• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen

Rhondageorgia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
It is embarrassing to admit but my husband and I are professionals with advanced graduate degrees. However, we bought into Bluegreen I think we made a mistake. It became very evident when we had to cancel a planned vacation for the mountains and staying a day or two at a beach. Well, now we have loads of points that we cannot use because they will only be good in off seasons. When I called a woman was very pleasant at first but became belligerent when I began questioning. My husband has contacted a local attorney who is going to vet the beat attorney for the process of getting out of our contracts. It will be between 6-12 thousand dollars to be free and clear of the contract. If you have any advice let me know. We have sent two emails with no response.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Timeshare sales contracts are ironclad, you signed it. You could get Alan Dershowitz, it won’t do much good wasting money on attorneys.

Try the TUG advice for disposing of it:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
it won’t do much good wasting money on attorneys
This advice is spot on. Please take some time to read the various forum topics and you will quickly learn that all the lawyer will do is provide you with a very large bill to do exactly what you can do yourself, and you will still have your TS in the end.

Do you have a mortgage or loan outstanding on your TS? If so there is very little you can do other than learn how to use it effectively. If theTS is free and clear, there are ways to get rid of it but as is commonly stated, you purchased it for a reason. Perhaps learning the Bluegreen system and how it can work for you might revive those reasons for you and give you an opportunity to enjoy it.