• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Black Friday sales - Starting this Wednesday, 30% - 40% off.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
WINTER WARM UP

Hawaii-wide.jpg

40% OFF
FOR STAYS BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2022 THROUGH MARCH 15, 2022

FLORIDA - ORLANDO

Las Palmeras, by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hilton Grand Vacations Orlando at SeaWorld
HAWAII - OAHU
Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations
The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
ITALY
Hilton Grand Vacations at Borgo alle Vigne
NEVADA - LAS VEAGAS
Hilton Grand Vacations at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard
SCOTLAND
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Suites

SPRING GETAWAY

Orlando-wide.jpg

30% OFF
FOR STAYS BETWEEN APRIL 18, 2022 THROUGH MAY 31, 2022

FLORIDA - ORLANDO

Las Palmeras, by Hilton Grand Vacations
HAWAII - BIG ISLAND
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
NEVADA - LAS VEAGAS
Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hilton Grand Vacations at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise
UTAH
Sunrise Lodge, by Hilton Grand Vacations

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
FAQ: Black Friday 2021 Sales

Q: How do I book this offer?
A: You may book your desired Hilton Grand Vacations resort location(s) directly on the Club website any time from November 24–28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Q: How many reservations can I book with this offer?
A: This offer is on a first-come, first-served basis, and is based on available inventory. You are limited only by the number of available ClubPoints, Saved Points, or Bonus Points you have available. You may book desired reservations until inventory is exhausted at your property of choice during the November 24–28, 2021, booking window.

Q: What if my plans change after I book this offer?
A: If your plans change, you will be held to the current cancellation policy as outlined in the Club Rules. You may not rebook with the same discount offer outside of the booking window or for alternate, non-participating properties.

Q: What are the specific requirements with this offer?
A: Qualifying reservations must be booked online or by phone November 24 - 28, 2021 for a stay at a participating resort within the discounted offer arrival and departure dates. Unit types and arrival / departure date ranges may vary by resort.

Q: If I book multiple reservations as part of this offer, will I be extended the same discount opportunity for each reservation?
A: This Black Friday offer will be available to you as long as discounted inventory is available. Once the discounted inventory is exhausted, you will still be able to book at the regular ClubPoints rate. You are limited only by the number of available ClubPoints, Saved Points, or Bonus Points you have available.

Q: I have an existing reservation at one of the properties listed for this Black Friday offer. What happens to that reservation?
A: That reservation will continue to be honored at the original ClubPoints or Open Season cash rate offered at the time of initial booking. If you wish to book at the Black Friday discounted ClubPoints rate, you will need to book the desired property first to secure your unit(s), then cancel your existing reservation(s). Please note that the current cancellation policy will be enforced. Refer to the Club Rules for details.

Q: When does this offer end?
A: This special, limited-time offer ends on November 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
So I read this as starting tonight at midnight, but the discount is active now!

I was able to use Change Reservation to get the discount, no need to cancel and rebook.

Just saved 3140 points on a 2BR+ at KL in May.

Get booking folks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nowhere useful to use at these times. Our KL trip starts tomorrow :)

And we are going to Vegas during the Winter period, but staying at Elara, so no love.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
So I read this as starting tonight at midnight, but the discount is active now!
Yeah, I was surprised by that last night. I was just researching available locations, and I saw the discounts already applied. They definitely didn't know what 11.59pm meant.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I was able to use Change Reservation to get the discount, no need to cancel and rebook.

Just saved 3140 points on a 2BR+ at KL in May.

WOW! THANK YOU!

There was a clear disconnect between marketing and IT.

Marketing said: starts on Wednesday 11.59 pm ET.
IT did: starts on Wednesday 12.00am ET.

Marketing said: you will need to book the desired property first to secure your unit(s), then cancel your existing reservation(s).
IT did: you can modify your reservation in place to get the discount.

1637800811470.png
1637800962005.png

Last edited:

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this as I was looking yesterday at Las Vegas for January. I don't recall anything about it on the HGVC website... I looked at April too and the sale rates were on then too so I booked a second reservation for April under the sale...

Are they expecting occupancy to be horrible in early 2022 too?

The Market place was open again at the HGVC Paradise in Las Vegas but the hours were cut short midweek. So I assume they are only full on the weekends..

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Amazingly, a one-bedroom week in Grand Waikikian is fewer points than Lagoon Tower in February, so I changed a reservation. I'm willing to trade the view for a washer/dryer and points savings. I was also able to save points on a studio in Elara for a business trip in April. I always book Flamingo for this trip, but the location of Elara is good too.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I evaluated a change from LT to GW for a 2 bdrm OF to OV. 1000 point savings which is about $150 - $200 for the week or $21 - $28/night. I would rather pay a little extra to have the view. But that's just me.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Are they expecting occupancy to be horrible in early 2022 too?

My optimistic hope is their best guess is that any winter covid wave may linger into Spring, but demand will be strong in the summer and remainder of the year … as it was this year. (In my mind the COVID situation is next to impossible to predict, while human nature is much easier.)

As a parent of school-aged children, it looks like to me this promotion is incentivizing travel in the spring before and after spring break. That sounds great to me. While I am unlikely to be able to take advantage of it, this may take some pressure off the remainder of 2023.
And I believe I just used my #1000 comment on TUG to make this comment. I am so happy to be part of the TUG community.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Ignorant question: Do you have to be a member of HGVC to take advantage of this offer? I ask because I am not a member of HGVC but this announcement/advertisement was posted in my TUG newsletter where I could easily see and click on it.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Ignorant question: Do you have to be a member of HGVC to take advantage of this offer? I ask because I am not a member of HGVC but this announcement/advertisement was posted in my TUG newsletter where I could easily see and click on it.
Yes, you have to be an HGVC owner. The discount is on resort stays booked with HGVC points.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry i should have done a better job indicating it was an HGVC sale only.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I completely missed the sale. I was sailing and didn't have service. Oh well. Not much I can do now.

curlydoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all! My first post and I'm new. Quick question! If I book in may for early 2023 does that use my 2022 points?

PS: Big thanks to TUG, yall saved me THOUSANDS with a resale!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all! My first post and I'm new. Quick question! If I book in may for early 2023 does that use my 2022 points?

PS: Big thanks to TUG, yall saved me THOUSANDS with a resale!

NO, a 2023 booking will use 2023 points. You must SAVE your 2022 points into 2023 first, then make the booking. It will then use your Saved 2022 points first.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

curlydoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO, a 2023 booking will use 2023 points. You must SAVE your 2022 points into 2023 first, then make the booking. It will then use your Saved 2022 points first.
So if I have 2021 points that I saved to 2022 I can't save them for 2023 can I? I was told that the year in which the booking was made was the year the points were pulled from :(

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if I have 2021 points that I saved to 2022 I can't save them for 2023 can I? I was told that the year in which the booking was made was the year the points were pulled from :(

NO you can't save them AGAIN. Use them in HGVC in the next 16 days or save them into RCI. Only choices available.