• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BlueGreen Vacation Club

dcmoony

Reaction score
I have a few questions for all of the Bluegreen vacation club owners.
1) I see where bluegreen has their own points system. Are all units in the points system? Are there resale’s out there that will need to be converted to the points system?
2) Have you had any trouble trading into any of the Bluegreen properties that are not your home resort?
3) How do you like the Bluegreen vacation club?
Thanks,

Tom52

TUG Member
Reaction score
dcmoony there is a really great site for Bluegreen owners that you should check out. www.groups.yahoo.com/group/bluegreen you can learn a lot from veteran Bluegreen owners.

The short answers to your questions are

1) Not all units are in the points system. Resales for non points units do not have to be converted to points and typically to get Bluegreen to convert them to points they will probably want an additional points purchse.

2) It takes advance planning to get the good units at peak times. Although I never tried it, Hawaii and Aruba are next to impossible. Off peak weeks are not so difficult. In the end it is probably not much different from any other points program.

3) In general I like the Bluegreen vacation club while there are certain aspects of Bluegreen that I would like to see improved. Again, probably no different from other points program owners. You will find the members of the Bluegreen group mentioned above are generally very happy with the program.

Tom

dcmoony said:
I have a few questions for all of the Bluegreen vacation club owners.
1) I see where bluegreen has their own points system. Are all units in the points system? Are there resale’s out there that will need to be converted to the points system?
2) Have you had any trouble trading into any of the Bluegreen properties that are not your home resort?
3) How do you like the Bluegreen vacation club?
Thanks,

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluegreen is an awesome point system. Very well designed and very well run. Many of the resorts are outstanding, especially the newer ones with higher point values.

One of the best features of Bluegreen is their LOW maintenance fees. That makes it very cost effective as a trader or for use. And, if you live near resorts, their bonus time program is fantastic. 1 bedroom units from $39 and 2 bedroom units from $59.

I wish they had online reservations. That's the biggest gap right now. But, they are working on it and I believe will start with Bonus time sometime this year.

I always say that Bluegreen resorts are on average 1/2 step below Fairfield. But, the low maitenenace fee more than makes up for that. So, the value is great.

geekette

Reaction score
We don't "trade in", we spend our points. First come, first served. No problems getting what I want.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
BG Hawaii

Tom52 said:
dcmoony there is a really great site for Bluegreen owners that you should check out. www.groups.yahoo.com/group/bluegreen you can learn a lot from veteran Bluegreen owners.
Although I never tried it, Hawaii and Aruba are next to impossible. You will find the members of the Bluegreen group mentioned above are generally very happy with the program.
Tom
I tried and I got BG Hawaii this summer. But I did request as early as I could.

Signed, a happy BG owner

Charles