• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of National Resort Title

Bjason02

Reaction score
I wanted to warn people about the shady business dealings of National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876. They are doing business on eBay as Travel 4 You (user name is Travel4you5). I am guessing that they may have multiple user names and/or change them frequently as their emails and eBay user seem to all be Travel4You plus a number. I purchased a HGVC timeshare from them on eBay (user name is Travel4you5). Kelly Gillispie from Travel 4 You sent me a contract and payment forms to complete. Throughout the process, I identified multiple red flags including his instances that I provide Travel 4 You my payment info and not the title company, inconsistencies in the documentation that he provided (multiple names on the payment forms, hand written estoppel with incorrect details, etc.). I then did some digging into the title company that he wanted to use, National Resort Title, and discovered multiple BBB complaints. I also discovered that Kelly was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services. This is an obvious conflict of interest as he was the seller and the person that I was supposed to send the escrow money to? When I asked Kelly about this he said he had no affiliation with National Resort Title but it was one of 3 title companies that they use. When I called National Resort Title nobody answered but I eventually received a call back from a women and from a different number stating she was with National Resort title (I think she said her name was Morgan but I could be mistaken) who said that National Resort Title was the "in house" title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn't received my file but explained the process to me. Later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be. There is no doubt in my mind that National Resort Title and Travel 4 You are the same company and Kelly Gillispie is an agent for both. When I provided the email evidence to Kelly that he was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services, he completely disengaged and wanted to cancel the contract. I offered to pay the full amount in the contract including the closing cost for National Resort Title if we used a separate escrow only service to hold my payment until the transaction was complete. He declined and backed out of the contract. A seller in a real estate transaction (which a deeded timeshare is considered) does not have the authority to require a buyer to use a specific title company especially if the buyer is paying the closing cost. Considering all of the potential red flags, specifically that Kelly is an agent of the seller and title company, I as the buyer felt I had the right to request a different title company but would have settled for a escrow only service where I know my money is protect if the deal falls through because the estoppel wasn't authentic/accurate or Hilton exercise its First right of refusal. National Resort Title did not grant me that right even though I would have paid for it myself and still paid the full closing amount to National Resort Title for the paperwork they completed. The only logical explanation is that this is a scam that I did not fall for, otherwise, they would allow the money to be escrowed somewhere else to ensure I am protected if it falls through. See below for a listing of all the red flags. It is a good list of things to look out for when by a timeshare through eBay. It is in somewhat chronological order to follow how I went from a few red flags to some major ones. At best this is a dishonest company that does not disclose they are forcing you to use themselves as the closing company where you are not actually sending your payment to an independent escrow account where you would not be at all protected if the deal falls through (and judging by the multiple BBB complaints against them, many have). At worst these are scammers who use multiple eBay names to take peoples money without any intentions on completing the contract.
  • He ended the auction 12:00 AM on Friday but his office and the title company were closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • He has been a member of eBay only since 2019. Have 84 feedback during that time but only 17 were from selling items and the rest from buying items. I am guessing it is small transactions to just beef up the rating but that is speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay. All the selling feedback with the exception of one item was from over 12 months ago. The only recent (within 6 months) selling feedback is neutral, not positive. My guess is because they held off on submitting feedback until close to the 60 day deadline and the transaction was still not complete and they were sure if it would be. Again, speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay.
  • The contract he sent made no mention of the escrow or refund process if the right of first refusal was exercised
  • He sent me an estoppel with all the details hand written that anyone could have created. It was not the official HGVC estoppel that is signed and authorized from Hilton as he stated you would provide to me
  • The fees he stated on your so called estoppel do not even appear to be accurate. The maintenance and transfer fees are set by Hilton and consistent based on the unit type. That is why I wanted to see the estoppel because I know what the maintenance and transfer fees should have been and wasn’t sure where your numbers were coming from.
  • He was pushy and continued to pressure me to pay immediately despite not directly answering the questions I was repeatedly asking or providing the requested documentation
  • The e-check one time authorization form he sent me to fill out was to give "Travel 4 You" the authorization to debit my checking account, not the title company even though he confirmed that I would pay the title company directly prior to me bidding so I should not be giving Travel 4 You authorization for payment
  • He was insistent that I send him the payment information and not directly to the title company
  • He then sent me the banking info to wire the money to the title company account instead of it coming directly from them
  • The title company never contact me directly
  • I placed 5 calls throughout various times on Monday 10/5/2020. Travel 4 You or National Resort Title never answered my calls and it always went to voicemail. This doesn’t include the calls I made on Sunday that I was not expecting an answer but just checking to see if by chance someone would answer since even though it was not during business hours since I was receiving info from them.
  • All the call backs that I received were from a different numbers. The returned call I got from Travel 4 You was a Utah number even though they were in TN. National Resort Tile also came from a different number compare to the number I called. They also only contacted me after I told Travel 4 You that I was waiting on a call from them which I then received minutes after telling him
  • The person I spoke with at the title company said that National Resort Title was the “in house” title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn’t received my file but later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be
  • Within minutes National Resort Title calling me, Travel 4 You emailed me stating that they have now called me and verified everything so I had to pay immediately
  • I then looked into National Resort Title a found they had 7 Better Business Bureau complaints against them
  • There are multiple addresses provided for National Resort Title, one appears to be for a gas station and the other for a commercial space that is available for rent.
  • I identified that Kelly Gillispie who had been contacting me from Travel 4 You was listed as a registered agent of National Resort Title that he wanted me to send the "escrow" money to which I was not comfortable with.
  • Kelly then declined my offer to use a separate escrow service even though I would have paid for it and I still would have paid the other closing cost in full and pulled out of the contract
  • Then he reposted another HGVC 7,000 point listing at eBay with nearly identical information
  • He never was able to explain any of the potentially shady actions but instead said "haha" and that the reposting was not identical as it was a 3 bedroom and not a 2 bedroom as he had before.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
These are old scammers:

They now have a live auction for a timeshare that they don't have:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Glad to see you didn’t get burned for much more than your time and a possible negative remark on your eBay reputation.

As @echino has pointed out, this is a well known scammer, and these auctions were actually the subject of a couple of discussions here on TUG.

I did notice that they relisted the week. It has the same week/unit number as the previous listing. The kicker is that this resort doesn’t have a specific week/unit on the deeds or estoppel. They give a percentage ownership as well as the season and unit size.

You should be glad you had the smarts to recognize the red flags and back out.

edited to add:

also, see this thread:

Last edited:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
You just saved me some time
I was trying to decide whether to bid

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to warn people about the shady business dealings of National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876. They are doing business on eBay as Travel 4 You (user name is Travel4you5). I am guessing that they may have multiple user names and/or change them frequently as their emails and eBay user seem to all be Travel4You plus a number. I purchased a HGVC timeshare from them on eBay (user name is Travel4you5). Kelly Gillispie from Travel 4 You sent me a contract and payment forms to complete. Throughout the process, I identified multiple red flags including his instances that I provide Travel 4 You my payment info and not the title company, inconsistencies in the documentation that he provided (multiple names on the payment forms, hand written estoppel with incorrect details, etc.). I then did some digging into the title company that he wanted to use, National Resort Title, and discovered multiple BBB complaints. I also discovered that Kelly was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services. This is an obvious conflict of interest as he was the seller and the person that I was supposed to send the escrow money to? When I asked Kelly about this he said he had no affiliation with National Resort Title but it was one of 3 title companies that they use. When I called National Resort Title nobody answered but I eventually received a call back from a women and from a different number stating she was with National Resort title (I think she said her name was Morgan but I could be mistaken) who said that National Resort Title was the "in house" title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn't received my file but explained the process to me. Later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be. There is no doubt in my mind that National Resort Title and Travel 4 You are the same company and Kelly Gillispie is an agent for both. When I provided the email evidence to Kelly that he was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services, he completely disengaged and wanted to cancel the contract. I offered to pay the full amount in the contract including the closing cost for National Resort Title if we used a separate escrow only service to hold my payment until the transaction was complete. He declined and backed out of the contract. A seller in a real estate transaction (which a deeded timeshare is considered) does not have the authority to require a buyer to use a specific title company especially if the buyer is paying the closing cost. Considering all of the potential red flags, specifically that Kelly is an agent of the seller and title company, I as the buyer felt I had the right to request a different title company but would have settled for a escrow only service where I know my money is protect if the deal falls through because the estoppel wasn't authentic/accurate or Hilton exercise its First right of refusal. National Resort Title did not grant me that right even though I would have paid for it myself and still paid the full closing amount to National Resort Title for the paperwork they completed. The only logical explanation is that this is a scam that I did not fall for, otherwise, they would allow the money to be escrowed somewhere else to ensure I am protected if it falls through. See below for a listing of all the red flags. It is a good list of things to look out for when by a timeshare through eBay. It is in somewhat chronological order to follow how I went from a few red flags to some major ones. At best this is a dishonest company that does not disclose they are forcing you to use themselves as the closing company where you are not actually sending your payment to an independent escrow account where you would not be at all protected if the deal falls through (and judging by the multiple BBB complaints against them, many have). At worst these are scammers who use multiple eBay names to take peoples money without any intentions on completing the contract.
  • He ended the auction 12:00 AM on Friday but his office and the title company were closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • He has been a member of eBay only since 2019. Have 84 feedback during that time but only 17 were from selling items and the rest from buying items. I am guessing it is small transactions to just beef up the rating but that is speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay. All the selling feedback with the exception of one item was from over 12 months ago. The only recent (within 6 months) selling feedback is neutral, not positive. My guess is because they held off on submitting feedback until close to the 60 day deadline and the transaction was still not complete and they were sure if it would be. Again, speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay.
  • The contract he sent made no mention of the escrow or refund process if the right of first refusal was exercised
  • He sent me an estoppel with all the details hand written that anyone could have created. It was not the official HGVC estoppel that is signed and authorized from Hilton as he stated you would provide to me
  • The fees he stated on your so called estoppel do not even appear to be accurate. The maintenance and transfer fees are set by Hilton and consistent based on the unit type. That is why I wanted to see the estoppel because I know what the maintenance and transfer fees should have been and wasn’t sure where your numbers were coming from.
  • He was pushy and continued to pressure me to pay immediately despite not directly answering the questions I was repeatedly asking or providing the requested documentation
  • The e-check one time authorization form he sent me to fill out was to give "Travel 4 You" the authorization to debit my checking account, not the title company even though he confirmed that I would pay the title company directly prior to me bidding so I should not be giving Travel 4 You authorization for payment
  • He was insistent that I send him the payment information and not directly to the title company
  • He then sent me the banking info to wire the money to the title company account instead of it coming directly from them
  • I placed 5 calls throughout various times on Monday 10/5/2020. Travel 4 You or National Resort Title never answered my calls and it always went to voicemail. This doesn’t include the calls I made on Sunday that I was not expecting an answer but just checking to see if by chance someone would answer since even though it was not during business hours since I was receiving info from them.
  • All the call backs that I received were from a different numbers. The returned call I got from Travel 4 You was a Utah number even though they were in TN. National Resort Tile also came from a different number compare to the number I called. They also only contacted me after I told Travel 4 You that I was waiting on a call from them which I then received minutes after telling him
  • The person I spoke with at the title company said that National Resort Title was the “in house” title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn’t received my file but later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be
  • Within minutes National Resort Title calling me, Travel 4 You emailed me stating that they have now called me and verified everything so I had to pay immediately
  • I then looked into National Resort Title a found they had 7 Better Business Bureau complaints against them
  • There are multiple addresses provided for National Resort Title, one appears to be for a gas station and the other for a commercial space that is available for rent.
  • I identified that Kelly Gillispie who had been contacting me from Travel 4 You was listed as a registered agent of National Resort Title that he wanted me to send the "escrow" money to which I was not comfortable with.
  • Kelly then declined my offer to use a separate escrow service even though I would have paid for it and I still would have paid the other closing cost in full and pulled out of the contract
  • Then he reposted another HGVC 7,000 point listing at eBay with nearly identical information
  • He never was able to explain any of the potentially shady actions but instead said "haha" and that the reposting was not identical as it was a 3 bedroom and not a 2 bedroom as he had before.

Good seller to stay away from......

Thanks for the heads up.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
They have a nice listing. Really interested in this but after reading this post...... lesson learned.

YosemiteGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I went ahead and purchased from them on eBay. I saw some of the same red flags, so called the title company, got their business license and insurance information. I then called their broker (I pulled their phone number from the insurance company's website and verified they had the proper licenses) and spoke to someone that informed me National Title did have both insurance and a bond which covered failure to perform / fraud / incomplete transactions. The bond was many times more than what I've got at risk.

It hasn't been very long and they just let me know that HGVC did not exercise FROR, and they've recorded the deed in Clark County Nevada and all that's left is for HGVC to process. They did provide me with a copy of the deed and all the names and HGVC information seem to be correct.

It is entirely possible that, from here, the whole thing falls apart. I just don't know - I didn't see these specific posts before I purchased (oops). I guess we are going to find out!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I went ahead and purchased from them on eBay. I saw some of the same red flags, so called the title company, got their business license and insurance information. I then called their broker (I pulled their phone number from the insurance company's website and verified they had the proper licenses) and spoke to someone that informed me National Title did have both insurance and a bond which covered failure to perform / fraud / incomplete transactions. The bond was many times more than what I've got at risk.

It hasn't been very long and they just let me know that HGVC did not exercise FROR, and they've recorded the deed in Clark County Nevada and all that's left is for HGVC to process. They did provide me with a copy of the deed and all the names and HGVC information seem to be correct.

It is entirely possible that, from here, the whole thing falls apart. I just don't know - I didn't see these specific posts before I purchased (oops). I guess we are going to find out!
Congratulations on your purchase and for your first post on TUG!

I'll go out on a limb here, but most reputable insurance companies won't give you information about their clients or their policies without explicit written authorization unless they are required to by statute. Are you sure you were speaking to an actual insurance company?

YosemiteGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thank you! I had an old account on here forever ago but life happened and I totally forgot.

Yes, I'm in construction and calling brokers to check active coverage is a "normal" thing for me. Maybe I surprised it out of the rep. I just called and said "hi I'm calling to check coverage on XXX." National Title just gave me the name of their Broker, no contact information, and I pulled the contact information myself.

So fingers crossed! I don't actually know if having a copy of recorded deed is a point in the resale process where things get safer, because this is my first resale process. Some way to jump in, right? Oy.

YosemiteGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Should have posted that info! Their broker is Burchfiel-Overbay & Associates out of Sevierville, and their bond is through Western Surety brokered through BOA.

I also just got on the Clark County Recorder's office website and was able to verify that the deed has been recorded with them, so is that kind of it? I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for what could possibly go wrong at this point. Thanks for all of your responses :)

Last edited:

YosemiteGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Wanted to come back and update - everything went through just fine, points were deposited into my HGVC account this morning. I agree, it felt a little weird, but timeshare real estate is its own beast. I would purchase from them again.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I would report them to Ebay's Fraud department

Reaction score
I won 2 bids on eBay for a timeshares from a seller with a user name Travel4you5. I called eBay to make sure that the customer was legit and that I was supposed to follow directions and contact them to purchase the item which is unusual for eBay. Usually you have to go through PayPal the representative at EBay told me that was correct but I had to contact them directly. They requested my personal email and had National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876 , The title company sent me a contract and a credit card form, and I paid one with a credit card and one with a check. Then I could never get in contact with the seller or the title company. I called over 40 times but never a call back. When I would get a email back it would tell me another step in the process and it will take more time. Finally after 3 months I started to do more research and found out that multiple people are having the same problem. The website tugboat.com had a forum with many victims sharing information. Listed there was Sevier County sheriffs office who I contacted and found out this company has a file already and I was told over 50 people have been deceived and most of the time this company tries to wait it out and not pay them their money back. I filed multiple complaints one with the MO attorney general office and received a response from the company saying they already credited my credit card and that they were sending a check for the one I had written a check for. I did receive a check but they have yet to credit the card back like they said they had done.