to go to other restaurants and see other sites.
just to clarify (and here I sound like a hard core DVC owner here) you enter then leave Disney property to get to BC, though for all practical purposes, you can say it is.

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the helpful tips and information. You've cleared up many of my questions which makes planning much easier.

GeorgeInNePa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet creek is within the Disney gates, The shuttle takes you to the individual parks and Downtown Disney, There will be a schedule provided when you check in.

depending on your room assignment you will be able to see the Fireworks at Epcot from your room. ask at check in. Some rooms only from your balcony...My last trip we were in Building 3 and could see the fireworks from the room, and from the hot tub in front of the building....we could also hear the music playing at the Tiki Bar...which we enjoyed....we will be asking for Building three next trip too

I think a car is absolutely necessary at Bonnet Creek,
but thats just me...I usually have other things than just Disney Parks to do in Orlando, both business and pleasure, when I go there. Although now that the Hotel is open there are several nice restaurants to choose from on the property. (I particularly like to visit the Wing House (now you know the truth I either really like wings, or Im a dirty old man) and I need the car to get there. But if you want to do any cooking in your unit you will either need to use a grocery delivery service or drive to a grocery store

This.

Walmart is a few miles away. You are going to have access to the grills outside the buildings and you have a full kitchen.

We love chicken, steaks, and/or burgers cooked on a grill. You can save a lot of money just eating a decent breakfast in the room (hard hard is it to cook bacon and eggs or french toast or pancakes?) and a few dinners. Then spend the money on a few really nice dinners out. (We really like Kobe Japanese Steakhouse on RT192.)

You blow so much on a crappy lunch at the parks that a decent dinner, done cheaply at the room, is something we look forward to.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be booking Bonnet Creek for my niece and her family. I have never stayed there so I'm not sure what the property offers.
Here's a link to a very comprehensive thread over on the DISboards about WBC: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937

That thread will tell you just about anything you want to know. Also, if you look at WBC on Google Earth, you can get a good idea of both the location and layout of the resort.

WBC is a large resort, 6 towers, +/- 1200 villas, built around a large lake. With the addition of the Wyndham Grand Hotel on the property, 5 food outlets including full-service restaurants, another pool, and a spa were added to the amenities available to WBC timeshare guests. So there are now a total of six pools, two with lazy rivers and two others with slides, as well as free minigolf.

With regard to cooking instead of dining out, the resort also has several sets of free outdoor barbeque areas. These each have 4 large gas BBQs, picnic tables, and a shade structure. They're very nice and we saw a lot of people using them.
The Wyndham website says they have free transportation to all of the Disney theme parks. Could anyone please elaborate on this for me? Does the free transportation run all day? Is it through Wyndham or Disney? Any good points to keep in mind when using it?
This is a scheduled bus service, with regular trips throughout the day and evening. The schedules change seasonally. You should also know that there is a gap in the middle of the day when there are no buses running...so you have to plan for that.

Is a car still needed if staying at Bonnet Creek with the free transportation?
NEEDED? No. But I agree with Ron that it greatly enhances your dining options.

Is Bonnet Creek within the Disney gates?
Within the gates, yes. On Disney property, no. But it's surrounded by Disney property on three sides, and it's somewhat closer to the parks than several of the Disney "onsite" resorts.
Can you see the fireworks from the property?
Yes. You're not far from Epcot, so you can see those fireworks clearly. Depending on location, you can also see the MK fireworks, but they are WAY in the distance.

If your guests want a fireworks view room, call the resort directly before their arrival and request one.

Also, warn them about the sales weasles. They're going to be bathed in Pixie Dust, and that will make them susceptible to weasel-speak lies and pressure. Tell them to avoid all contact with the timeshare sales folks at all cost -- don't sign up for a tour, decline to fill out a "survey," and unplug the phone in the room.