• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek; Owner Update, front desk, and room assignment

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons for the original decision to buy into Wyndham, was Bonnet Creek. Its close to home, its quite nice, and its the perfect spot for a weekend, or mid week getaway

I came to the end of this year with a few cancelled points in my account...so here we are for 3 nights

My reservation is a split reservation, a one night, followed, by a two night. No big deal , right? The front desk can usually fix it so you dont have to move, but I screwed up (got greedy) and upgraded one reservation to a 2 bedroom. And I couldnt find an upgrade for the other. I approached the front desk, asking for a downgrade, if possible, so we wouldnt have to move...The desk clerk, had to check with her supervisor...surprise, surprise. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom for the whole stay...

That was the first good thing....

Then she sent me for my "parking pass". Now I have decided to attend owner updates. I know enough now to be able to spot the lies (thank you tug), and Im tough enough and smart enough to resist the pitch. And I halfway enjoy the sparring. besides that the money is nice. Imagine my surprise when the parking pass lady told me that they couldnt schedule an owner update for me. Something about not coming up in the rotation...perhaps next time. She said that mid week they only had so many meeting times available, and that the place was full...they couldnt accommodate everyone So no Amex card ($100)

They put us in Building 3, 6th floor, directly across the lake from the 4 story building that houses the lobby, activities center and sales center. We have a view of one of the pools and a waterslide, the lake, with lighted fountains, and at 9:30pm the Epcot fireworks. Ive been here several times...this is the best located room so far.

Also

The hotel is now open. The restaurants there now make this place a real resort..There is no need to leave the property

antjmar

Reaction score
Something about not coming up in the rotation...perhaps next time. She said that mid week they only had so many meeting times available, and that the place was full...they couldnt accommodate everyone So no Amex card ($100)
We were for Thanksgiving and LOVED IT!!!
The front desk was kind of a PITA since we didnt want to do an owner update. I think she might have even offered us $150:eek:
Do you think its cause you declined last time or have done too many recently?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were for Thanksgiving and LOVED IT!!!
The front desk was kind of a PITA since we didnt want to do an owner update. I think she might have even offered us $150:eek:
Do you think its cause you declined last time or have done too many recently?

It could be both..I declined here last visit, and I did an owner update at national Harbor, thanksgiving

And of course Im something of a PITA

Actually Im willing to take what she said at face value...they are busy. I see sales people with live prospects all over the place, doing tours

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, did you do any particular room request? If so, did you get it?

Or were you just taking "run of the house?"

I asked for some blending of my 2 reservations..I would have been happy with a one bedroom, or a two bedroom. They gave me the two...she asked if I would prefer a high or low floor (i said high and got the 6th floor) I then said fireworks would be nice...and got everything I asked for

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron
when we were at BC in October, they told me that building 3 is the next to be renovated - and that they had just finished renovating building 2.

how is the condition of the rooms in buidling 3?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, Ron, are you using resale points? You can never use those at Bonnet Creek according to you know who!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron
when we were at BC in October, they told me that building 3 is the next to be renovated - and that they had just finished renovating building 2.

how is the condition of the rooms in buidling 3?

I dont see any difference between this room and building 4 where I was last time
Although I saw one room on the ground floor that looked like it was getting new furniture

prairiejane

Reaction score
Actually Im willing to take what she said at face value...they are busy. I see sales people with live prospects all over the place, doing tours

I was in Bonnet Creek 2 days ago for a sales pitch and it was a mad house. I was completely stressed out by the crowds after we walked through the lobby. It was insane.