• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to sell Timeshare? Confused

Livinlarge970

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a timeshare with Marriott, its points not weeks and with Hilton which is also Points not weeks.

Both have loans

spoke to Sellmytimeshare.com rep who quoted me a range that would cover my loan and possibly get some equity out of it. They quoted a Fee of $1,400 to $1,800 to do it all, but did not ask if it was upfront or on the back end, don't mind paying the fee for the service to take care of it all.

But is there a better way, I see a lot of positive comments about eBay?? any other legit services out there I can call. I am to busy to do it myself and don't mind paying someone a fee to handle it all, like a real estate agent would.

Please advise, thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not use any company that charges upfront fees - to get you to commit, they quote prices that are far above the actual resale value, collect their upfront fee, and then your (over priced) listing just sits on their webpage and doesn't sell.

You will probably have to pay your timeshare off to sell it, because resale prices are far below developer prices.

There are reputable brokers out there, but you will have to pay it off to sell it, and unless it is nearly paid off now, it is extremely unlikely that you will make a profit.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
best bet is to start here before you make any decisions at all

http://sell.tug2.net

and if you want to choose a broker to do it for you, ensure you pick one that only works on commission and is paid AFTER the sale is completed...anyone else is looking to extract money from you.

http://ltrba.com

Livinlarge970

TUG Member
Reaction score
best bet is to start here before you make any decisions at all

http://sell.tug2.net

and if you want to choose a broker to do it for you, ensure you pick one that only works on commission and is paid AFTER the sale is completed...anyone else is looking to extract money from you.

http://ltrba.com

So In the article of how to sell my timeshare it mentions a members only area (which I am) where you can see successful resales. Where is it, Ive been looking for the last half hour. Help :)

Livinlarge970

TUG Member
Reaction score
After posting, I went to the Tug marketplace and ebay and actual price seems to be around $3.50 to $4/point which is about half of what I was quoted from the SMTS.com folks. Hmmmm...... I think there is truth to what you people on Tug are saying. Which sucks was hoping to get this thing sold.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's how the upfront fee companies work - they suck you in by promising a high resale value, take your money, and then nothing happens because your timeshare is priced too high. They don't care if it sells or not, because you already paid them!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So In the article of how to sell my timeshare it mentions a members only area (which I am) where you can see successful resales. Where is it, Ive been looking for the last half hour. Help :)

sales and rental history records are located on each resort review page. browse to the resort you want to look at and along the left hand side navigation bar you will see "sales/rental history" http://tug2.com

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
After posting, I went to the Tug marketplace and ebay and actual price seems to be around $3.50 to $4/point which is about half of what I was quoted from the SMTS.com folks. Hmmmm...... I think there is truth to what you people on Tug are saying. Which sucks was hoping to get this thing sold.

certainly hard to get you to pay thousands of dollars by telling you the truth!

Nancy Evenson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Calypso Cay
I'm posting my timeshare for sale on this site, what is ad title and ad description?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ad title is the title you want to give your Ad.

I'd put 2 or 3 key facts: Season - unit size - etc.

The description should tell as much as possible about what you have for sell - a well organized, descriptive paragraph:

Resort name
Unit size
Occupancy
Maintenance fee
Your experience trading it
Any positive info.

Centurion

Reaction score
I'm posting my timeshare for sale on this site, what is ad title and ad description?
Also Nancy, if you have any upcoming reservations and wish to include those in your sale you are much more likely to get your offering price (or close to it) and attract a faster sale. This time of year paying maintenance fees and opening up the usage for the fee to the new owner is attractive as well. Good luck!! :)