• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bike Week - Myrtle Beach

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
On our way to Ocean Blvd (staying overnight in GA) and just learned that this weekend is Bike Week in Myrtle Beach (starting tomorrow through Monday). We had no idea and the pre-arrival email from the resort didn't mention anything. I think it would have been nice for Wyndham to mention that the event was occurring.

My main concern at this point is that traffic will be horrendous, but besides that, just wondering if anyone has stayed at Ocean Boulevard during this event and what we should expect. From what I see online, a lot of the activities are centered around Atlantic Beach, which is 3 miles south of the resort, but I'd imagine there is spill over. I can't imagine that many bikers staying at the resort, but you never know. We could stop at Kroger tomorrow on our way in and plan on staying at the resort until the event is over. I'm wondering if it will be really loud. We're staying in an oceanfront unit.

Or... should I look for someplace to go for a couple of days. At this point, I can't find anything in RCI, Interval, Wyndham, etc.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It looks like the main MB Bike Week ended last weekend. There appears to be a bikefest specific to Atlantic Beach this upcoming weekend and I would guess it's pretty much confined to that area.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember this about bike week. You can look but you better not touch. IMHO.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We were there for Memorial Day weekend last year in a side-facing, "oceanview" unit. Yes, this weekend includes "black bike week" activities in Atlantic Beach. So, occasionally, we heard loud motorcycles drive past the front of Ocean Blvd resort, sometimes blaring loud music. It was not very often though. Honestly, it was not an issue and it didn't impact our stay. We had a great stay. We heard a number of people say that the bike week when Harley Davidsons are everywhere was much busier, noisier, and annoying to guests there, than during our weekend at OB. We had little grandbabies, never an interrupted nap or problem from bikers being in town.

FWIW, whenever we were out by the pools, in the oceanfront bar/grill, or on the beach, we didn't notice the occasional motorcycle noise, just the ocean sounds, wind, and poolside activities. So I'd expect minimal impact, if any, while you enjoy an oceanfront unit. We certainly would not hesitate to go back. There were a handful of bike week participants staying at the resort. We saw them by their (fancy & expensive!) bikes in the parking garage and chatted briefly. Nice guys.

We did not observe any obnoxious or "racy" behavior in the area around the Ocean Blvd resort or nearby restaurants. General traffic in the MB area was no worse (to us) than during any other summer period on the Grand Strand. So I wouldn't stay elsewhere because of traffic concerns. Stay on the beach and have a fun beach vacation! HTH.

Last edited:

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
We were there for Memorial Day weekend last year in a side-facing, "oceanview" unit. Yes, this weekend includes "black bike week" activities in Atlantic Beach. So, occasionally, we heard loud motorcycles drive past the front of Ocean Blvd resort, sometimes blaring loud music. It was not very often though. Honestly, it was not an issue and it didn't impact our stay. We had a great stay. We heard a number of people say that the bike week when Harley Davidsons are everywhere was much busier, noisier, and annoying to guests there, than during our weekend at OB. We had little grandbabies, never an interrupted nap or problem from bikers being in town.

FWIW, whenever we were out by the pools, in the oceanfront bar/grill, or on the beach, we didn't notice the occasional motorcycle noise, just the ocean sounds, wind, and poolside activities. So I'd expect minimal impact, if any, while you enjoy an oceanfront unit. We certainly would not hesitate to go back. There were a handful of bike week participants staying at the resort. We saw them by their (fancy & expensive!) bikes in the parking garage and chatted briefly. Nice guys.

We did not observe any obnoxious or "racy" behavior in the area around the Ocean Blvd resort or nearby restaurants. General traffic in the MB area was no worse (to us) than during any other summer period on the Grand Strand. So I wouldn't stay elsewhere because of traffic concerns. Stay on the beach and have a fun beach vacation! HTH.

Thanks Lisa! I’m happy to hear about your experience at OB during Memorial Day weekend. We can definitely handle a little noise and after your post I’m not so apprehensive about our stay! I think our plan, at this point, is to buy enough groceries for the weekend and plan on getting a good tan, weather permitting. Thanks again, I’m relieved….

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you! Bikers are my people.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lucky you! Bikers are my people.

Yes, lucky us. We’re having a great time. The bikes are awesome and most of the event is centered around Atlantic Beach, so it’s not a ton of bikes by the resort. Our unit is facing the ocean, so it wasn’t too loud last night. Not sure I’d want to be in Tower 4. This is our first time at the resort and it’s a great place.