• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bHC vs HGVC

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
It's already a 4x4 points nightmare. I can't imagine it's worth making this more complex.
I own 24k HCNY and bought a resale gold week at W57 (officially the 3rd time In 10 years I’ve become an owner at W57, ). If the bHC points are in one bucket it would surmise that one could get a cheap District EOY contract and use them to supplement the W57 points for booking. Has anybody tried that?

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I just got a district platinum annual week and it appears that my W57 and District points are in a single bucket. I have only had it a month, so I do not have complete experience with it. But my bHC shows the combined total of the two. My HCNY is a separate account. Do you have the same two accounts/ two club dues setup ?

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I just got a district platinum annual week and it appears that my W57 and District points are in a single bucket. I have only had it a month, so I do not have complete experience with it. But my bHC shows the combined total of the two. My HCNY is a separate account. Do you have the same two accounts/ two club dues setup ?
Yes - though it is one login, my HCNY is a separate account from my other HGVC account number (which includes a platinum SeaWorld and a gold W57). Thus, there are 2 dashboards as well. I have to toggle between account numbers to book depending on which points I want to use. This is almost entirely because HCNY is treated as a separate entity (with its own club dues). Again, those HCNY points are way too expensive and I only will use them there. As I said previously, I always have liked owning at W57, so I was on the lookout for resale back into owning there. I like HCNY when I bring my family for longer visits (due to the 2BR) but like the studios at W57 when I travel to NYC solo. I also like the AI reservation option that I lost when I sold back my prior W57 contracts. I’m very intrigued at getting a District contract to boost the bHC points bucket. Tombanjo, you may be the only person right now who has a deed in both places. And if you got both bHC via resale, all the more impressive! Congrats!

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
5750 for 7200 point district ;) W57th was resale too.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Yes - though it is one login, my HCNY is a separate account from my other HGVC account number (which includes a platinum SeaWorld and a gold W57). Thus, there are 2 dashboards as well. I have to toggle between account numbers to book depending on which points I want to use. This is almost entirely because HCNY is treated as a separate entity (with its own club dues). Again, those HCNY points are way too expensive and I only will use them there. As I said previously, I always have liked owning at W57, so I was on the lookout for resale back into owning there. I like HCNY when I bring my family for longer visits (due to the 2BR) but like the studios at W57 when I travel to NYC solo. I also like the AI reservation option that I lost when I sold back my prior W57 contracts. I’m very intrigued at getting a District contract to boost the bHC points bucket. Tombanjo, you may be the only person right now who has a deed in both places. And if you got both bHC via resale, all the more impressive! Congrats!

Sean
Multiple of your above posts have echoed my feeling about W57th and HCNY. I would love to buy a District property as well for the same reason (boost points for HCNY use) but am still a bit skeptical. I almost bought at the Elara on the cheap thinking I could use the points at HCNY months back and was warned here and elsewhere that it would fly. I have another trip to the Elara coming and have to do the obligatory "update" meeting and will ask what my options are if any.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
only HCNY points can be used at HCNY. No other points, no club season for other than owners to book. (You may be able to access via RCI, but have no access to lounge) W57th has 59 day season where any HGVC points can be used.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
only HCNY points can be used at HCNY. No other points, no club season for other than owners to book. (You may be able to access via RCI, but have no access to lounge) W57th has 59 day season where any HGVC points can be used.

Right. To echo this in bold: Other bHC points will not boost points for HCNY use. Nothing will except more HCNY points.

There is nothing unequivocal about this. Only HCNY points at HCNY during Club season. Period.

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Let’s ensure I understand correctly:

Only HCNY points can be used to book at HCNY. That makes sence because that is the rules for HCNY.

What about if someone owns several bHC properties such was W57, the District, the Quinn, Charleston? Can you use any of your bHC points to book at any bHC which you own (in other words are they all in the same bucket)?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
It would appear so, I have various reservations, but for 2022, there are no reservations so the total "By Hilton Club" points are the district and W57th combined.
sdg.JPG

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
It would appear so, I have various reservations, but for 2022, there are no reservations so the total "By Hilton Club" points are the district and W57th combined.
View attachment 17129
Thanks for the clarification, so indeed it appears you can then book using your points acquired points from the District and 57th AT HCNY. Is the summary page relatively new, I mean over the past two to three years. I swear the points from my HCNY property, now this is going years back, were originally posted as just HGVC points and they more recently, maybe a couple years back converted to "By Hilton Club" points on my summary page. I will pull up my statement later today but seems like the above it obviously what I will see. The reason for my lack of knowledge with this is I basically always use my points (bHC) at ONLY my HCNY property and virtually no where else for the reasons discussed above. So I typically called or used the web site and just booked it. As you know it is generally super easy to book HCNY as a owner. So it appears that indeed this concept of a "club within a club", like it or not (and I am not sure I do), is becoming a very big reality.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Hilton Club New York is not bHC , and district points will not work. Completely different. Only points bought as HCNY work for HCNY. it is a separate account with zero cross capabilities

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, so indeed it appears you can then book using your points acquired points from the District and 57th AT HCNY.

As mentioned several times, simply NO, you cannot.

Cheers.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Hilton Club New York is not bHC , and district points will not work. Completely different. Only points bought as HCNY work for HCNY. it is a separate account with zero cross capabilities
OK now so still confused as I have been for years with this d@mn situation with buying at HCNY. I have posted about this before as well and things have indeed changed over the years and have been discussed here and on other threads. So I just check my account and indeed it looks nothing like yours. My points are labeled simply and ambiguously so "Club Points" Not "By Hilton Club Points" . I believe I just took that as be synonymous with "HGVC" points. I realize I can use my "Club Points" anywhere but I did quickly relize it was foolish to do given the cost. I knew for probably over a year now that I could not buy other properties such as in Vegas and use those points at HCNY which I have previously posted was never told to me and in fact years back when I bought at HCNY I I was told the opposite .... I think we all know that game. I guess my confusion is that I thought "By Hilton Club" points COULD be used at HCNY. Again, it is a shame they can't and I guess all the more reasons why I won't be buying any more "Hilton" properties. Again, I feel a little bait and switched here but what else is new with HGVC.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
HCNY is in a separate account, and yes, they call them the same "ClubPoints" as regular HGVC points. But, at least for me, the HCNY is all by itself, and the other properties I have are in a separate account broken up by "By Hilton Club Points" and ordinary "ClubPoints". So even though both HCNY points and all regular HGVC points are both called "ClubPoints" they are in two completely different buckets and "regular" club points can't even see the reservation window for HCNY let alone book with them.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they put it in the same bucket,but if you have 5000 in 57th street and 7000 in dc district with total of 12,000 points in the Bucket. You can make 57 th street home reservation and club reservation max 5,000 points. You will not be able to book 12,000 point worth of club reservation in 9 months window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they put it in the same bucket,but if you have 5000 in 57th street and 7000 in dc district with total of 12,000 points in the Bucket. You can make 57 th street home reservation and club reservation max 5,000 points. You will not be able to book 12,000 point worth of club reservation in 9 months window.

I see. So even though they're lumped together, the system "knows" when trying to book? This was definitely not the case when bHC and HVGC points were together, and why the separated them. Seems that the booking system has gotten smarter.

Edit: Appears that the quoted post above is not correct. Looking again, appears conjecture rather than experiment.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to all for being patent and clarifying I think what all would agree an over complex way of posting your points. Also, if the above it true (ccwu post) this is also seems restrictive to "HIlton Club Point" owners. You would think that owning at both 57th st. and district the points would be interchangeable (in the 9 month window) as both properties are "bHC" properties. Wasn't that the idea of setting up the "bHC" in the first place? Curious if that was explicitly told to buyers of these properties.

My brother has owned at 57th st. since it was basically built didn't realize it was was "technically" a separate club, "bHC" until about two years ago. He, and others have who posted here, have stated that when 57th St. first opened "bHC" was not even a concept. Not sure how soon following the open of 57St. that things changed.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I could make reservation at w57th in May for more than my 5250 points (which BTW are already booked). So the district points are good at w57th. Hilton Club New York is NOT an bHC property. Completely and absolutely a one off.

sfdsdfs.JPG

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for being patent and clarifying I think what all would agree an over complex way of posting your points. Also, if the above it true (ccwu post) this is also seems restrictive to "HIlton Club Point" owners. You would think that owning at both 57th st. and district the points would be interchangeable (in the 9 month window) as both properties are "bHC" properties. Wasn't that the idea of setting up the "bHC" in the first place? Curious if that was explicitly told to buyers of these properties.

Even though it would benefit me, I do not believe that they should be interchangeable and the details are very explicitly written in the club rules. Nothing is hidden. The details about only HCNY into HCNY are there. The rules about using bHC points across different resorts (i.e. that they are not interchangeable) are there along specific windows are there.

My brother has owned at 57th st. since it was basically built didn't realize it was was "technically" a separate club, "bHC" until about two years ago. He, and others have who posted here, have stated that when 57th St. first opened "bHC" was not even a concept. Not sure how soon following the open of 57St. that things changed.

Things never changed for the way W. 57th was handled. True, it was not called "by Hilton Club" then, but from when it first opened the restriction on using non-W57th points being relegated to a smaller window than standard Club Season were well-documented. What did change is that a loophole in the system whereby folks who also had HGVC points could use them during Club Season at W. 57th was closed. We used that glitch to use Flamingo points at W. 57th during Club Season until they closed the loophole :)

But the published rules were the same throughout. The only addition is the added rules affecting interactions among the various bHC resorts now that there are more.

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I could make reservation at w57th in May for more than my 5250 points (which BTW are already booked). So the district points are good at w57th. Hilton Club New York is NOT an bHC property. Completely and absolutely a one off.

View attachment 17139
Thank you so much Tombanjo for testing the bHC hypothesis. It would have to be a very sophisticated code to differentiate among the bHC points, so at least (for now) the bHC bucket can be “cross-contaminated”. It doesn’t mean that one who does NOT own at a bHC location can use other bHC points for 9 month booking there. You have to own in multiple bHC locations. This “loophole” seems far less egregious than when we were able to supplement regular HGVC club points into the W57 booking window (something I regularly did - and was also encouraged to do by the sales people as late as 2016). As I posited before, how many individual owners have deeds at 2, 3, 4+ bHC locations? I have to think it is a tiny number of owners (looking at you, Tombanjo ;)

Regarding HCNY, I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but for Nomad - yes, our HCNY points are “Club Points” with all the benefits of regular HGVC Club points, but with the ability to book at HCNY (plus convert any number to HH at 50:1). You have to toggle out of that account number to look at your “regular” HGVC Club Points and bHC points in your member dashboard. Despite owning these “regular” Club and bHC points, they cannot be used to book at HCNY. Heck, I had 40,000 Bonus points for “upgrading” into HCNY, but those could NOT be used to book HCNY. As a happy owner at HCNY, I kind of like the exclusivity as there is far less booking competition. Hope all that makes sense.

Sean

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I believe the rules (have always) said you must use your bhc points at the property they pertain to. However, I don’t think this is enforceable with the current systems.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Regarding HCNY, I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but for Nomad - yes, our HCNY points are “Club Points” with all the benefits of regular HGVC Club points, but with the ability to book at HCNY (plus convert any number to HH at 50:1). You have to toggle out of that account number to look at your “regular” HGVC Club Points and bHC points in your member dashboard. Despite owning these “regular” Club and bHC points, they cannot be used to book at HCNY. Heck, I had 40,000 Bonus points for “upgrading” into HCNY, but those could NOT be used to book HCNY. As a happy owner at HCNY, I kind of like the exclusivity as there is far less booking competition. Hope all that makes sense.

Sean
Yes, and thank you all for your kind responses despite my seemingly constant confusion with all of this. I will say yes I do actually LOVE the "exclusivity" of HCNY and with that the ability to book for close in with almost no problems. Thanks to all again.

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
Thank you for really beneficial information.
1. HCNY is completely different animal. Don’t think combining points with any Hilton system.
2. There is a loophole which enable multi unit owners to book non home dHC or District with combined points.
3. The rule restricts owners to book home resort with greater point than actually own at home.

The loophole may be closed anytime. It is risk to purchase cheap district resale points to boost bHC points in order to book w. 57th.
Please advise if my understanding is correct.