• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Charter Benefits - is it worth it?

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to BG timeshare presentation and they showed the Charter benefits and the Coast to Coast travel plus look enticing. But I heard there's a lot of restrictions. It it worth it to pay extra for the benefits and what are the restrictions that they don't tell you at the presentation?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only Charter benefit that was worthwhile to me was the ability to book bonus time (cash stays booked within 45 days of check-in) at any BG resort. A non-Charter owner can only get bonus time at their home resort. If that (or any other Charter benefit) is important to you, don't buy directly from BG just to get Charter benefits. Buy the smallest possible resale package you can through Pinnacle that will get you Charter benefits. Then if you need more points, buy non-Charter resale, through Pinnacle, Redweek, TUG, wherever. You'll still have the Charter benefits but minimize your costs.

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. How often can you get something using bonus time from different resorts?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really depends. High season for the in-demand resorts (ie. Aspen in winter or summer) is hard, but I got good usage of bonus time at Big Bear during spring break for some snowboarding. Some resorts seem to always have bonus time available, like Eilan in San Antonio.

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really depends. High season for the in-demand resorts (ie. Aspen in winter or summer) is hard, but I got good usage of bonus time at Big Bear during spring break for some snowboarding. Some resorts seem to always have bonus time available, like Eilan in San Antonio.
Thank you. That was helpful information.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a small points package with Charter from BG and did bonus time reservations for 90% of our stays - with the bonus time we didn’t need many points. But we lived close to many BG resorts. Someone posted on another site that Pinnacle now charges more than BG for the charter points because BG gives promo pricing?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It is very hard to get bonus time in popular vacation areas during prime seasons. Many of the popular areas with a Bg resort don't have many units in the vacation club so all availability is limited. When I owned resale pts in Marathon I use Bonus Time twice there. I now own in Ormond Beach and have never used it. As mentioned earlier, if you don't live close to or often travel to cities with a Bg resort it won't be of much use.

The Coast to Coast to a nice perk for campers but recently there was a snafu between them and Bg and access was not there. C to C and any other benefit they tout can be reduced or eliminated at any time.

Study the system thoroughly before you buy.