• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen rep had a hissy fit when I didn't want to go to a new owner's meeting

molonlabe

Reaction score
I bought 10k BG points thru ebay (sumdayvacations), closing went great, no problems. I booked my first trip, and after checking in, the BG rep said it is 'Highly encouraged' that I attend the new owner's meeting. Since it was a short weekend trip, I didn't feel like it, it seemed to me like they would use the occasion to sell me more stuff.

So I said no, I didn't have time for it, and don't need anything. The young girl rudely said 'Ohhhkay then, have a nice stay'.

My question is - I have no obligation to go to these things, right? Can they mess with my account or points? I thought they don't even know WHERE I bought my points, all they know is that I'm an owner.

Stinkin' rude BG rep!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Many TS systems will tell you when you checkin that you should attend a meeting of some kind "new owners" Owner update" ect you have no duty to go to any of them.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 10k BG points thru ebay (sumdayvacations), closing went great, no problems. I booked my first trip, and after checking in, the BG rep said it is 'Highly encouraged' that I attend the new owner's meeting. Since it was a short weekend trip, I didn't feel like it, it seemed to me like they would use the occasion to sell me more stuff.

So I said no, I didn't have time for it, and don't need anything. The young girl rudely said 'Ohhhkay then, have a nice stay'.

My question is - I have no obligation to go to these things, right? Can they mess with my account or points? I thought they don't even know WHERE I bought my points, all they know is that I'm an owner.

Stinkin' rude BG rep!

Right, it IS a sales pitch and you have NO obligation to go. Remember, though, that these body snatchers are human and may have as much trouble taking rejection as the rest of us. Of course she shouldn't be in a position that commonly deals with rejection, but that will work itself out. It's not like it's a lucrative career position for her.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Stinkin' rude BG rep!

If you booked with your points you are under no obligation to attend this sales presentation and that's all it is.

They can not and will not mess with your account or points.

They do know you are a re-sale buyer and you will have the same restrictions other non qualified owners have.

molonlabe

Reaction score
Right, it IS a sales pitch and you have NO obligation to go. Remember, though, that these body snatchers are human and may have as much trouble taking rejection as the rest of us. Of course she shouldn't be in a position that commonly deals with rejection, but that will work itself out. It's not like it's a lucrative career position for her.

I understand, but I was very polite, not jerky. I simply said that it's a short trip, and I don't want to spend the time in a meeting.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand, but I was very polite, not jerky. I simply said that it's a short trip, and I don't want to spend the time in a meeting.

You may very well have been polite and courteous, but sales weasels are rarely known for those particular attributes; it's just not in their genetic makeup.
You politely exercised your right to not waste any of your valuable vacation time listening to hungry, lying sales weasels. That's your prerogative; good on ya!

Doesn't sound like much of a "hissy fit", just a frustrated low level minion being snarky and rude. She likely got over it very quickly --- maybe you should too? ;)

Last edited:

molonlabe

Reaction score
They do know you are a re-sale buyer and you will have the same restrictions other non qualified owners have.

I see. Non qualified means I didn't buy from BG directly, right? But other than that, I have the same rights as any other owner, correct? Plus, I imagine they don't know HOW MUCH I paid for my points. ($15 on ebay, vs about $14,000 that BG would have charged!!!)

geekette

Reaction score
I see. Non qualified means I didn't buy from BG directly, right? But other than that, I have the same rights as any other owner, correct? Plus, I imagine they don't know HOW MUCH I paid for my points. ($15 on ebay, vs about $14,000 that BG would have charged!!!)

Correct, you are one of us, with the same rights as concerns points usage. No, they wouldn't be privvy to what you paid.

When you say "BG Rep", who are you referring to? Is the person at the registration desk that checked you in or someone sitting at an activities desk, or ... ??? If it was anyone other than the person giving you room key, then hard to say what their role was.

Registration is generally not "a sales weasel" and I would appreciate it if it was front desk that you report rudeness as BG staff aren't like that, this one needs to be reminded we are owners in residence for duration of stay. One of the best things about staying with Bluegreen is the staff. I'd like to keep it that way.

I reported an obnoxious "security" guy once that woke up my entire party banging on the door accusing us of smoking in the unit. Then he quizzed me about why it took so long to answer the door? As if it is any of his business what I sleep in and how long I sleep while on vacation or whether or not I was taking a crap when the door pounding began. He was out of line, WAY out of line (turns out not BG employee, just rent-a-cop). I don't know who his witnesses to this alleged smoking were, but they have no credibility and it sure wasn't cool to wake us up and accuse us and interrogate us like we were criminals and how dare we sleep late on vacation!

Even if we had been smoking in the unit, so what, it's not illegal. There is a fine for it but no arrest. Please help stomp out inappropriate treatment and that includes being bullied.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes, non-qualified means you did not buy direct from BG or Pinnacle with benefits.

As a re-sale only owner you have a few restrictions, the main one being that you can only get bonus time at the resort you own.

Your purchase will not count toward any of the metal levels and you won't get any of those benefits. For example their highest level of membership can wait list at 13 months and they get some "free" weeks and "free" cancelations. Those freebies require the purchase of tens of thousands of dollars worth of BG purchases from them.

They know how much you paid because the purchase had to pass ROFR before Sumday could pass the title to you. If they wanted your unit they could have taken it for what you agreed to pay.

You can claim your deeded time slot if you wish between 13 month and 11months and a couple days. If you do that you will not get the points. It's one or the other.

You can book anything you have the points for and you can save unused points just like anyone else.

geekette

Reaction score
also, please describe "hissy fit" = was it more than how she said "OK"? What, specifically, led you to classify it as "hissy fit" in thread title as I did not get that impression from your post? Sounded to me like one word said in a way that rubbed you wrong?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Sorry - but this is not a "hissy fit." A hissy fit would be something like a tantrum or an angry outburst.

molonlabe

Reaction score
Your purchase will not count toward any of the metal levels and you won't get any of those benefits. For example their highest level of membership can wait list at 13 months and they get some "free" weeks and "free" cancelations. Those freebies require the purchase of tens of thousands of dollars worth of BG purchases from them.

They know how much you paid because the purchase had to pass ROFR before Sumday could pass the title to you. If they wanted your unit they could have taken it for what you agreed to pay.

You can claim your deeded time slot if you wish between 13 month and 11months and a couple days. If you do that you will not get the points. It's one or the other.

You can book anything you have the points for and you can save unused points just like anyone else.

I couldn't care less about their 'freebies' or bonus time anywhere else, I just like the points. Plus I still get bonus time (if I ever need it) and a nice home resort.

I don't understand what you mean about claiming my deeded time slot, and not getting my points - do you mean I either get my 10K points OR the deeded time slot at the home resort? If that's the case, the deeded slot would be a horrible choice for me. Much rather have the freedom/flexibility to use the points when and where I choose.

molonlabe

Reaction score
Sorry - but this is not a "hissy fit." A hissy fit would be something like a tantrum or an angry outburst.

Hmm, I see the TUG ladies are banding together! :)

OK, I guess hissy fit is relative. You had to be there - after insisting several times that I am 'strongly encouraged' to attend, she kind of threw the local activities/attraction info on the counter and turned around, saying that comment. Whatever you call it, I don't like to be intimidated into anything (and I'm not), especially a sales pitch.

Her attitude came complete with 'eye roll' - do these descriptors now qualify it as a hissy fit?

BTW, it was not the check-in clerk, it was a separate desk/area to the side, staffed by 2 ladies.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Her behavior was completely unacceptable, but unfortunately, not very unusual when it comes to sales staff. Sorry you had to go through it, but next time you will be ready for it.

geekette

Reaction score

BG as an entity "knows" but I seriously doubt front desk rep has any knowledge of ownership. It's not necessary to check me in for a reservation. If front desk has more access than reservation info, I would be uncomfortable with that.

geekette

Reaction score
Hmm, I see the TUG ladies are banding together! :)

OK, I guess hissy fit is relative. You had to be there - after insisting several times that I am 'strongly encouraged' to attend, she kind of threw the local activities/attraction info on the counter and turned around, saying that comment. Whatever you call it, I don't like to be intimidated into anything (and I'm not), especially a sales pitch.

Her attitude came complete with 'eye roll' - do these descriptors now qualify it as a hissy fit?

BTW, it was not the check-in clerk, it was a separate desk/area to the side, staffed by 2 ladies.

Not hissy fit. Rude, for sure, not acceptable. Hissy fit would be louder and more dramatic.

Tug ladies banding together? Yeah, like ladies everywhere that are called B's when they simply speak up. From where I sit, the lady attempted to do her job of roping you into a sales spiel. You said no, she did her job of attempting to overcome your objection. She didn't end it well, but when sales women attempt to do their jobs and are accused of hissy fits, well, yeah, I'll have to ask about specifics. I've seen 2 yr olds throw fits, what you describe was not throwing a fit, hissy or otherwise.

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score

Stinkin' rude BG rep!

You consider this to be a hissy fit???? :doh:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my neck of the woods .. that would be a VERY FRIENDLY GREETING.

"Hissy fit" is several bad adjectives, followed by referencing the parentage and linage, a referring to the oldest profession for women ... finished off by that informal hand jester motion of waving with the middle finger erect. Oh, and be prepared to RUN and DUCK .... if you were not walking away during your friendly conversation.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BG as an entity "knows" but I seriously doubt front desk rep has any knowledge of ownership. It's not necessary to check me in for a reservation. If front desk has more access than reservation info, I would be uncomfortable with that.

You are the expert here and I agree, the front desk does not know but I was addressing the big picture of BG knowing but still not using that against an owner.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I couldn't care less about their 'freebies' or bonus time anywhere else, I just like the points. Plus I still get bonus time (if I ever need it) and a nice home resort.

I don't understand what you mean about claiming my deeded time slot, and not getting my points - do you mean I either get my 10K points OR the deeded time slot at the home resort? If that's the case, the deeded slot would be a horrible choice for me. Much rather have the freedom/flexibility to use the points when and where I choose.

I was just pointing out some of the things you do not get as a re-sale buyer. I feel the same way you do about the extras and that is why I only own one contract bought on the re-sale market.

And yes, you get one or the other, deeded time slot or the points to use where you want. In my case my deeded time is week, 26 or 27, I can't remember which right now, in a 1br at the resort in Marathon Fl with a Sat to Sat stay. That is why I bought in in case I want to use that week instead of the points.

Some deeds are for one day only. They are all different.

glmyers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good grief, get over it already.

While you may very well have been eminently polite and courteous, sales weasels are rarely known for those particular attributes; it's not in their genetic makeup.
You politely exercised your right to not waste any of your valuable vacation time on matters of no particular interest or concern to you. Good on ya!

Doesn't sound like much of a "hissy fit", just a weaselly woman being snarky and rude. She probably got over it quickly; maybe you should too. ;)

I doubt she is off posting on some forum about the condescending customer with an attitude. Why add on the "don't need anything" as though she could not possibly have anything of value to offer? From the description I think she responded with restraint and nothing approaching a "hissy fit."

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, most of the hangtag women I have engaged in repeated conversations of the years ... like their job. They engage and ask politely several times over the week ... answer local questions about things to see and do ... mentioning they might learn new things at the owner's updates. But the regulars .. like me .. she simply does not mention but once the sales update ... then she tells me what is new ... at the resort and a bit about her life. She is very likable ... I guess she works on the "guilt" level ...which I might actually if checked in at the resort ... just go for the $100 to keep her numbers up.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do what I did get some Business cards printed up with Tug's logo and the websites to tug.net and tugbbs.forums ..then pass them out at the presetation ...they will usher you out very fast...:banana:

RAL

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Nowadays, when you check in at a TS, you're often told that you have to go to a concierge (a/k/a TS sales) desk to get your parking pass, where they'll try to sign you up for an "update" or "presentation."

When asked to attend, I said, "You could not pay me enuff to attend one of those."
She replied, "But we can pay you. We'll give you a gift card for $125.00."
My response, "Sorry, but like I said, you could not pay me _enuff_."

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not being polite and respectful coming from a timeshare salesman should be expected. IMO they have no ethics and are driven solely by greed; so, take what they say with a grain of salt especially if it is to ridicule you for not going to their stupid presentation.

Some timeshare salesman make more than I do and while I am anything but rich I do make a comfortable living. I also have an alphabet soup of certifications, 3x college degrees, and have worked in my field for nearly two decades.

I am sure many small business owners that are successful had to work their butts off to become successful.

Timeshare salesman doing direct sales to me is a greedy little shortcut at making a comfortable living. They see the dollar signs and throw ethics completely out the door. I totally get that everyone has to make a living, but if I had a choice between a good honest living making less money or lying and cheating people for a living. I am going to stick with honest.

My apology I kinda went off on a tangent.

Oh when I rescinded the timeshare salesman told me.

"I thought you were a man of your word"

Can we say wow!

:hysterical: