• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Black Friday & Cyber Monday

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My friend and I look forward to Black Friday every year. This year included. A couple of nuts, I know. But we have fun getting out the ads, planing our plan of attack, and spending the day doing what girls do best, ---spending hubby's paycheck. :D (Just kidding it is mainly mine :( ) We stand in those lines chatting away drinking our thermos of coffee looking like a bit of a train wreck since neither of us did more than pull our hair back and throw on a pair of sweats at 3:30AM. Then we stop at our favorite little dive and have our treat that we allow ourselves to have only once a year. A plate of biscuits and gravy. Anyone else going to be out there?????

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the ads and there is noting really out there that is saying "BUY ME". The prices aren't as low as expected.

I am personally looking for Wii games and accessories and it looks like best buy will have the best deals going.

I doubt I will stand in line, but I will try to go to walmart and get a price match on the Wii items I see.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would ask that all you folks who can't wait to rush into a store at 5 AM or whatever time they open, please have a little patience with the employees, they are doing their best to give everyone the service they deserve, but being pushy or rude to them is not going to get you any better price or produce an item that has been sold out. These are some things that are just not in their power to do for you. So please try to take your patience with you and be nice to the employees who help you, you'll both have a better day.

Suzanne

(Yes, I do work in retail , but not directly with the customers.)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think the best deals are going to be after Black Friday, when Black Friday is a bit of a bust because of the economy. I looked at the ads that are out so far, and I sure won't be running out in the middle of the night.

I keep thinking there is a lot we DON'T need. The kids are older and harder to please. They all want Wii, and I know nothing about it. :doh:

Totally off-subject:
It won't seem like Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday for me, anyway, because Rick will be at the firehouse for 24 hours, from Thanksgiving morning to 7:30 p.m. the next day. Time to see what organization needs help on the holiday, then it's IHOP or Denny's for dinner. I am so used to my routine when Rick is gone, and two of the three kids have their in-laws to join for dinner, so it works out well.

We will celebrate on Saturday after the holiday. We are still doing the turkey thing, with a large family presence. :)

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes - I can't even imagine getting up that early or wanting to shop with crowds! I do my shopping all year, whenever something catches my eye and is on sale, and stash it all. In early December I do an inventory and see if what I've gotten the kids is reasonably equitable, then fill in the gaps. Have fun Friday morning, but I'll be snuggled deep under my covers!

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Yikes - I can't even imagine getting up that early or wanting to shop with crowds! I do my shopping all year, whenever something catches my eye and is on sale, and stash it all. In early December I do an inventory and see if what I've gotten the kids is reasonably equitable, then fill in the gaps. Have fun Friday morning, but I'll be snuggled deep under my covers!

I'm with you - you couldn't pay me to go out on that day, especially at 3:30 am - but bless those who can deal with it! We don't have malls or chain stores near where I live (which I consider a plus) so I would have to really go out of my way to go shopping anyway.

I also do much of my shopping throughout the year, especially on business trips or vacations. I picked up lots of Vancouver 2010 Olympic gifts in Vancouver back in April, some more unique gifts on vacation in Cancun in July, and pretty much finished shopping earlier this week on a business trip to the Berkshires in some specialty shops. :whoopie:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the Thanksgiving day paper, it's about the size of a brick with all the ads.

Never have understood the getting in line at Target at 3:30am. I think this year the closer into Xmas the better the deals are going to be. Especially if there is a big spike in the unemployment data coming out the 1st Friday of Dec.

I will be doing my usual Black Friday routine, flying home from Disney.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Theresa its like a sport.

Yea Candace!!! Yep, that is really what it is about for us. Just fun girl time together in a crazy kind of way. No worries with us Suzanne we are always very patient with the staff. We realize everyone is just doing the best they can. Those that get rude with the staff usually get --The Evil Eye-- from us. ;)