• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen points and fee information

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bluegreen Vacation Club is a points system based on trust funds. Points are generated from five trust funds, which are designated "A" through "E". Over ninety-five percent of all points are in Trust Fund E.

Maintenance fees for Trust Fund E are composed of two parts: a fixed base fee and a variable per point fee. In addition, each Vacation Club member is required to pay annual Club Dues. Fees for the 2018-2019 use year are:
Base fee: $360
Per point fee: $0.0613
Club dues: $139

Biennial points are charged the same fees, annually, but the per point charge is assessed on only half the allocation.

The table below shows the annual rates since 2006-2007 along with an example of annual fees for 16,000 points. This value is the amount of points needed for a 2BR unit in high red season (prime time) at The Fountains Resort in Orlando.

Bluegreen_fee_history.png

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The attached table shows the (purchasing power) value of Bluegreen points compared to points in other systems. For example, 25,000 Bluegreen points and 300,000 Wyndham Club Access points give their owners access to similar accommodations, in terms of room size, season, and the like.

Point values Untitled.png

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bluegreen Vacation Club
The following rules apply to all Vacation Club points, those purchased from the developer or from the resale market.

Bluegreen (BG) is a points based timeshare network. Annual Points have a use period of 12 months beginning on their anniversary date. The anniversary date is set as the first day of the month following the original purchase. An owner-member might, for example, have 20,000 annual points with an “earn date” of 1 September and an “expiration date” of 31 August the following year.

Reservations
A points reservation can be made for any season up to 11 months in advance of the desired check-in date. A minimum 2-night stay is required. Some resorts are designated “Club Affiliate” and may require a full-week stay. Although the date of making the reservation can be before the start of the use year, the reservation check-in date must be before the points’ expire.

Cancellations
A reservation can be cancelled, with no penalty, within 1 business day of making it. It can be cancelled more than 10 days prior to check-in, with a full refund of the points, but there is a cancellation fee. A reservation cancelled within 10 days of check-in forfeits the points.

Modifications
Adding or removing days from a reservation requires cancelling and re-booking. A cancellation fee is assessed. There is a risk of losing the reservation.

Saving Points
Annual Points can be saved for an additional year. There is fee to save the points (currently, 2019, it is $60 to save points by phone or $50 to save them online). Saved Points can be used for reservations in red, white, or blue seasons only. (Many weeks are designated high red or ultra red.) Saved Points are also eligible for an exchange reservation with RCI up to 180 days in advance of the check-in date.

Borrowing Points
Borrowing allows points to be moved from their future use year for a reservation in the current year. By borrowing and combining points from two years, members can make reservations needing additional points. Maintenance Fees for the borrowed points must be pre-paid. Borrowed Points can be used for a reservation in any season.

Future Points
Future points are the points that will be awarded in the next use year. With these points reservations can be made in the future use year. In other words, the reservation checks-in day is on or after the date on which the points would be earned.

Biennial Ownership (Every-Other-Year Points)
Biennial Points are earned every other year, or biennially. These points are added as two allotments on the earn date. Half the points can be used for the full two-year period, with no seasonal restrictions. These 2-year points are labeled Biennial Points. The other half of the points can be used, unrestricted, for a one-year period. These 1-year points are labeled Annual Points. Thus, in the first 12 months after the points’ earn date, all of them can be used for an unrestricted reservation. In the second 12 months after the points’ earn date, only half the points are unrestricted. Although the 1-year, Annual Points, can be saved into the second 12 month period, their use is restricted to only Red, White, or Blue seasons.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The attached file contains the Bluegreen Vacation Club Point Guide.

Resort Types
Bluegreen (BG) groups resorts into two classifications: Club Resorts and Club Associate Resorts. The vacation club owns weekly intervals at both types of resorts. Club Resorts are typically managed by Bluegreen Corporation while Club Associate Resorts are not BG managed. Most Club Associate Resorts have limited availability.

Daily point values
Resort units are valued for a 7-day week and for each day of the week. Although the individual daily values sum to the week value, each day of the week is not the same number of points. Friday and Saturday nights (Week-end values) are always a higher number of points than other days. Sometimes 25% or more of the weekly valuation. Sunday through Thursday values (Mid-week values) are less. Many owners stretch their points by making only mid-week reservations.

Seasons
Weeks at BG resorts are generally arranged into five seasons. The range, from low demand to high demand, is: Blue, White, Red, High Red, Ultra Red. A few resorts also include a "Special" or "Leaf" season. Not all resorts utilize all five seasons. The point values for a unit are higher the higher the season. Most resorts have only three or four seasons, like, [Blue, White, and Red] or [Red, High Red and Ultra Red] or [White, Red, High Red, and Ultra Red]. As noted in a previous message, saved points can be used only in Blue, White or Red seasons.

Attachments

• BluegreenPointsGuide2018.pdf
    386.3 KB · Views: 1,637

scc225

Reaction score
Biennial points are charged the same fees, annually, but the per point charge is assessed on only half the allocation.
So does this mean in a biennial contract the fee would be $989.46, rather than $1479.86 per year?

Last edited:

fredmotola

Reaction score
So does this mean in a biennial contract the fee would be $989.46, rather than $1479.86 per year?
Based on the above points (16000 biennial) and rates, yes, $989.46 is correct and is the same amount an 8000 annual point owner would pay.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
59CE6228-F445-4AA1-9A02-1F6BE6DAE730.jpeg

ntoflp

Reaction score
I have 20k annual points in trust fund E, I pay 1 base fee of 373 (2021 rate) plus the per point rate.
a family member wants to gift me 7k biennial points. Her points are also in trust fund E. All points are owned outright with no mortgage and all annual dues are current.

If I accept her offer, would I need to pay a 2nd base fee since my current points are annual and hers are biennial?
All answers are much appreciated. TY.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 20k annual points in trust fund E, I pay 1 base fee of 373 (2021 rate) plus the per point rate.
a family member wants to gift me 7k biennial points. Her points are also in trust fund E. All points are owned outright with no mortgage and all annual dues are current.

If I accept her offer, would I need to pay a 2nd base fee since my current points are annual and hers are biennial?
All answers are much appreciated. TY.
You will pay one base fee for all the points. The only additional costs would be yearly per pointe fee.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fees effective November 2021 for 2021/2022

Trust Fund E

$373 (base) + $154 (vacation club) + 0.0708 x # points(maint & real estate).

10,000 points 708 + 527 $1235 per point $0.1235

20,000 points 1416 + 527 $1943 per point $0.0971

30,000 points 2124 + 527 $2651 per point $0.0883

60,000 points 4208 + 527 $4775 per point $0.0795

100,000 points 7080 + 527 $7607 per point $0.0760

NavyDOc

Reaction score
What would the monthly price be of 10000 trust E at BG resorts? Also How many years is it mortgaged for? I am looking to buying a timeshare with them but am curious to the cost prior to my summer showing?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What would the monthly price be of 10000 trust E at BG resorts? Also How many years is it mortgaged for? I am looking to buying a timeshare with them but am curious to the cost prior to my summer showing?
See above for yearly costs.

Never ever finance a timeshare.

NavyDOc

Reaction score
See above for yearly costs.

Never ever finance a timeshare.
I am new to this. I have family members who financed theirs, and I am looking at more points but they are unable to provide a good representation of what a monthly cost would be.
This is why I asked for a monthly price. I understand the $373 (base) + $154 (vacation club) fees are annual (no concern there) but I am looking at financing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
The answer to your question is it depends. Your monthly fees would be dependent on how many points you purchase and how much you finance and your interest rate you agreed to. On top of the base and club fees, you also pay annually for your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2boysandus

Reaction score
I am new to this. I have family members who financed theirs, and I am looking at more points but they are unable to provide a good representation of what a monthly cost would be.
This is why I asked for a monthly price. I understand the $373 (base) + $154 (vacation club) fees are annual (no concern there) but I am looking at financing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just came back from a time share BG seminar in Orlando. They want 16.99% to finance! Be careful.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just came back from a time share BG seminar in Orlando. They want 16.99% to finance! Be careful.

Yes, they all have usurious interest rates to finance your shiny new vacation plan.

CDSTOMP

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently looked into purchasing a Bluegreen timeshare. I have done a lot of research and found most of the information I am looking for. There is one question I have not been able to answer. A lot of resales indicate a biennial allotment of points. I understand what that means but don't know how that impacts priority reservations. Can I book my desired dates 13 months in advance for the unit/week on my deed for both years, only one year, or no years? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. Thank you!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello, I have recently looked into purchasing a Bluegreen timeshare. I have done a lot of research and found most of the information I am looking for. There is one question I have not been able to answer. A lot of resales indicate a biennial allotment of points. I understand what that means but don't know how that impacts priority reservations. Can I book my desired dates 13 months in advance for the unit/week on my deed for both years, only one year, or no years? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. Thank you!
You can only book your PUP for the year you own. So if you own every other year odd you can book it 12-13 months out For the odd year only.

Dakine

Reaction score
I have BG and have tried to book 12 months in advance and can't get anything I would like. This has gone on for 4 years, so Im getting out of their TS. Avoid this company, I think they have way too many customers and not enough rooms unless you want to go to Branson Mo.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BVC Maintenance Fees
11/1/2022 - 10/31/2023
- Club Dues - $158.50 (All BVC members pay this)

Maintenance Fees by Trust Fund:
- Trust Fund A - Pass through for HOA (uses sales type C)
- Trust Fund B - $170 Base Fee + $0.116 per annual point {$0.058 per biennial point} (uses Sales Type N)
- Trust Fund C - HOA controlled- Underlying fee raise an average of 4.2% this year.
- Trust Fund D - No Base Fee, only $0.123 per annual point (uses Sales Types P & O)

*****- Trust Fund E - $373 Base Fee + $0.085 per annual point {$0.0425 per biennial point} (uses Sales Types A, U, Y & Z - U & Z are treated Like A, Y is being converted to A with ownership change)

- Sales type - determines when you pay fees.
- Type A, U, Z due 15 days after the anniversary date
- Type B, C, G due on January 1st
- Type N, P, Q, Y, due on November 15th
Fees are billed on the first of the month preceeding the month they are due

Trust Fund determines how fees are tallied.
Sales Type determines when fees are due.

220,000 BVC members as of 2022
*** most ownerships are trust fund E

copied from Jerod Hawkins on Facebook Group

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreenpoints; Hotel Blake (Chicago), Ellis Square (Savannah), Christmas Mtn (Wisconsin Dells), Outrigger Beach Club (FL)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreenpoints; Hotel Blake (Chicago), Ellis Square (Savannah), Christmas Mtn (Wisconsin Dells), Outrigger Beach Club (FL)
Bluegreen has announced that the Club Dues will increase to US$159 in 2023.
Bluegreen has announced that Maintenance fees are expected to increase by about 12% in 2023.

All this in the President's Letter out of the Annual Meeting 21 September, 2022.
Here's the relevant paragraph:
"Financial Business
The Annual Operating Budget (Club Dues) and the Annual Trust Fund Budget (Common Assessment) were presented at the meeting.
There will be a $5 increase to Club Dues to $159 per member.
Common Assessment (Maintenance Fees) will reflect an average increase of approximately 12% due to increases at the underlying component site HOAs, which includes the fees necessary to support the operation of the resorts, housekeeping, ongoing maintenance, reserves and property taxes. "

Also posted as a new post in Bluegreen forum; then I figured this thread would also be appropriate.

Reaction score
Biennial points are subject to the same fees each year, but only half of the allocation is subject to the per-point fee.
Does this imply that, rather than $1479.86 per year, the fee for a biennial contract would be $989.46?