• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen resale

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. Has anyone had recent experience at purchasing Bluegreen points resale and at what price point they will not enforce their right of first refusal? IE: how low can you go with an offer?

Secondly, has anyone purchased the bare minimum points package direct from Bluegreen to get the club benefits and then added resale points to that purchase and used both together for a bigger point balance? Has this worked well for you?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
I’ve tried to purchase several since last year exclusively on eBay for as little as 10.50 and as high as almost 1000 with the points ranging from 7000 to 14,000 annual points. BG exercised ROFR on all of them. I’m currently trying a private sale to see if it ends differently.

jstravel2020

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently one of the hybrid owners. I purchased 30K points all resale for less than $1,000 total, note to date 2 have passed ROFR while 4 have failed. Price really doesn't seem to be a factor and it seems to take time.

We then added 3K points to pickup the charter benefits. So far in our first year we have had over 10 trips with the membership and really enjoying it. The benefits picked up was access to bonus time at all locations as well as access to the Coast to Coast RV parks as we still do a fair amount of camping as well.

As for our next steps, if we add more points, it would be through the resale market but still trying to find that sweet spot on the number of points we want to use yearly and the amount of maintenance fees we are willing to pay.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried to purchase several since last year exclusively on eBay for as little as 10.50 and as high as almost 1000 with the points ranging from 7000 to 14,000 annual points. BG exercised ROFR on all of them. I’m currently trying a private sale to see if it ends differently.

Thanks for the reply.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently one of the hybrid owners. I purchased 30K points all resale for less than $1,000 total, note to date 2 have passed ROFR while 4 have failed. Price really doesn't seem to be a factor and it seems to take time.

We then added 3K points to pickup the charter benefits. So far in our first year we have had over 10 trips with the membership and really enjoying it. The benefits picked up was access to bonus time at all locations as well as access to the Coast to Coast RV parks as we still do a fair amount of camping as well.

As for our next steps, if we add more points, it would be through the resale market but still trying to find that sweet spot on the number of points we want to use yearly and the amount of maintenance fees we are willing to pay.

Thanks for the reply. That is our plan as well....we'll see how it goes. Have you bought resale's from Pinnacle which seems to be BlueGreen's preferred reseller?

jstravel2020

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is our plan as well....we'll see how it goes. Have you bought resale's from Pinnacle which seems to be BlueGreen's preferred reseller?

Not yet, would consider it if they had the right package, the price is higher normally than eBay or TUG, but it does bypass ROFR.

One thing to keep in mind with them, I believe they have a minimum price of $2,000 and fees are around $700, so really anything under about 25K points would be hard for me to justify the price just to bypass ROFR.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
Not yet, would consider it if they had the right package, the price is higher normally than eBay or TUG, but it does bypass ROFR.

One thing to keep in mind with them, I believe they have a minimum price of $2,000 and fees are around $700, so really anything under about 25K points would be hard for me to justify the price just to bypass ROFR.

I have heard that all offers will be presented to owners so I guess it wouldn't hurt to go lower than the 2K would it? If they want out of BG that badly, they might accept a lower price unless Pinnacle forbids it?

jstravel2020

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard that all offers will be presented to owners so I guess it wouldn't hurt to go lower than the 2K would it? If they want out of BG that badly, they might accept a lower price unless Pinnacle forbids it?
I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try anyway, I believe the 2k comes from the Pinnacle Commission, so maybe if you could get the seller to pay part of that, you could go lower, but really would be a question with for the Pinnacle rep.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have offered less and people have accepted the offer.
They are just looking to get out of their ownership. They end up paying the balance to Pinnacle. So it never hurts to offer less

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
I just had BG exercise their ROFR on a fourth deed I was trying to buy in 2021. I'm beginning to think regardless of price; it might be my location (Boyne or Christmas Mountain Village) of choice that is the main sticking point!

jstravel2020

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had BG exercise their ROFR on a fourth deed I was trying to buy in 2021. I'm beginning to think regardless of price; it might be my location (Boyne or Christmas Mountain Village) of choice that is the main sticking point!
Thinking it might just be they are exercising ROFR at a higher frequency. In 2020 I had 2 pass and 2 fail. This year tried a few more and they all failed so far.

I was thinking that Christmas Mountain Village was one of the easier ones to get to pass, at least that was what I saw last year. The one I had pass was something like 20K points for $375 including transfer fees.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
Thinking it might just be they are exercising ROFR at a higher frequency. In 2020 I had 2 pass and 2 fail. This year tried a few more and they all failed so far.

I was thinking that Christmas Mountain Village was one of the easier ones to get to pass, at least that was what I saw last year. The one I had pass was something like 20K points for $375 including transfer fees.

That's good to read; I was beginning to think someone in sales hated me. I guess that still might be the case. BG must think they will have a sale bonanza this summer due to pent-up demand and who knows, maybe they are right.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We ended up buying a small package at Big Cedar to get the full benefits (12K every other year) and then added 46K EOY from Pinnacle for $3500 total with 37K points not used for 2021-22 which the MF's are already paid. A bit more than we wanted to pay however we put in several lower offers via Pinnacle that were refused by the sellers. And we didn't want to go through the route of continued making deals and having them ROFR'd so the convenience of Pinnacle is worth something to us.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
We ended up buying a small package at Big Cedar to get the full benefits (12K every other year) and then added 46K EOY from Pinnacle for $3500 total with 37K points not used for 2021-22 which the MF's are already paid. A bit more than we wanted to pay however we put in several lower offers via Pinnacle that were refused by the sellers. And we didn't want to go through the route of continued making deals and having them ROFR'd so the convenience of Pinnacle is worth something to us.

I'm beginning to think Pinnacle will be in our future as well.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I'm beginning to think Pinnacle will be in our future as well.
Bluegreen is pretty much forcing you to buy thru Pinnacle. 8-9 out of 10 people are getting ROFR exercised since early 2021

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
Bluegreen is pretty much forcing you to buy thru Pinnacle. 8-9 out of 10 people are getting ROFR exercised since early 2021

That appears accurate. I can't ever get the pinnacle website to function; what BG location has the cheapest points per dollar and is there one location that has charter benefits cheaper?

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,

Holy SMOKES!!!!! I did not KNOW that Coast-to-Coast RV parks was part of the Charter Membership offerings. I'd actually asked what was in Charter, but the only response was 'bonus time at other resorts other than your home resort'. And a lot of discussion on how to get Charter Points which was awesome, but didn't quite get to the heart of that question.

What other Charter Membership things are bundled into that? Bonus time at non-home resorts. Access to the RV parks. Any other goodies? I really have no idea what's in Charter membership.