• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware - Consolidated Resorts Filed Bk [MERGED]

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I would think the concern would extend beyond the Developer payment of m/f on their inventory. Are the HOA's at these resorts still developer controlled?

And when I stayed there last Sept, I thought development at that site was not complete. I distinctly remember talking to a couple that had bought at TV, but whose building had not been built yet.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kahana Villa Vacation Club - should I walk away?

Sometime has passed since the last postings regarding this thread. A few days ago I won an ebay sale of a 2BR EOY at the Kahana Villa Vacation Club. Being an older resort, should this be a relatively safe buy? Has anyone heard anything new regarding the bankrupcy and whether there truly is a disconnect between the management company and the developer?
I didn't pay a lot for the week but the closing and transfer fees still amount to an amount I wouldn't want to lose. My first week of usage doesn't start until 2011. Hoping someone can shine some light.
Steve

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometime has passed since the last postings regarding this thread. A few days ago I won an ebay sale of a 2BR EOY at the Kahana Villa Vacation Club. Being an older resort, should this be a relatively safe buy? Has anyone heard anything new regarding the bankrupcy and whether there truly is a disconnect between the management company and the developer?
I didn't pay a lot for the week but the closing and transfer fees still amount to an amount I wouldn't want to lose. My first week of usage doesn't start until 2011. Hoping someone can shine some light.
Steve

You'll probably be ok with this property. We own at another property managed by them and everything is working great. The Hawaii properties are under the management company, with was not involved in the financial problems. I posted earlier some concerns, however, all has worked out well.
Hope this helps.

Marty

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
Consolidated Resorts in Wall Street Journal today

A battle is brewing over the remains of an ill-fated time-share investment made in 2007 by a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. real-estate fund.

Earlier this year, Goldman's Whitehall Street Global Real Estate Limited Partnership 2007 walked away from its $372 million investment in Consolidated Resorts Inc., a Las Vegas time-share developer with resorts in Las Vegas, Orlando, and Hawaii. Consolidated filed for liquidation under Chapter 7 of the bankruptcy code in July.

But the bankruptcy trustee's plan to market the assets has run into opposition from Arthur Spector, the longtime head of Consolidated, who stayed with the company after the Goldman deal and signed the bankruptcy petition. ASNY Co. LLC, a company owned by Mr. Spector, filed a brief last month challenging the marketing plan. The brief drew a scathing response from the trustee, William A. Leonard Jr. "A cynic might accuse ASNY of working against the coordinated sales process for a very selfish goal-to drive down the value of the Estates' assets so that it can pick up the pieces through a disjointed, unorganized process for 'a steal,"' Mr. Leonard wrote in a court filing Nov. 15.

Mr. Leonard says he hopes the sales procedures for the Consolidated assets will be determined at a hearing Thursday. Mr. Spector didn't return a call requesting comment.