• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Resorts deedback info - give your unwanted Bluegreen ownership back

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I called their customer service last week and mentioned their website that mentions providing a solution to exit my timeshare. They mentioned that they do not do deedback and only suggested to sell the timeshare through their recommended timeshare reseller.
You need to fill out the form. That is how I got a response.

joel051

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
this number?

(844) 757-6932
yes, that was the number I called and they told me that the do not do "deedback" and told me that my only option was to sell the timeshare through their recognized timeshare seller.

joel051

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Everyone,

I went to this link "

https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/talk-to-bluegreen-vacations-were-here-to-help

and got the reply below via email:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to reach out and first apologize for the delay in the response. Due to the national health crisis and the stay at home orders, we have been working on getting as many of our associates set up to work from home as possible. As you can imagine this is quite a task. I do hope that you and your family are well and staying safe.

My name is Jessica Weaver and I have been asked to assist our Customer Care team with some of their cases. I reviewed your concerns and wanted to advise that all Bluegreen exit options are being facilitated by Pinnacle Vacations at this time. I have forwarded your information to Diann Lee to ensure you are contacted.

Please call or email me if you are still in need of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Jessica Weaver
Director of Quality Assurance Compliance and Training Bluegreen Vacations Corporation
Phone: 317-616-7525 Cisco ext: 57525
ref:_00Dj01rtVP._5003Z12rBfb:ref

I have looked at the website mentioned above and the company is a Timeshare reseller so therefore there is no exit program except to resell the property. Has anyone received another type of reply from Bluegreen?

gomerman64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hello all, I assume you've heard nothing back?

Also, has anybody had the experience of having paid off their mortgage, but then just cancelling payment of their maintenance fees? Sorry to be a layman, but would that result in defaulting, given that you don't owe any money on the mortgage itself?

Everyone,

I went to this link "

https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/talk-to-bluegreen-vacations-were-here-to-help

and got the reply below via email:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to reach out and first apologize for the delay in the response. Due to the national health crisis and the stay at home orders, we have been working on getting as many of our associates set up to work from home as possible. As you can imagine this is quite a task. I do hope that you and your family are well and staying safe.

My name is Jessica Weaver and I have been asked to assist our Customer Care team with some of their cases. I reviewed your concerns and wanted to advise that all Bluegreen exit options are being facilitated by Pinnacle Vacations at this time. I have forwarded your information to Diann Lee to ensure you are contacted.

Please call or email me if you are still in need of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Jessica Weaver
Director of Quality Assurance Compliance and Training Bluegreen Vacations Corporation
Phone: 317-616-7525 Cisco ext: 57525
ref:_00Dj01rtVP._5003Z12rBfb:ref

I have looked at the website mentioned above and the company is a Timeshare reseller so therefore there is no exit program except to resell the property. Has anyone received another type of reply from Bluegreen?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update good news
Jan 25 submitted online request to Bluegreen to deed back 3 weeks

Jan 29 received a call, told in a few weeks would get documents

March 26 received first deed to get notarize In mail
also email Bluegreen will notify me when back at work
so I did not notarize

Early May received call from original person I spoke to

May 6 received email for my second week plus asking me for info on sellers for first week so they could work on a title issue.

Last week I went to notarize both deeds and mailed them today

3rd week- I was told it is being processed and it is being delayed due to the title documents not available online, so our attorney has someone go to the county records building to do a search when open. They also asked me to get the two notarized and mail back, not wait for the third.

Additional info...I own at Blue Ridge that recently Bluegreen took over from Festiva. My weeks are fixed and imo are desirable weeks for Bluegreen to have in available member inventory But the deed backs are to the hoa so wondering if they have an agreement with Bluegreen or is Bluegreen actually the association?

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I just spoke with a BlueGreen Rep, he told me they only take back, non points weeks, fixed weeks from older timeshares. They do not take back points. I just purchased 8,000 BlueGreen Points at Lodge Inn in Charleston for $6.50 on EBay, closing and transfer fees paid by seller and free 2020 usuage. I was doing some research by contacting BlueGreen directly. They mentioned Pinnacle, authorized reseller......fyi....

Tinker69

Reaction score
I'm just getting started on this process with BG for my in-laws. One has been diagnosed with a cancer that's giving him 6-18 months the other has alzheimer's with dementia. The reps we've reached through the page linked in the original post in this thread were helpful to get to someone that would actually speak with us.
They actually asked how we got the number I used.
Heh.
Right now we are waiting on confirmation of the power of attorney so we can officially request paperwork etc. So far they have told us about Pinnnacle (blah blah blah) and said they do not accept deedbacks and that we could sell on our own but to watch out for scams -

Bluegreen does not take deedbacks on ownerships at this time. You would be able to sell or give it to a person of your choosing if you are able to find someone that will take it. Any transfer would be done at your own risk, however, meaning that if you sell it third party, Bluegreen is not responsible for any sort of scam that may occur. We do have an authorized reseller that we recommend as well. They are called Pinnacle Vacations. You can find them online at pinnaclevacations.com or by calling 800.485.5632. You can also just let it go and after it goes through the foreclosure process, it will eventually revert back to Bluegreen. There will be collection attempts however and we will be unable to stop those calls and letters nor will we be able to keep it from possibly reporting to the credit bureaus depending on if a mortgage is attached to the account.

Once I can get on the account as an authorized person I'm going to try and make it clear that they won't be getting anything further from the current owners (owned out-right and currently paid up) and that there is no one else it will go to through the estate. They can do anything they want to the credit because it will have zero impact to the current owners. They'll be wasting their time and money to do anything except accept it back. Might do nothing but we shall see.

If the original poster (Panina) in this thread has a "sanitized" copy of the paperwork they were sent which they could post in this thread I would REALLY appreciate it!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm just getting started on this process with BG for my in-laws. One has been diagnosed with a cancer that's giving him 6-18 months the other has alzheimer's with dementia. The reps we've reached through the page linked in the original post in this thread were helpful to get to someone that would actually speak with us.
They actually asked how we got the number I used.
Heh.
Right now we are waiting on confirmation of the power of attorney so we can officially request paperwork etc. So far they have told us about Pinnnacle (blah blah blah) and said they do not accept deedbacks and that we could sell on our own but to watch out for scams -

Once I can get on the account as an authorized person I'm going to try and make it clear that they won't be getting anything further from the current owners (owned out-right and currently paid up) and that there is no one else it will go to through the estate. They can do anything they want to the credit because it will have zero impact to the current owners. They'll be wasting their time and money to do anything except accept it back. Might do nothing but we shall see.

If the original poster (Panina) in this thread has a "sanitized" copy of the paperwork they were sent which they could post in this thread I would REALLY appreciate it!
I only got a letter to get the enclosed deed notarized and returned in 30 days. Everything else was verbal on the phone.

I still think it depends which resort you own and if they can make money or use what you own as inventory which would be desirable during peak times.

Of my three, still waiting for a deed to notarize for one, one has a problem with Title they are trying to help me rectify and the last is ok but still no official word that it transferred yet.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So as of today Bluegreen officially owns one of my weeks. The second they just sent me the paperwork to get notarized, the third has a title issue that person who sold to me is trying to fix with Bluegreen giving guidance. I am sure they want this week as it is a prime summer week,

froggirl1104

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Orlando sunshine
I received my executed and recorded deedback from Bluegreen yesterday via email. I checked the property title deeds online portal with Orange County also just to be sure it was legit. Bluegreen now owns my week for Orlando Sunshine and we are done! I could not be happier, It took a LONG time I sent my first request for this at the first of February. Mailed my notarized copy of the deed back in March...before I found this site I contacted an exit company and they would have charged me 5000$ for something that was completely FREE! I am so grateful for this site and to be done with my timeshare and the burden of ever growing maintenance fees! Good luck to all, just wanted to update on my situation!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
As stated by @Panina And @froggirl1104 BG only takes back deeds to "weeks" at BG Managed resorts

Pinnacle is the authorized resale company that Bluegreen works with.
Even if you list your ownership for $1 they charge a $2,000 fee to sell it.

If you went to get rid of your ownership list it for free here on TUG snd in the several Facebook groups devoted to this.
Buyers want to know where your points are deeded, trust fund and sales type ( as this affects maint fees) and unit and week number.

Charter benefits do not transfer with private resale.
Bonus time is only at the deeded resort.

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
I would appreciate advice from Panina and FrogGirl on what reason you stated for wanting to give back your weeks. were there any magic words? I have a paid for deeded week. Thanks.

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
So as of today Bluegreen officially owns one of my weeks. The second they just sent me the paperwork to get notarized, the third has a title issue that person who sold to me is trying to fix with Bluegreen giving guidance. I am sure they want this week as it is a prime summer week,
What reason did you give for wanting to give back your deed?

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
I received my executed and recorded deedback from Bluegreen yesterday via email. I checked the property title deeds online portal with Orange County also just to be sure it was legit. Bluegreen now owns my week for Orlando Sunshine and we are done! I could not be happier, It took a LONG time I sent my first request for this at the first of February. Mailed my notarized copy of the deed back in March...before I found this site I contacted an exit company and they would have charged me 5000$ for something that was completely FREE! I am so grateful for this site and to be done with my timeshare and the burden of ever growing maintenance fees! Good luck to all, just wanted to update on my situation!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I told them I can no longer use them as my traveling was becoming more limited due to having to visit my elderly mother much more often and financially it made no sense to keep them, which was true.

Be aware I think it was more that they wanted my prime weeks in their inventory. I owned at a resort that they recently took over from Festiva and they are going to actively sell. As of now they officially took possession of 2 of the 3 weeks I owned. The third is still in progress.

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
I told them I can no longer use them as my traveling was becoming more limited due to having to visit my elderly mother much more often and financially it made no sense to keep them, which was true.

Be aware I think it was more that they wanted my prime weeks in their inventory. I owned at a resort that they recently took over from Festiva and they are going to actively sell. As of now they officially took possession of 2 of the 3 weeks I owned. The third is still in progress.
Thanks for the information.

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
Update on my situation. I filled out the on line form and received a phone call 3 days later from BlueGreen Customer Care. We discussed options and I advised I wanted to give the deed back. I was told that the property I owned allowed a deed in lieu. He explained that this was a procedure where the deed goes to the HOA and all my obligations cease. The time to check the title to make sure it is clear and complete the paperwork can take up to 5 weeks. Will update as this progresses.

It appears that whether they will take a deed back is based on your contract at purchase.

froggirl1104

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Orlando sunshine
Update on my situation. I filled out the on line form and received a phone call 3 days later from BlueGreen Customer Care. We discussed options and I advised I wanted to give the deed back. I was told that the property I owned allowed a deed in lieu. He explained that this was a procedure where the deed goes to the HOA and all my obligations cease. The time to check the title to make sure it is clear and complete the paperwork can take up to 5 weeks. Will update as this progresses.

It appears that whether they will take a deed back is based on your contract at purchase.
This is very similar to info I received from them when I contacted them initially. HOWEVER, it took closer to 4 MONTHS for mine to be completed. I stated that I now lived in the same city where I owned a timeshare and it didn't make sense for my family anymore. I am so so relieved to be done with this and not have the burden of upcoming fees due etc.

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
Update on my situation. Good News today. After about 5 weeks I got an email with Deed today. Signed and sent back. Here is what the email said.

From notes made on your account which indicated a request to deedback your timeshare property, I have enclosed the requested Warranty Deed. This is an opportunity to deed your timeshare interest to the Association and cancel all past due and future debts owed to the Association.

CharR46

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am one of those old dummies that paid "Sell Your Timeshare" to list my properties for sale or rent. The only offers I got from them was to rent one week that I didn't even own. Just a warning. Mine is not a Bluegreen but I w2as looking to rent from them in Michigan so wanted to learn about Bluegreen.

CharR46

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tricom mgmt. will allow a feedback to the association at Club Tahoe for a cost of 450$ per unit which is cheeper than the maintenance fee.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a BlueGreen Rep, he told me they only take back, non points weeks, fixed weeks from older timeshares. They do not take back points.

In a way this makes sense. To me Deeded Weeks are ownership and Points are akin to being a member in a club...

George

Paul R77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasy Island II
This is very similar to info I received from them when I contacted them initially. HOWEVER, it took closer to 4 MONTHS for mine to be completed. I stated that I now lived in the same city where I owned a timeshare and it didn't make sense for my family anymore. I am so so relieved to be done with this and not have the burden of upcoming fees due etc.
Got my signed deed back today with the following email. Took 3 1/2 months. Early Christmas present. thanks for your help.

Enclosed is a copy of the recorded deed for your records which convey ownership from you to Fantasy Island Resort II Condominium Association, Inc. for the above referenced property unit and week. You are now released of further obligation as it pertains to this interval.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen Points

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
good info to have. we have 20,000 BG points unable to use due to health reasons and would like to deed back to BlueGreen
You can try giving them away here. 20K is a nice number of points to have.