• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen/Manhattan Club Timeshare Help?

sbattisti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
Hi folks,

I'm brand new here. I don't own a timeshare, but my parents do. It's through Manhattan Club in NYC, which has since been purchased by Bluegreen, as I understand it.

They want to get out of this timeshare, but are at a loss for how to do so. Manhattan Club, of course, does not want to buy it back from them. They're afraid (probably rightfully so) of businesses that promise to get you out of timeshares. At this point, they just want to get rid of this timeshare as inexpensively as possible.

I know nothing about this other than what I have Googled recently. This seems like a great forum for such things, and I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've been trying to read various posts and articles, but honestly, it's a little overwhelming, so if anyone can help point me in a good direction, I would really appreciate it!

As I understand it, they have one week a year, and don't have a mortgage, just the (ridiculous) annual maintenance fees.

Your feedback is welcomed!!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They could site cv-19 related issues an request a deed back to Bluegreen. Worth a try.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm brand new here. I don't own a timeshare, but my parents do. It's through Manhattan Club in NYC, which has since been purchased by Bluegreen, as I understand it.

They want to get out of this timeshare, but are at a loss for how to do so. Manhattan Club, of course, does not want to buy it back from them. They're afraid (probably rightfully so) of businesses that promise to get you out of timeshares. At this point, they just want to get rid of this timeshare as inexpensively as possible.

I know nothing about this other than what I have Googled recently. This seems like a great forum for such things, and I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've been trying to read various posts and articles, but honestly, it's a little overwhelming, so if anyone can help point me in a good direction, I would really appreciate it!

As I understand it, they have one week a year, and don't have a mortgage, just the (ridiculous) annual maintenance fees.

Your feedback is welcomed!!

You can post your parents Manhattan Club week on TUG under "Free Timeshare Giveaway and Bargain Deals" and maybe someone here on TUG would be interested in obtaining this week from you (your parents). Sweeten the deal by either offering free closing or a free year of use as an incentive to unload it.

Think about joining TUG as a member. It may be the best $15 that you ever spend.....

Best of luck!

sbattisti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
Sweeten the deal by either offering free closing or a free year of use as an incentive to unload it.

Thanks very much. Dare I ask, how much does closing typically cost for this sort of thing?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Dare I ask, how much does closing typically cost for this sort of thing?

If you use LT Transfers (recommended here on TUG) then I believe it would run about $275

Here is their website: www.LTTransfers.com

They will handle everything for you once you have someone committed to taking it from you.

I believe the annual maintenance fees for this resort run about $3,200 per year. If you hold this for ten more years then it will cost you at least $32,000 and you can bet it will likely be much higher than that with inflation and costs of doing business. This is why you should offer a free year of use (look at how much you'll be saving to unload it).

Keep us posted as to how you make out with your ability to transfer the title to someone else.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I don’t think LT handles New York. They wouldn’t do my HGVC W 57th Street. New York is complicated.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I recently heard that that a group of owners have filed a suit against Bluegreen for the Manhattan Club. Cited was the RICO statutes along with the excessive maintenance fees and other issues.

sbattisti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
So, I have confirmed that LT doesn’t handle NY. Is there a recommended transfer agent for NYC?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the annual maintenance fees for this resort run about $3,200 per year. If you hold this for ten more years then it will cost you at least $32,000 and you can bet it will likely be much higher than that with inflation and costs of doing business...

Assuming these numbers are correct and assuming the best one can do is find one to take the Week for free, the best solution may be to just stop paying MFs and let the chips fall...

George

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
So, I have confirmed that LT doesn’t handle NY. Is there a recommended transfer agent for NYC?

Trying to put our NYC timeshare into a trust we were told we need a New York lawyer.