• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen points and staying at the home resort, home week

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
If you purchase a points contract (let's say 10,000 points) that has a specific unit and week tied to the contract, is it possible to get that unit and week every year? Or is it a free-for-all to reserve a room during the 11 month window at your home resort to get your own unit that is tied to the points contract?

I'm trying to get a specific unit on a specific week, and it might not be possible.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I should also say that I'm not a Bluegreen owner, and I'm trying to understand the points system.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have priority for that week. You can book it at 13 months. Technically they are supposed to hold it for you until the 11 month window when it opens for others but higher tiers can waitlist and if you wait until 11 months 2 days out, there have been cases when owners were not able to reserve and not given a good reason why not.

Not every contract is for a full week so if you own fewer points than would be required for that week it could be a contract for 3 or 4 days and not a full week.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
tschwa2, ok, so priority for that week, good. What about the unit? It's a particular unit and week that I want, and I found it in the points listings by accident. I'm halfway there with the 13 month booking (I can totally do that). I just want to also claim that unit if possible.

(We would actually go to that resort and that unit every year. There are very few fixed weeks left out there.)

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the answer to this question? About getting the same unit on the deed?

And if the resort is listed with Ii, can you deposit the week that is on your deed with Ii that you reserved at 13 months out, or do you deposit points?

ALG85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the answer to this question? About getting the same unit on the deed?

And if the resort is listed with Ii, can you deposit the week that is on your deed with Ii that you reserved at 13 months out, or do you deposit points?

I thought BG traded through RCI and not II?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I thought BG traded through RCI and not II?
Some bluegreen resorts trade in both but the dues pay for the rci membership. So if you are eligible to exchange through II with bluegreen you have to maintain your own II account.
I don't think you can automatically assume II exchange is possible just because the resort is listed. It may also have to do with the date the original contract w as sold.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have a II account, but thank u for letting me know that it might not be depositable.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
tschwa2, ok, so priority for that week, good. What about the unit? It's a particular unit and week that I want, and I found it in the points listings by accident. I'm halfway there with the 13 month booking (I can totally do that). I just want to also claim that unit if possible.

(We would actually go to that resort and that unit every year. There are very few fixed weeks left out there.)
You will always get that week and unit...as one time explained to me, that is the only way a reservation can be made before 11 month window.
I find the best time to do a chat and reserve my PUP ( priority use period) is between 12 months and 11 months two weeks out. At 12 months because the current years use has fallen off your upcoming reservations (10 resies in one region rule) and before 11 months two weeks because someone can make a 14 day reservation and get the first day of your use period ( ask me how I know this!)

A call to the resort 1 week out to confirm the use of your PUP couldn’t hurt. There can always be the situation where your particular unit is out of service as can happen anywhere. But I have never not gotten my PUP units and I use 6-8 per year.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The only week that can be deposited with RCI is the “free white blue week” that gold and platinum owners get each year. All over RCI exchanges are made thru the BG/RCI portal found on the Bluegreen website. You don’t actually deposit anything, the points are taken from your account at the time you make the exchange. Saved points can be used 6 months out, regular points 2 years out.

I frequently make BG II deposits. Any BG owner can deposit any BG II resort into II. It is not related to where you are deeded. As stated, you need a personal II a account to do this.

All deposits of free white weeks to RCI and any week deposited to II have to be “ triangulated”. This means there has to be availability of an actual deeded week to be reserved and then put in your account. An example would be at Suites at Hershey, you can’t deposit a Sunday to Sunday week as deeded ownership is always a Friday start.

This is the tip of the iceberg as there are lots of rules but it should answer your question. As to whether your PUP a unit is the one to be deposited into II the answer is it does not matter. And II does have restrictions out what unit size and type they will accept for deposit. If interested in an II deposit you have to work with someone on chat or call owner services.

Edit - as to whether you can deposit your PUP at 13 months to II I don’t know. I have always done it at 11 months or less when a regular non- PUP triangulated reservation

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think you can automatically assume II exchange is possible just because the resort is listed. It may also have to do with the date the original contract w as sold.
That is correct. La Cabana is listed in II but only fixed week owners can deposit, not BG point owners. I also recently heard that II wasn’t accepting certain unit types from Christmas Mountain. And the last time I tried to do a Harbor Lights deposit they told me II was only taking 2 BR not 1 BR or hotel units from BG.
So always subject to change.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I already have a II account, but thank u for letting me know that it might not be depositable.
If you want to deposit any BG units into II you have to add BLG to your account either by paying $39? Or extending your ownership by a year
F0E9304B-E3F3-4397-8D65-403584954194.jpeg

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edit - as to whether you can deposit your PUP at 13 months to II I don’t know. I have always done it at 11 months or less when a regular non- PUP triangulated reservation

This is confusing, probably because I am a Marriott weeks owner. I reserve my week (in the case of BG it would be my pup week) and I want to deposit THAT week in Ii or rci. I dont care if I actually deposit the week or points to buy that particular week. If I think that week has good trading power, I want that week deposited versus what they might randomly give me. Does that make sense?

And if I reserve my week and 6 months before my actual checkin, can't I deposit it then?