• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bike Rental on Hilton Head

22go

Reaction score
We are going to the Grande Ocean next week. What is the cost to rent bikes for a week from Marriott? Any recomendations for off property rentals? Any suggestions for restaurants? Thanks

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We just returned from Monarch today. It is $25.00 at GO. We normally rent thru Marriott on the island but this time we rented from one of those ads in the vacation guides and paid $17pp cash or check no credit cards and it was seemless. So we paid with tax $36.00 for two of us.

There are some places that rented for $27 in Sea Pines at South Beach. Pedals on Pope Ave had a coupon for $6.00 off but no on answered when we called so I don't know the price.

Make sure you bike on the beach at low tide and go with the wind at your back. It is amazing how very ,very hard it is riding against the wind. We had a great time riding all over Sea Pines and N & S Forest beach areas.

There are just so many places to eat as well as price points. I have read the reviews and have an ongoing list. I also want to add there are places I do not care for either that some people like. There are so many places on or just off Pope Ave tucked in so many plazas. It depends on what you like to eat and what you want to spend to dine out. We love to shop at Fresh Market and do buy some things that are premade there. You can also go to Food Lion and for $6 have a fresh made sub.

We try new places each year and this year we went to The Sea Shack. Ask the front desk where it is off Pope Ave around Executive Park on the right. The locals eat there. A divey place with low prices and fresh seafood. There is a line out the door for lunch and dinner. We paid $23 for dinner and sweet tea.

Restaurant.com has a $25 certificate for The Studio on Pope Ave. Meals are $24-$33. The Cowboy Ribeye is great.

Casual dress for dinner at most places. Restaurant.com has coupons but sometimes the early bird specials in the HH dining guide section are better because they include a drink or dessert. Guides are at kiosks and lists menus/prices/phone/directions.

If you have not been to HH before it is hard to see things at night since there are no street lights.

In Pineland Station at the North End of the island we ate at II Carpaccio. They have a 400 yr old brick oven imported from Italy. Meals are $12-$14. It is a nice place with a large menu. Same plaza as Steinmart in the center of the plaza.

We love Sticky Fingers for BBQ. Sign up online and get a free coupon for an appetizer and then get the wings. Wild Wings on Pope Ave has something like 40 varieties of wings and is a popular spot.

For example on a side street from Pope Ave is Orleans Rd where there is a place called Bistro Mezzaluna. Their early bird special includes wine and one of 24 meals with dessert for $14.99-$16.99. That is a good deal. Must order before 6pm. DH had the veal parm and I had linguine with clams.

http://hhidining.com/earlybird.php

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

22go

Reaction score
PCGirl54,
Thank you for your restaurant list. So many choices!! We will look into renting bikes locally. We can't wait to go to Hilton Head.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also do a search on this forum...I had the same questions and found a lot of info.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach

We are so sad to leave HH because we love it so much. All our daily pressures just seem to fade away. I hope you love it as much we do. Enjoy every minute.

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about bike storage if you take your own bikes?? Purchased MGO back in June, if Marriott will ever recognize me as an owner, I may get to go!!!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
They have bike racks throughout the property. Just take your bike locks.

Have fun.

Richard

P.S. If you're going to ride on the beach, you might want to consider renting the bikes rather than using your own. If you're going to stay on the bike paths, then you're ok.