• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Biggest New is Point Rentals DOUBLE from $5 to $10

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the rising MF making it cheaper to rent from WYN has been fixed. With MF north of $5/K WYN has removed the $5/K Express rental option and replaced with $10/K (you can get the points for $8/K online).

Stan

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No surprise...they are a business and have to find a way to keep us from getting the best out of our membership.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, there will be more points offered for rent by owners to other owners as vacationing is more of the luxury than ever. Besides, the $5 per thousand was only good 90 days out from checkin - it was $10 already 91+ days out.

Just going to have to look to rent instead of putting in the old credit card on the Wyndham site.:annoyed:

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, there will be more points offered for rent by owners to other owners as vacationing is more of the luxury than ever. Besides, the $5 per thousand was only good 90 days out from checkin - it was $10 already 91+ days out.

Just going to have to look to rent instead of putting in the old credit card on the Wyndham site.:annoyed:

BUT, you could rent at 90 days cancel and use the cancel points, no one paid $10 unless they didn't know this.

Stan

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
BUT, you could rent at 90 days cancel and use the cancel points, no one paid $10 unless they didn't know this.
Very sneaky.

I wonder how many mega-renters took advantage of this loophole or if it was even noticed. You would think the going rate for rental points would be sub-$5 if this had been widely known.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year (or maybe the year before) they put a cap equal to your annual allocation on the total points you could rent in a year. There was a brief spike in rental prices after that went into effect, but it settled after a while.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would rent at the 60 day or less mark using the discount reservation point value or resort special deals. It was cheaper than borrowing points from the next year (based on mainteneance fees and with no reservation transaction fee). While RT are not a problem for some owners, it should be considered in the cost equation for some others.

eBay sales (resales) on Wyndham point contracts are so low ... and with these new or higher fees (and discounting the resale contracts for point based levels) ... it would appear that resales might stay or drop even lower.

I admit I have definitely LEARN much here ... and I appreciate the opportunity to get MORE and better usage out of the timeshare ownership.