• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Resorts deedback info - give your unwanted Bluegreen ownership back

kenchi

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Boyne Mountain - Bluegreen Resorts - Mountain Run
Finished reading this thread. Great info, especially from @Panina, @froggirl1104 and @Paul R77 - it looks like the three of you were successful in giving back your deed to Bluegreen.
@Panina - did you have to pay any fees whatsoever, or did they handle everything?

I'm helping my elderly parents get rid of their Boyne Mountain Bluegreen 51st (fixed) week TS that they owned since 1982! Filled out the online form from Post#1 today, since they are not open on the weekends, and will update here. Hopefully things will move more swiftly now that most people are back to work from the pandemic pause.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Finished reading this thread. Great info, especially from @Panina, @froggirl1104 and @Paul R77 .

I'm helping my elderly parents get rid of their Boyne Mountain Bluegreen 51st week TS that they owned since 1982! Filled out the online form from Post#1 today, since they are not open on the weekends, and will update here. Hopefully things will move more swiftly now that most people are back to work from the pandemic pause.
If it is a fixed week in the Bluegreen system they will take it.
Glad you found us!

jasahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Vacation Club
If it is a fixed week in the Bluegreen system they will take it.
Glad you found us!

My takeaway from that is that I'm basically screwed then since I have points, not fixed...

We haven't been able to go on a vacation in years (BG or otherwise) - at the last owner update we actually did, we explained our situation & that we actually were looking for a way to get out. The rep told us that renting our points out was a way to help - he even showed us his own AirBnB listings for BG properties.

We've been doing that for the past 3 years no problem. It was never enough to fully cover MF's, but it helped a lot. Then out of the blue yesterday, we received a nasty letter from BG's "Director of Corporate Compliance" reminding us that commercial use is prohibited, and that they were monitoring our account and would start cancelling reservations if they thought I was listing them for rent.

If renting our points out isn't allowed, then I don't have the means to cover the fees - Are the below deeds worth anything to anyone? All are Trust Fund E/Sales Type A (September 1st anniversary date).

TypePointsLocation
Annual15000Seaglass Towers
Annual10000Mountain Run at Boyne
EOY - Even6000Cibola Vista
EOY - Even12000South Mountain Resort
EOY - Odd6000Manhattan Club

Not soliciting offers here - I'm happy to list them wherever I'm supposed to - just asking if points spread around like that are something that will sell. If I'm not allowed to rent them, and can't give them away or deed them back, I'd be willing to risk taking the credit hit, but some sites seem to indicate that they can come after MF's through court order, which means I'd have the credit hit AND still have to pay.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My takeaway from that is that I'm basically screwed then since I have points, not fixed...

We haven't been able to go on a vacation in years (BG or otherwise) - at the last owner update we actually did, we explained our situation & that we actually were looking for a way to get out. The rep told us that renting our points out was a way to help - he even showed us his own AirBnB listings for BG properties.

We've been doing that for the past 3 years no problem. It was never enough to fully cover MF's, but it helped a lot. Then out of the blue yesterday, we received a nasty letter from BG's "Director of Corporate Compliance" reminding us that commercial use is prohibited, and that they were monitoring our account and would start cancelling reservations if they thought I was listing them for rent.

If renting our points out isn't allowed, then I don't have the means to cover the fees - Are the below deeds worth anything to anyone? All are Trust Fund E/Sales Type A (September 1st anniversary date).

TypePointsLocation

Not soliciting offers here - I'm happy to list them wherever I'm supposed to - just asking if points spread around like that are something that will sell. If I'm not allowed to rent them, and can't give them away or deed them back, I'd be willing to risk taking the credit hit, but some sites seem to indicate that they can come after MF's through court order, which means I'd have the credit hit AND still have to pay.
Most you should be able to give away and then when you find a taker willing to pay the transfer fee, Bluegreen at this point will likely exercise rofr and take that contract back. You probably will have to find separate takers for each.

jasahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Vacation Club
I filled out the form and got a call back a couple weeks later - they just directed me to Pinnacle and that they would not take my points back.

I'm going to try to sell them outside Pinnacle. Thanks for the responses

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I filled out the form sometime in March of 2021. 4/1/21 I got a call from Jamarr and was told it would take 1-2 months to lookup the Deed and then they could see what my options were.
It's June 16th now and still haven't heard anything. There's no call-back # or email for them, other than the one (bluegreen customer care).

I emailed that on 6/1/21 with my Case # that was given to me in email and still nothing.

MsRenay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yarn#2bgtug
Very informative site. So my takeaway is that if you have Points for different locations, then basically BlueGreen won't take them back?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a phone call from India (the person) at Bluegreen on 7/12 stating that they never did mail out the deedback form and that I should receive it in a week or so. Well, so far, still no form. I have a feeling it's going to be like someone else where they say they send it and they never do. They DID confirm that Blue Ridge weeks are accepting deedbacks.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Very informative site. So my takeaway is that if you have Points for different locations, then basically BlueGreen won't take them back?
No but for most of their core locations if you advertise it as a free-ish giveaway setting the selling price as the cost of the transfer fee, and find a taker than bluegreen will likely exercise rofr. If you own at one or their more recent locations that they have a designation of fee based services relationship, they won't accept those as trade in's even if you bought direct and want more points so I am not sure if they are exercising ROFR at those ones.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen

TypePointsLocation

Email me, I’m interested Melissa-n-maci@hotmail.com

Flashh0

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oasis Lakes at the Fountains Resort
Hi,

I own at Oasis Lakes at the Fountains resort, I've been thinking about getting rid of my timeshare for a while now. I have finally taken the plunge and used the link to fill in a form to contact Bluegreen to get the process going on 10/29/21 and got an email back on 11/02/21 stating that they would like to talk to me to discuss my options and we may be able to deedback our flex account. Anyways I emails back saying I would like to start the process and I would be happy to speak to them if needed ( they rung me in the UK) .The lady was very nice and assured me that the account has now been marked for deedback and the relevant epartment would sort the paperwork but it could take several months but not to worry as the maintianence fess are not due whilst account is marked for deeback. Move on to 11/22/21 I contacted the lady again to check the progressn and she responded quickly stating the account has been mark as deedback and the paperwork had been sent to me in the post on 11/11/21 but if I havent heard anything by 12/15/21 then to contact her again. Looks like I might finally be able to part with my week at last. Ive posted on here so I can let others know how easy / the length of time it takes from beginning to end. I will keep posting developements as they happen but I suspect it will be severla months before its sorted. Just waiting to see what happens( if anything) after the due date of my fees , if they true to their word all should be good.

MsRenay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yarn#2bgtug
Hi,

I own at Oasis Lakes at the Fountains resort, I've been thinking about getting rid of my timeshare for a while now. I have finally taken the plunge and used the link to fill in a form to contact Bluegreen to get the process going on 10/29/21 and got an email back on 11/02/21 stating that they would like to talk to me to discuss my options and we may be able to deedback our flex account. Anyways I emails back saying I would like to start the process and I would be happy to speak to them if needed ( they rung me in the UK) .The lady was very nice and assured me that the account has now been marked for deedback and the relevant epartment would sort the paperwork but it could take several months but not to worry as the maintianence fess are not due whilst account is marked for deeback. Move on to 11/22/21 I contacted the lady again to check the progressn and she responded quickly stating the account has been mark as deedback and the paperwork had been sent to me in the post on 11/11/21 but if I havent heard anything by 12/15/21 then to contact her again. Looks like I might finally be able to part with my week at last. Ive posted on here so I can let others know how easy / the length of time it takes from beginning to end. I will keep posting developements as they happen but I suspect it will be severla months before its sorted. Just waiting to see what happens( if anything) after the due date of my fees , if they true to their word all should be good.
I too spoke to a BG rep a few months back and was given a few options and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the deed back option as well. Just looking on eBay at listings similar to what I have, I know selling will be a bust because there are a lot for sale or have been for sale for some time with no takers. My maintenance fees come due end of May so I'll check your post to see how long the entire process takes and if you don't mind, what BG fee is if any.

Flashh0

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Little update,
I chased up with the contact I had with Bluegreen but to no avail so I did online chat and they advised that Sterling Title Partners where trying to reach me and since I haven’t heard anything from them I contacted them direct and yesterday received all of the documents I need notarized to complete the deedback. I will sort these out once the holiday period but definitely moving forwards now

Andy

MsRenay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yarn#2bgtug
Little update,
I chased up with the contact I had with Bluegreen but to no avail so I did online chat and they advised that Sterling Title Partners where trying to reach me and since I haven’t heard anything from them I contacted them direct and yesterday received all of the documents I need notarized to complete the deedback. I will sort these out once the holiday period but definitely moving forwards now

Andy
@Flashh0
Mind if I ask are they charging fees?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Little update,

Andy

Do you have the contact info for Sterling?

I've opened 2 separate tickets with BlueGreen and they say each time my fixed week is eligible for Deedback and they'll send me the title or whatever in 4 weeks. Never comes. I called and spoke to agent #2 and she said they'd send it. Never came. I called her back again, she couldn't reach the dept. who supposedly handles that. Now, there's a $500 special assessment due.

Bekeehsa

Reaction score
Just submitted a request, will update you on what I am told. I was going to list in the bargain section today but figured I would see how they answer before I do. My weeks are prime fixed weeks at Blue Ridge Village, not part of the points.
I called Bluegreen last week concerning no longer needing my BG and the lady told me I needed to call Pinnacle. My BG is paid in full and maintenance fees are paid as well. I have not called Pinnacle bc I am skeptical. I read somewhere that Pinnacle was for those who owed on their timeshare. Thoughts? Advice?

Bekeehsa

Reaction score
Hi,

What link/form did you use to contact Bluegreen? Where would I find this information? It's funny how they pressure you to make a decision to purchase within a few hours, yet taking months to get responses from them.
I certainly hope they are true to their word as I would love to do the same. Keep us posted!

MsRenay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yarn#2bgtug
It is ridiculous having to wait months for a reply from Bluegreen. I had to go through a chat before I received a phone call several days later to discuss the Owner Relief deed back option. Unfortunately in my case, I have an outstanding loan for points I was hard sold into buying about 5 years ago and this loan has to be paid off in full before they will submit my case for review. I do not intend to get stuck with another year's maintenance dues in addition to the loan so I will get that paid off before the month is out.
Has anyone completed a deed back and were there any associated fees?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
It is ridiculous having to wait months for a reply from Bluegreen. I had to go through a chat before I received a phone call several days later to discuss the Owner Relief deed back option. Unfortunately in my case, I have an outstanding loan for points I was hard sold into buying about 5 years ago and this loan has to be paid off in full before they will submit my case for review. I do not intend to get stuck with another year's maintenance dues in addition to the loan so I will get that paid off before the month is out.
Has anyone completed a deed back and were there any associated fees?

Ive seen lots of success on the Facebook group: Bluegreen transfers“ page. I actually bought one myself from there. But it must be paid off. Good luck.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive seen lots of success on the Facebook group: Bluegreen transfers“ page. I actually bought one myself from there. But it must be paid off. Good luck.

I'm not seeing/finding a group on FB:
Bluegreen Transfers

There's a:
Bluegreen Resort Owners Transferring(selling) Ownership
that's private

Bluegreen Resort Owners Transferring(selliing) Owners
that's public

Bluegreen Resort Owners
Private group

and more

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I'm not seeing/finding a group on FB:
Bluegreen Transfers

There's a:
Bluegreen Resort Owners Transferring(selling) Ownership
that's private

Bluegreen Resort Owners Transferring(selliing) Owners
that's public

Bluegreen Resort Owners
Private group

and more
Try:

Bluegreen resort owners transferring (selling) ownership. It’s private so you’ll have to join.

Flashh0

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What link/form did you use to contact Bluegreen? Where would I find this information? It's funny how they pressure you to make a decision to purchase within a few hours, yet taking months to get responses from them.
I certainly hope they are true to their word as I would love to do the same. Keep us posted!

Hi

apologies for delaying in replying, I used the link provided on this forum

They answer in about 48 hours and confirmed they would be prepared to do a deedback of our week.
The transfer was sent to Sterling Title Partners to deal with and I have to be honest they are very bad at returning emails but I am getting there slowly.
For example I’ve had to company Chad (believe is is one of the company owners)in on emails to even a response from the lady that’s dealing with my transfer
So far they have checked the commitment ( apparently to check what paperwork BG require) , in our case we need a no lien document & deedback document signed. We had to have these docs notarized ( which caused us a bit of an issue as we are in the UK) but finally done by video call. Apparently we have about 30 data to wait now for completion
I will update when I have any more progress to share
Andy

Flashh0

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have the contact info for Sterling?

I've opened 2 separate tickets with BlueGreen and they say each time my fixed week is eligible for Deedback and they'll send me the title or whatever in 4 weeks. Never comes. I called and spoke to agent #2 and she said they'd send it. Never came. I called her back again, she couldn't reach the dept. who supposedly handles that. Now, there's a $500 special assessment due.
Hi

Use this website

I emailed Chad Silverman who I believe is one of the owners there ( email details & message function on the website )
Bluegreen told me that sterling was handling my case and would contact me but I had to push Sterling( to be honest I still pushing them )

I hope this helps

Andy

Flashh0

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes it is funny how long they take to reply , we had an owners meeting we actually felt like we were being held captive ( even to the point they escorted me to the restrooms so I didn’t walk out!!)
But when we need them they seldom reply

Reaction score

This evening I had an online chat with BG. I was told that at this time BG is not doing any deed-backs but when my mortgage is paid off to check again because things could change. I am considering getting a personal loan to pay off the BG mortgage (~$10K). I want NOTHING to do with BG for several reasons and it remains the worst financial decision I've ever made. I had buyers remorse right away and should've trusted my intuition. I want to pay it off asap and then get rid of it. Thoughts on my personal loan idea?