• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Live Chat Customer Service - not recommended.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just got "hung up on" by the Bluegreen live chat when I tried to get some clarification on the new Premier waitlist policy -not good. I knew that it was becoming more automated which seemed to be a good thing. But I was just advised by someone on Tug that it no longer clears ahead of the booking window - so sounds like really no benefit other than not having to be on the computer at the 11 month window. I went online to BG to find the latest information and found it a bit ambiguous. The site says that there have been many questions about the waitlist system and it is becoming automated - will clear on 11 month window (not before)...........But doesn't say when on the 11 month window - before or concurrently with everyone else - big difference. So I followed up with Bluegreen on this since as a Premier owner I would have thought they would have advised. I asked the live chat agent for explanation on the changes. He/she just pasted the same thing into the chat window that I had just read. I told the agent I had already read that but felt it was a bit unclear so just wanted clarification. Guess what - the agent pasted the same thing a second time. Then said I was welcome to call in (but wait is often long). At this point it really felt like they were purposely withholding information. So I asked the agent (as politely as I could) if they just weren't sure how it worked or whether they didn't want to explain it to the premier members, because I really didn't want to waste my time calling in to get the same answer. With that the agent says "I am ending this chat." Click. I guess that is our answer - they must be purposely not providing clarification.
And a portion of our maintenance fees pay for this type of customer service - to be an owner (premier) hung up on by live chat Jesse for asking for a simple clarification of a change?

robi79

Reaction score
That is so unacceptable! Truly not how you treat the owners that have invested 10’s to 100’s of thousands of dollars into your company! Unfortunately, that is how the BG executives have been handling the communication on this change also. They act like nothing has changed, and tell owners that Premier Waitlist is still a benefit, but as you and I both can see, it truly is not a benefit any longer if there is no priority and any level owner can book the reservation at the same time. It boils down to whoever can complete the request the fastest will get the reservation!

The frustrations with this processing change has been so great, that myself and a few others created a new Facebook group for Bluegreen Premier Owners. The initial intent of the group was to band together to take the appropriate actions to influence Bluegreen to better value their premier owners. We also have a Premier Waitlist tracker where owners can log the experience they have had with the Waitlist automation. Many have said their requests were not completed as they requested (in the special comments), some have said they would not have gotten what they wanted if not online to make the reservation themselves, and some have gotten what they wanted within a few minutes after the reservation window opened. If you are a Facebook member, you can look for this group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
They ended the chat because there was nothing more to say.

Dishonest Bluegreen changed the waitlist procedure without telling anyone on 8/3/2020.
Wait list is no longer processed manually two or three days before the 11 month window.
Reservations are open to ALL owners regardless of ownership level at midnight eastern time. Go online at midnight and book whatever is available.

The waitlist is now automated so no sense writing anything in the comment box. If a resort has 2,3,4 2 BR layouts there is no way to specify what type you want - or rather you can write it in the comments but due to automation No one is reading it. So there is no way to know what unit type you will end up with if at all.

People have been reporting that they are getting Waitlist confirmation emails timestamped 12:04 am, 12:12 am Etc. - so There is definitely A variety of times. My new plan to get reservations is to waitlist as a back up but be online at midnight for those hard to get resies.

Waitlisting is still listed as a Premium benefit, but it is no longer an actual benefit.

Can’t wait to see what is the next benefit to be taken away.

“How are Wait List requests processed?
Wait List requests are processed once the 11-month standard reservation window opens in the order they are received based on owner’s reservation requests meeting all eligibility requirements. If an owner does not have enough Points or their reservation request does not meet the property requirements (such as a minimum one week stay) their spot on the Wait List is forfeited and the next person’s reservation request is reviewed”

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After I posted my rant above I realized I hadn’t really addressed your first comment.

I always use chat for any issues or questions and find the agents are the most knowledgeable in the BG system. I can also screen shot what was said.

From reading your post, it seems that the problem was you couldn’t believe what you were reading regarding wait list because they essentially say they still have It but the reality is it no longer functions as a benefit.

So yes, your not crazy or misunderstanding anything - they screwed us and expect us to still be smiling.

It is amazing how they have spun it in the website!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own the udi and called in to pay the cleaning fee $138 and put my guests name on the reservation they were charged the cleaning fee when they arrived. So many screw ups in their system

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
After I posted my rant above I realized I hadn’t really addressed your first comment.

I always use chat for any issues or questions and find the agents are the most knowledgeable in the BG system. I can also screen shot what was said.

From reading your post, it seems that the problem was you couldn’t believe what you were reading regarding wait list because they essentially say they still have It but the reality is it no longer functions as a benefit.

So yes, your not crazy or misunderstanding anything - they screwed us and expect us to still be smiling.

It is amazing how they have spun it in the website!

Actually, what I was trying to get a specific answer on was whether the waitlist cleared at the same time as reservations open online for everyone - or whether it still occurred shortly before they opened for all. Live chat basically said they wouldn’t answer the question and ended chat. So no chance for me to even save our chat - click. My feeling is if you are making a change then be honest and tell owners, don’t hide it - it makes me more frustrated that they purposely weren’t answering the question. But thanks to you guys I now know the answer for sure. I don’t like it.
My husband called in later about something else and he asked that agent for clarification on waitlist as well. She also refused to answer the question. Said BG had sent out documentation on it already. He asked if they could resend and she declined. We didn’t get anything in writing through mail or e-mail - my guess is there was no formal notification sent. At the annual meeting they just mentioned it was getting automated which I initially thought was good. But I agree you can’t specify layout type properly - which can be huge.
I just wonder why they are removing benefits when they push so hard for more points and upgrades to premier. Leaves me scratching my head (and super annoyed). Grand Yacht Club also gone from Travelers Plus. Choice Points reduced to 2:1 instead of 4:1. And I noticed my Choice elite status is gone? Used to get Diamond. They blame this on Choice.
Anyhow, thanks for the info. I know I am preaching to the choir.

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is so unacceptable! Truly not how you treat the owners that have invested 10’s to 100’s of thousands of dollars into your company! Unfortunately, that is how the BG executives have been handling the communication on this change also. They act like nothing has changed, and tell owners that Premier Waitlist is still a benefit, but as you and I both can see, it truly is not a benefit any longer if there is no priority and any level owner can book the reservation at the same time. It boils down to whoever can complete the request the fastest will get the reservation!

The frustrations with this processing change has been so great, that myself and a few others created a new Facebook group for Bluegreen Premier Owners. The initial intent of the group was to band together to take the appropriate actions to influence Bluegreen to better value their premier owners. We also have a Premier Waitlist tracker where owners can log the experience they have had with the Waitlist automation. Many have said their requests were not completed as they requested (in the special comments), some have said they would not have gotten what they wanted if not online to make the reservation themselves, and some have gotten what they wanted within a few minutes after the reservation window opened. If you are a Facebook member, you can look for this group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will look up the Facebook group - thanks. Glad to hear there is a group.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, what I was trying to get a specific answer on was whether the waitlist cleared at the same time as reservations open online for everyone - or whether it still occurred shortly before they opened for all. Live chat basically said they wouldn’t answer the question and ended chat. So no chance for me to even save our chat - click. My feeling is if you are making a change then be honest and tell owners, don’t hide it - it makes me more frustrated that they purposely weren’t answering the question. But thanks to you guys I now know the answer for sure. I don’t like it.
My husband called in later about something else and he asked that agent for clarification on waitlist as well. She also refused to answer the question. Said BG had sent out documentation on it already. He asked if they could resend and she declined. We didn’t get anything in writing through mail or e-mail - my guess is there was no formal notification sent. At the annual meeting they just mentioned it was getting automated which I initially thought was good. But I agree you can’t specify layout type properly - which can be huge.
I just wonder why they are removing benefits when they push so hard for more points and upgrades to premier. Leaves me scratching my head (and super annoyed). Grand Yacht Club also gone from Travelers Plus. Choice Points reduced to 2:1 instead of 4:1. And I noticed my Choice elite status is gone? Used to get Diamond. They blame this on Choice.
Anyhow, thanks for the info. I know I am preaching to the choir.

They aren't answering questions and instead referring g people to the written info on tbe website as I quoted above.
And below

"“How are Wait List requests processed?
Wait List requests are processed once the 11-month standard reservation window opens in the order they are received based on owner’s reservation requests meeting all eligibility requirements"

Wait list is processed once the 11 month standard resie opens up.

That's it. No priority whatsoever.

And they are lying when they said they notified owners; they did not.

robi79

Reaction score
Regarding the Choice status being wrong. I communicated ours was wrong with the chat service and our status was corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk