• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Big Points Sales on eBay

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
1.26 million at Cypress Palms in Orlando ($5,995 opening bid, $6,795 BIN)
2.1 million at Glacier Canyon Waterparks ($11,295 opening bid, $12,495 BIN)

Seller (vacationsalvation) doesn't have a lot of feedback but what he has is good.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres his complete list (I dont see Cypress Palms), but he has 3 mm pts in Vegas some of the lowest mf out there....good thing Im broke

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 1,260,000 Points LOW FEES RARE MILLION ANNUAL PTS
Fairshare Plus Points Grand Desert Las Vegas RESALE

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$5,995.00
$6,795.00
Listed:Feb-01 15:22

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 2105000 Points RARE 2 MILLION ANNUAL PTS Dells
Fairshare Plus Points Glacier Canyon Waterparks RESALE

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$11,295.00
$12,495.00
Listed:Feb-01 15:09

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 742,000 Points LOW FEES RARE Smoky Mountains TN
Fairshare Plus Points Annual Point Deed pt RESALE

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$3,495.00
$3,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 15:33

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 1036000 Points LOW FEES RARE MILLION ANNUAL PTS

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$6,495.00
$7,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 15:23

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 801,000 Points LOW FEES RARE Grand Desert Vegas PTS
Fairshare Plus Points Annual point Las Vegas RESALE wow

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$4,495.00
$4,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 13:02

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I hope he sells them all. That would possably mean the market is turning, it may be. The Wyndham Sales people (at a number of locations) say that the "Power Deed" is the way to go. This would be a great test of that theory as it relates to resale value. My guess if they go for the asking price, that Grand Desert and Smokey Mountain would be the ones. These could make some sense. The price is mind boggling compared to the retail cost of a similar purchase.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
What is a power deed?

The Sales Force defines it as where they take back your Wyndham Deeds or a least enough of them to make their point total plus a new purchase at least 1 million point. The reason I would guess that Smokey Mountain and Las Vegas as the two most probably to sell would be the low maintance fees at Smokey Mountain and Las Vegas is Las Vegas.

Sorry, they also have a power deed for 500,000 thousand points (forgot about that one).

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
The Sales Force defines it as where they take back your Wyndham Deeds or a least enough of them to make their point total plus a new purchase at least 1 million point. The reason I would guess that Smokey Mountain and Las Vegas as the two most probably to sell would be the low maintance fees at Smokey Mountain and Las Vegas is Las Vegas.

Got it! Thanks for the reply.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Playing the rental game with Wyndham ownership and points has gotten MUCH more time demanding and less $$$ rewarding.

If you are NOT Platimum and do not have good ARP, you are not able to chasing discounts and upgrades needed to break even. If you have HIGH value ARP, you are hoping to find renters who want to pay your higher value full MFs, cover the cost of your ads, and the $99 guest certificate fee. But to own ANY of those points packages, you will just be working to enrich Wyndham. And without ANY VIP standing, you will get HIT with HK and RT fees, too.

If you are Platimum, you are always rebooking and running (changing/new) ads, talking to possible renters, and paying fees to PAYPAL, etc. Plus, if you brought these big point contracts, you would exceed your allotment of Guest Certificates and still be buying some (average cost $40-50) per transaction.

Plus, several of my (retired) Snowbird renters went and brought condos in South Florida as the buyin costs sunk so low. Will the newer generation of retirees had the disposal funds to spend 3-6 weeks in Florida? Will they surf the Web looking for last minute deals? My thoughts are HOW GOOD IS YOUR POKER FACE?

And Wyndham has stacked the deck to where you are working for their bottom line or you are USING the points for your vacations.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
the 1,260,000 is CP

Heres his complete list (I dont see Cypress Palms), but he has 3 mm pts in Vegas some of the lowest mf out there....good thing Im broke

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 1,260,000 Points LOW FEES RARE MILLION ANNUAL PTS

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$5,995.00
$6,795.00
Listed:Feb-01 15:22

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 2105000 Points RARE 2 MILLION ANNUAL PTS Dells
Fairshare Plus Points Glacier Canyon Waterparks RESALE

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$11,295.00
$12,495.00
Listed:Feb-01 15:09

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 742,000 Points LOW FEES RARE Smoky Mountains TN
Fairshare Plus Points Annual Point Deed pt RESALE

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$3,495.00
$3,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 15:33

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 1036000 Points LOW FEES RARE MILLION ANNUAL PTS

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$6,495.00
$7,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 15:23

Wyndham Fairfield Timeshare 801,000 Points LOW FEES RARE Grand Desert Vegas PTS
Fairshare Plus Points Annual point Las Vegas RESALE wow

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$4,495.00
$4,995.00
Listed:Jan-31 13:02

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Playing the rental game with Wyndham ownership and points has gotten MUCH more time demanding and less $$$ rewarding.

If you are NOT Platimum and do not have good ARP, you are not able to chasing discounts and upgrades needed to break even. If you have HIGH value ARP, you are hoping to find renters who want to pay your higher value full MFs, cover the cost of your ads, and the $99 guest certificate fee. But to own ANY of those points packages, you will just be working to enrich Wyndham. And without ANY VIP standing, you will get HIT with HK and RT fees, too.

If you are Platimum, you are always rebooking and running (changing/new) ads, talking to possible renters, and paying fees to PAYPAL, etc. Plus, if you brought these big point contracts, you would exceed your allotment of Guest Certificates and still be buying some (average cost $40-50) per transaction.

I agree with just about everything you said.

I am managing just under 3 million points plus seventeen fixed/floating weeks. This is my busy time of year, working spring and summer rentals. I spend 30-45 minutes before work, lunch time at work (like right now), and a couple of hours most nights, plus 4-8 hours on a weekend doing just the things you say. Let me add maintaining records for the IRS, a non-trivial expenditure of time.

Normally, I don't run out of guest certificates. I may this year because I booked a lot of four day reservations in New Orleans for the BCS football game and the NCAA Final Four. Fifteen guest certificates per million points means I could average 67 thousand points per rental and never have to pay for guest certificates. The BCS and Final Four reservations mostly cost about 42.5K each with the 50% discount.

But, I'll average up a lot when I sell the Presidential units later this spring and summer. I have several reservations where the initial booking price was in the 350-450K neighborhood. They will substantially raise my average points/reservations, even with the 50% discount.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Plus, several of my (retired) Snowbird renters went and brought condos in South Florida as the buyin costs sunk so low. Will the newer generation of retirees had the disposal funds to spend 3-6 weeks in Florida? Will they surf the Web looking for last minute deals? My thoughts are HOW GOOD IS YOUR POKER FACE?

And Wyndham has stacked the deck to where you are working for their bottom line or you are USING the points for your vacations.

I also agree.

Im a much smaller player than chapjim,,(750000 points and 10 fixed and floating weeks)

I dont spend the time he does but I do spend time (like now) but my job is real estate sales and I see the time I put into renting my timeshares as just part of my real estate business... I have been able to use my floating weeks to reserve enough high demand, high dollar reservations that the income from them has paid the maintenance fees for everything I own including the Wyndham points...The Wyndham points I either use myself or rent for about the mf.

I cant figure out how to make money with just Wyndham points without ARP for certain event weeks, or unless you are Platinum

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also agree.

Im a much smaller player than chapjim,,(750000 points and 10 fixed and floating weeks)

I dont spend the time he does but I do spend time (like now) but my job is real estate sales and I see the time I put into renting my timeshares as just part of my real estate business... I have been able to use my floating weeks to reserve enough high demand, high dollar reservations that the income from them has paid the maintenance fees for everything I own including the Wyndham points...The Wyndham points I either use myself or rent for about the mf.

I cant figure out how to make money with just Wyndham points without ARP for certain event weeks, or unless you are Platinum

I don't think it's feasible to make significant money off Wyndham points without at least gold status. This past summer I was looking at rentals for GC in prime season going for 20 to 25% above my cost for them but even in this scenario I would have to own almost 3 million points just to cover the mf cost of my 532K.

Jason

rrlongwell

Reaction score
If I were going to buy a bunch more timeshares to support a rental business, I would be looking at good fixed weeks/floating weeks at good/great resorts. This would be the safest way given the long term ownership involved. I think this to be the case.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were going to buy a bunch more timeshares to support a rental business, I would be looking at good fixed weeks/floating weeks at good/great resorts. This would be the safest way given the long term ownership involved. I think this to be the case.

That what I have been able to do...This year, 7 floating weeks paid the mf on everything I own

And thats exactly what I set out to do a year ago...rent half of what I own so that the income would be enough to pay for the whole mess

Now Im thinking of actually trying to make money at this so anything I buy from now on will be bought with an eye to its income potential

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
works great till until the market falls out or the game changes.

That what I have been able to do...This year, 7 floating weeks paid the mf on everything I own

And thats exactly what I set out to do a year ago...rent half of what I own so that the income would be enough to pay for the whole mess

Now Im thinking of actually trying to make money at this so anything I buy from now on will be bought with an eye to its income potential

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
works great till until the market falls out or the game changes.

Market falls out:
It is the economy, again.
Stock market and retirement funds evaporations.
Upside down on home mortgages.
Retirements delayed or forever GONE.
Cost of college educations.
Deflation of the dollar due to international crisises.
Lack of a manufacturing base anymore.
Corporate greed.

Game Changes:
$99 for each Guest Certificate verses $29.
15 day auto-cancellations on duplicate reservations.
14 day and in fortfiture of points on cancelled reservations.
$299 transfer fee on deeds.
10-12 Week recognition on new owners of transferred contracts.
No transfers of points between owners.
No cheap RCI deposits or preferences back into Wyndham.

Remember, basic economics: True wealth is not created by selling one's labor, but by invention (new ideas) or industrial superiority or renting capital (money) to where new ideas are being employed. Borrowing money must pay for its costs by generating products using the new ideas more effieciently.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
heres an update on those big contracts on ebay

1260000 points no bids
2105000 points no bids
1036000 points one bid, sold $6495
742000 points no bids relisted
801000 points one bid sold $4495

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
heres an update on those big contracts on ebay

1260000 points no bids
2105000 points no bids
1236000 points one bid, sold $6495
742000 points no bids relisted
801000 points one bid sold $4495

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if the Power Deeds had any re-sale value.