• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Priority Time ???

Merdock69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
San Luis Bay Inn
Is there any additional value whatsoever to a single day bluegreen deed with respect to Priority time? If you notify use of your priority time, say a tuesday at Innsrbuck, at the 13 month mark. Does it make it any easier to use other contract points book the rest of the week at the 11 month mark when the normal booking window opens?

I'm new at this, and before i start looking at buying a Bluegreen contract have a lot of questions about them.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Is there any additional value whatsoever to a single day bluegreen deed with respect to Priority time? If you notify use of your priority time, say a tuesday at Innsrbuck, at the 13 month mark. Does it make it any easier to use other contract points book the rest of the week at the 11 month mark when the normal booking window opens?

I'm new at this, and before i start looking at buying a Bluegreen contract have a lot of questions about them.
No, it does not make it easier to get the rest of the week.

Most people who want to use their priority time would look for a deed that covers a particular week at a resort.
Example. I have several deeds at La Cabana for weeks 51,52,1-3. I call up at 13 months and reserve those weeks and unit numbers. That does not give me a “better chance” of getting the week before or after.

Reservation process is as follows
15 months out - platinum members can request a reservation and are placed on a wait list
14 months gold, 13 months silver, 12 months bronze can request a resie and are placed on a wait list.

13 months to 11 months,7 days - owners can request their priority use and get it. This trumps all and those points never get into the reservation pool.

11 months, 2-5 days Bluegreen starts working the wait list and confirms requested Resies based on the above order AND when the request was made ( a platinum requesting at 12 months would not Best out a gold request at 14)

At midnight at the 11 month mark, all available inventory is released to all members

So having a Tuesday at Innsbruck does not help you get any time surrounding that one day.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I would say it might make it easier to get the rest of the week once the 11 month window opens.

My reasoning is that if you lock in that Tuesday no one can get that unit for a full week so when the 11 month mark hits you should be able to book one reservation with the days before and another with the days after that Tuesday.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would say it might make it easier to get the rest of the week once the 11 month window opens.

My reasoning is that if you lock in that Tuesday no one can get that unit for a full week so when the 11 month mark hits you should be able to book one reservation with the days before and another with the days after that Tuesday.
True, but there is no guarantee that you can stay in the same unit with three separate Resies. Possible but no guarantee.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
True, but there is no guarantee that you can stay in the same unit with three separate Resies. Possible but no guarantee.
I'm thinking that particular room would be available the whole week since that one day is taken. I know it's not guaranteed but putting the circumstances in the special request form on the reservation and calling the resort it should work.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that particular room would be available the whole week since that one day is taken. I know it's not guaranteed but putting the circumstances in the special request form on the reservation and calling the resort it should work.
I would never recomend owning a one day points deed. It will be very hard to sell giveaway if you ever need to and most likely not get you the priority week.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t agree.
I have had friends that changed rooms three times in 7 days at La Cabana because of three separate Resies.

You might be entitled to that one day say Tuesday or Wednesday but a plat gold silver bronze member could wait list for the Friday-Monday nights and you would be out of luck.

It is just not a good strategy.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t agree.
I have had friends that changed rooms three times in 7 days at La Cabana because of three separate Resies.

You might be entitled to that one day say Tuesday or Wednesday but a plat gold silver bronze member could wait list for the Friday-Monday nights and you would be out of luck.

It is just not a good strategy.
I would think that at a very high points resort like Innsbruk Inn your chances of grabbing the rest of the week at the 11 month mark are much greater than at a low pts resort such as La Cabana.

I don't know the booking history there but I would think most who go there would like a weekend check in and out.

I"m not saying it's a good strategy but if you get stuck with one day at a high pts resort it might be possible to get the rest of that week.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I posed this question in a FaceBook group I'm active in. I'm interested to see what others there think.

A question for you if you are familiar with the booking history at Innsbruk Inn in Colorado.

This came up in the Bg forum over on TUG.

If you are deeded one mid week day let's say a Tuesday, do you think you would be able to grab the rest of that week at the 11 month mark, assuming you claimed your priority time at the 13 month mark.

My thinking is that since it's such a high pt resort in the middle of nowhere as far as Bg resorts go, and would start midweek on a Wed, you should be able to get that 6 day reservation and most likely that same unit since you broke up the full week.

What you you think?

Fredcapone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Read

Read your contract carefully priority time only works on the time and place where your deeded too and you have to book between 12 and 13 months I have never heard of one day booking .This info is in the small printed book they give you caterer you buy either ask for the fine print and read it or get it in writ