• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Availability

andymul

Reaction score
Hi All!

Wife and I just traveled to La Cabana in Aruba - a friend is a Bluegreen owner and let us use a week! It was awesome!

After the trip, I began looking into Bluegreen and see that there are several desirable resort locations and am looking into purchasing.

My question is: Will I have trouble making reservations with Bluegreen or will I be OK as long as I book as soon as I'm able?

Thanks!
Andy

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Locations like La Cabana, Wilderness Club at Big Cedar, Big Sky & Marathon are very popular.
They need to be booked at 11 months out.
BG owns all the inventory at Big Cedar but it is wildly popular.
At La Cabana, they own 25-30 percent of the inventory.
Big Sky, much less.

Myrtle Beach locations are also very popular May thru October.

It seems there is always availability at The Fountains.

You just need to realize with any timeshare that you have to learn how the system works and use it to your advantage. If reservations open up at 11 months out, be prepared to be online to book at that time. It is the same with Marriott Westin Wyndham. That does not mean you can’t get reservations 6 months out, you can but you might have to settle on check in day or unit type.

It is a great flexible system, just be prepared to do your homework and use it to the best advantage

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Hi Andy-so glad you enjoyed your trip! And this may or may not be relevant, since it certainly wasn’t what you asked, but a little food for thought, before you jump in:
Was this your first timeshare trip? First time to Aruba?
Did you fall in love with the resort or the concept of time sharing and/or the island itself? Aruba has that effect on people (including us), which is why I’m asking. And our first timeshare trip was to Marriott Ko’Olina, and my hubbie looked at me and asked “why would you ever want to travel another way?” Just not having to start out the day with where to go for breakfast was a huge bonus for us!!
There are several different systems out there, and many different resorts on Aruba alone if that’s a place you envision returning frequently to.
and it’s much easier to buy than to sell, so think about where you’d like to visit, the quality and kind of accommodations you want/need now and in 5/10/15 years before buying anything.
Bluegreen may be ideal for you, but it sounds to me like you might have be one enamored with your trip (which is great), in which case there may (or may not be) better options to consider.
nose around the different forums here to start getting a sense of what’s out there.
And welcome to Tug

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hi Andy-so glad you enjoyed your trip! And this may or may not be relevant, since it certainly wasn’t what you asked, but a little food for thought, before you jump in:
Did you fall in love with the resort or the concept of time sharing and/or the island itself? Aruba has that effect on people (including us), which is why I’m asking. And our first timeshare trip was to Marriott Ko’Olina, and my hubbie looked at me and asked “why would you ever want to travel another way?” Just not having to start out the day with where to go for breakfast was a huge bonus for us!!
There are several different systems out there, and many different resorts on Aruba alone if that’s a place you envision returning frequently to.
and it’s much easier to buy than to sell, so think about where you’d like to visit, the quality and kind of accommodations you want/need now and in 5/10/15 years before buying anything.
Bluegreen may be ideal for you, but it sounds to me like you might have be one enamored with your trip (which is great), in which case there may (or may not be) better options to consider.
nose around the different forums here to start getting a sense of what’s out there.
And welcome to Tug
All great thoughts.

And there is a very active resale market for la cabana weeks - they are fixed weeks and fixed units so another option is to purchase a week there.
But agree about the advice to take your time and do research regarding your choices.

andymul

Reaction score
And welcome to Tug

Not my first timeshare trip but it was my first time to Aruba.

Over the past several years I've come to the conclusion that timesharing is the way we want to travel unless with a very large group then we'll opt for a large home or AI resort. Totally love the option to not go out to eat constantly and have a full pot of coffee made in the room in the morning to drink on the patio/balcony!

Definitely fell in love with the island and the the location of the resort. I wouldn't have any issues staying there over and over if we choose to go to Aruba regularly. We do like to explore though, so I'm not 100% on BG, but would like to find a system with good beach properties in the Caribbean to explore. I'd be good starting with one week (or equivalent points) and adding from there as we hopefully gain more vacation time and learn what we and our family like.

andymul

Reaction score
All great thoughts.

And there is a very active resale market for la cabana weeks - they are fixed weeks and fixed units so another option is to purchase a week there.
But agree about the advice to take your time and do research regarding your choices.

Do you think the amount of La Cabana Weeks on the resale market is a reason NOT to buy a La Cabana Week? If there's that much on the resale market, I would expect to see plentiful rentals as well.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
Concerning the resale market, keep in mind that BG has the right to exercise its right of first refusal (ROFR) and has been doing so very liberally lately. I have lost 3 resale deeds since January, and I'm waiting on a fourth. As my wife says, we have at least gotten three people out of their timeshare!

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
All great thoughts.

Hi there! Can you point me to the most active resale venue for la cabana weeks? I have a fixed week there that I'm thinking of selling. Thanks

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Wife and I just traveled to La Cabana in Aruba - a friend is a Bluegreen owner and let us use a week! It was awesome!

After the trip, I began looking into Bluegreen and see that there are several desirable resort locations and am looking into purchasing.

My question is: Will I have trouble making reservations with Bluegreen or will I be OK as long as I book as soon as I'm able?

Thanks!
Andy
Hi Andy! I am both a Bluegreen owner and a fixed week La Cabana owner.

Wilderness Club at Big Cedar is quite popular and reservations very challenging to get if you're a peak season / larger unit traveler. If you're more flexible & happy with a 1 bedroom, you are more likely to find joy.

At present, there isn't a single full week bookable at Aruba through the 11 month mark through Bluegreen. I looked a few nights ago at the 11 month mark and grabbed a studio poolside for next April.

If you take time to learn the system & understand the points chart, Bluegreen can be a very rewarding ownership -- we quite enjoy ours.

FWIW, i am looking to sell my La Cabana fixed week which I've rented every year & cover maintenance fees bc the time of year never seems to work forus.