• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BI- Only RCI

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We already own on BI however I need to put together a surprised Bday celebration next yr. As I await for TS to close to join II, is there any BI TS in II? I only currently have visibility through our RCI TS which we are selling. TIA.

DRIless

Reaction score
We already own on BI however I need to put together a surprised Bday celebration next yr. As I await for TS to close to join II, is there any BI TS in II? I only currently have visibility through our RCI TS which we are selling. TIA.
¿BI?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing she mean the Big Island in Hawaii. There is the Kona Coast Resort in II, which is a Shell resort, and is lovely. I can't remember what the other II resorts are...

DRIless

Reaction score
I'm guessing she mean the Big Island in Hawaii. There is the Kona Coast Resort in II, which is a Shell resort, and is lovely. I can't remember what the other II resorts are...
That's a very good guess, and I'd have bet money on that if OP had posted in
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/us-hawaii-timesharing.22/
All of us think it's an island because of the word "on" but that could be a typo like surprised Bday
Bainbridge Island WA come to my mind.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

As of January 1 of this year, all the Shell resorts trade in RCI. No surprise since Wyndham now owns both. I’m sad for the lost opportunity to exchange into Marriott and other II resorts and wish we had done that when we had the chance.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Like the previous posters, I’m not sure what BI stands for. However, I know that Marriott trades in II, so if there’s a Marriott TS on BI, that’s a possibility for you.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
BI is Big Island.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kona Coast and Paniolo Greens are always available thru II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
As of January 1 of this year, all the Shell resorts trade in RCI. No surprise since Wyndham now owns both. I’m sad for the lost opportunity to exchange into Marriott and other II resorts and wish we had done that when we had the chance.

This thread and info is good to know! Sorry your exchange opportunities became more limited. II hasn't updated their resort directory yet.

DD wants to go to Kona (not Waikoloa) in spring 2020, and I was hoping to use E-plus re-trade. Too bad I saw one Kona based unit in II available the other day that I should have taken, but was waiting to see if one of the Shell resorts would come up. I can exchange in RCI too, but rather not pay their high exchange fee if I can avoid it. Oh well...

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Shell thing means that the resorts are now dual-affiliated, and that the developer won't be bulk depositing into II. But my understanding was that individual owners could still use II for exchanges.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the Shell thing means that the resorts are now dual-affiliated, and that the developer won't be bulk depositing into II. But my understanding was that individual owners could still use II for exchanges.

That’s my understanding too. I’m now co-owner of two deeded holiday weeks at Kona Coast (never converted to Wyndham points, although Wyndham tried mightily to get my dad to do so) and have considered paying for an II membership to expand our exchange opportunities. We have an RCI membership that he’s been depositing KCR into for several years. DH and I also have Shell points which of course are restricted to RCI exchanges.

This thread and info is good to know! Sorry your exchange opportunities became more limited. II hasn't updated their resort directory yet.

DD wants to go to Kona (not Waikoloa) in spring 2020, and I was hoping to use E-plus re-trade. Too bad I saw one Kona based unit in II available the other day that I should have taken, but was waiting to see if one of the Shell resorts would come up. I can exchange in RCI too, but rather not pay their high exchange fee if I can avoid it. Oh well...

I assume that going forward, Kona Coast weeks will be less available in II, so if you see one, grab it.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Thanks everyone. Very helpful. I have dual affiliated as well. Looks like I may have to deposit one into RCI.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
That’s my understanding too. I’m now co-owner of two deeded holiday weeks at Kona Coast (never converted to Wyndham points, although Wyndham tried mightily to get my dad to do so) and have considered paying for an II membership to expand our exchange opportunities. We have an RCI membership that he’s been depositing KCR into for several years. DH and I also have Shell points which of course are restricted to RCI exchanges.

I assume that going forward, Kona Coast weeks will be less available in II, so if you see one, grab it.

Yes thanks! I did see a Kona Coast week last Saturday morning that works for my daughter's schedule and grabbed it :whooopie:
I woke up unexpectedly Saturday at 3 am, and thought might as well check II, and when I saw a couple of units sitting there, that really woke me up !! :wave: