• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to Max my value of a 3BR Gold Grand Vista

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Hey Everyone

I know this topic has been covered before but its my first time doing trades/swaps, etc. and just need to know the best course of action.
We own a 2 BR plat Harbour lake and we like to use that at Christmas time (here right now actually). We also bought a 3 BR Grand Vista to use 5-6 years from now when my son gets older and wants to start bringing friends on trips.

So in the meantime , i want to max out my trading value of the unit. Like the title says, its a 3-Bedroom, Gold, Florida Club week at Grand Vista. We love Palm Beach, Marco Island, and have not yet been to Panama City. We also love Hilton Head (live in FL so we can drive there), would like to get up to Williamsburg, and get on a plane and fly to CO to hit up Breckenridge or Vail resorts.

We are also open to trading for non-Marriott resorts but we know we have to join I.I, and pay a transfer fee.

Those of you that are slick traders (I've read some really interesting posts about what people get out of their swaps) please chime in with the best course of action and what you think the fees would be total. My MF fees on this week went up to about $1800 so ideally we want to get 2-3 vacations out of the week (unless we got some really awesome place for a week that would normally be $400+night).

We also hit Platinum status this week so we'll have that for 2019 as well (if that matters).

Thank you as always!!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I know this topic has been covered before but its my first time doing trades/swaps, etc. and just need to know the best course of action.
We own a 2 BR plat Harbour lake and we like to use that at Christmas time (here right now actually). We also bought a 3 BR Grand Vista to use 5-6 years from now when my son gets older and wants to start bringing friends on trips.

So in the meantime , i want to max out my trading value of the unit. Like the title says, its a 3-Bedroom, Gold, Florida Club week at Grand Vista. We love Palm Beach, Marco Island, and have not yet been to Panama City. We also love Hilton Head (live in FL so we can drive there), would like to get up to Williamsburg, and get on a plane and fly to CO to hit up Breckenridge or Vail resorts.

We are also open to trading for non-Marriott resorts but we know we have to join I.I, and pay a transfer fee.

Those of you that are slick traders (I've read some really interesting posts about what people get out of their swaps) please chime in with the best course of action and what you think the fees would be total. My MF fees on this week went up to about $1800 so ideally we want to get 2-3 vacations out of the week (unless we got some really awesome place for a week that would normally be $400+night).

We also hit Platinum status this week so we'll have that for 2019 as well (if that matters).

Thank you as always!!
Reward status shouldn't matter. Obviously there are a lot of options available to you. For purposes or recommendations, I'm assuming this is not an enrolled week and that you HL week is not either. Here are a few thoughts. For sake of discussion I'll assume you want a 2 BR but can do a 1 BR at times unless specified otherwise.

I would always lock it off if trading, I would not deposit the entire 3 BR to II. You should consider joining II if you're going to trade 1-2 times a year or more on average in this situation. You should reserve the best week you can and deposit at least 10 months in advance, 12-13 months even better. For II exchanges having a request in well before 13 months out will improve your chances significantly. It's OK to "shoot for the moon" at times, just have a backup plan that you're confident in. You should consider trying to trade up where possible including for the week you own at HL. The gold season is somewhat limiting, esp for Legend's edge. Gold and silver weeks will be a fairly easy trade for most options. You should be able to trade up in unit size and/or season quite commonly if you plan and are proactive. I'd always book a good week to give you options even if you plan to exchange or use the FL club later. You CAN go back and split a 2 BR late if you need to but you'll have the L/O fee and change fee.

You could do any of the following and much more.

• Florida Club some example of options
    • Reserve at any of the other FL club resorts in season at 6 or in some cases, 7 months out for a 3 BR for those that have them (no view restrictions).
    • Reserve a 2 BR in season (Gold) plus a studio a different week, different resort, home resort in season.
    • What you can't technically do as I understand it, but some have pulled it off, is reserve a 2 BR then later lock it off getting 3 weeks out of the 3 BR.
    • Use part and deposit part.
    • Do split stays with 3 days at one resort and 4 at another.
  • II Exchange
    • Exchange 2 BR for a different season, hopefully higher one.
    • Exchange studio for a larger unit and/or different season.
    • Exchange 2 BR back to Orlando for the week you own for more time, more flexibility or to get more/better deposits in II. Say you take the studio and trade for a 2 BR back at HL your for your preferred week then you lockoff and deposit your HL week giving you 2 deposits that are stronger than the one you used or a 2 BR deposit that's stronger than your GV 2 BR (though still not top trading power).
    • I would stick to Marriott to Marriott trades where possible in this situation.
    • Trade to other Marriott resorts not in the FL club.
  • Forego II and deposit with one or more of the Independent exchange companies though that would not be my suggestion unless you're rarely exchanging.
Even when you need more volume this process will likely work better than using your 3 BR as a single entity. I'd rather have two 2 BR (or even a 2 BR + a 1BR) and pay an extra $300 (one exchange & II membership) roughly per year than a single 3 BR. And with your HL week you can parlay the 2 together to get more time at one resort, more time, more deposits, etc. Here's a specific example to get you thinking, I know it's a little complicated but it does represent the info you need your head around to do this well.

Let's say you and the wife want to go to HI for 3 weeks one year instead of to Orlando and you've joined II and listed BOTH of these ownerships when you did (hint hint). It's just the 2 of you so you're OK with a studio but prefer a 1 BR or better. You reserve the best weeks you can for HL & GV and deposit a soon as you can at 12-13 months out OR you place your request for the special Marriott to Marriott II request first option if you want to keep other options open. You take the GV 2 BR and request Ko Olina requiring a full kitchen & 4 people giving you a 1 BR or better. You take a studio (maybe both for 2 requests) and request Maui studio with etrade option and try to retrade it later to a larger unit. You take the 1 BR HL and request a 1 BR or greater on Kauai. You call II and make sure they have it that you can only take the check in days you want ? Saturday (can do this later after you get one week also). Once you match something, you modify the dates on the remaining requests to match the weeks that now fit and so on. Specifically I'd request a 3 to 5 week range with Ko Olina being in the middle and request Maui & Kauai the 2 weeks before and after then once you get the second week you modify the remaining request accordingly. Or you could pick a more difficult option like Maui and not even start the other trades until you got that one. 3 weeks in HI for roughly $650 above dues (ignoring size upgrades costs) and you still have a studio deposit left.

Or for GV you could go through II and trade your GV studio for a 2 BR, HL studio and 1 BR for a 2 BR and have as many as four 2 BR at one time or consecutively. Total cost above dues in the range of just under $1100 because I included the unit upgrade fees for all to 2BR units.

Again lots of variables and options, I've just scratched the surface here. If you give us more specifics we could likely give you more information. Flexibility is the key but that's such a nebulous term. For me Flexible means you could take a number of resorts over a many week period possible in smaller unit sizes, not a single resort over a 2 or 3 week period for a larger unit. Good luck on your journey to learn more and make the most of your ownership. For me this is as much the thrill of the chase as it is a vacation options at least for my trading ownerships.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, thank you Dean for the long response.

Some key notes: I mentioned we have a small child, so it won't be the 2 of us ever traveling.
Hawaii is not an option - too far. Breckenridge is as far as we are going, maybe Arizona for the Grand Canyon too ( I have a friend who can get me some cheap nights at the JW out there).

I read over your post, a lot of it didn't make sense to me unfortunately. like for example:
  • Reserve a 2 BR in season (Gold) plus a studio a different week, different resort, home resort in season.
Different Resort, Home Resort in season?

We are open to split stays, if we'll net more than a week.

Our goal is to get multiple trips out of the 3 bedroom. We don't have much interest in staying at Grand Vista this year (or next year) but if we had to, we would use the 2 br and exchange the studio for whatever we can get (even a non-marriott in Hilton Head would appeal to us).

Harbour Lake is booked, we're staying Dec 20-27th and doing Christmas there. So I'm only open to moving the GV unit.

Only way I would do 1 week for 1 week would be some awesome place in the mountains during snow season. Otherwise, looking to get 2 weeks minimum out of our GV unit with little (if any) out of pocket fees. (that's why FL Club was important when we bough it).
Sounds to me that FL Club option is a great idea where I Could reserve a 2 Bedroom at Ocean pointe and use it (or rent it for close to MF fees) and then offer up the studio at GV for an exchange for just about anything in driving distance that appeals to us?

(We live in SW FL and work in Miami as well - Prefer Ocean Pointe over Beachplace)

Thanks for your help so far!!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you are view restricted when booking a 2BR portion of a 3BR at Ocean Pointe. You can only book the 2BR OF unit that has the two twin beds in the second bedroom. While this is definitely the case online I am not 100% sure that you can't book a different 2BR unit by calling, but I doubt it. Using a regular 2BR has more flexibility. For example a rep can actually choose OS or OF when booking a regular 2BR LE or GV ownership, which increases the availability at 6 months out.

In either case, for trading Ocean Pointe or Beach Place will do. GV is ok but the trading power will not be as high as the other two.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep in mind that you are view restricted when booking a 2BR portion of a 3BR at Ocean Pointe. You can only book the 2BR OF unit that has the two twin beds in the second bedroom. While this is definitely the case online I am not 100% sure that you can't book a different 2BR unit by calling, but I doubt it. Using a regular 2BR has more flexibility. For example a rep can actually choose OS or OF when booking a regular 2BR LE or GV ownership, which increases the availability at 6 months out.

Can you elaborate on this more? I haven't exchanged before and still learning.

I should break up the 3BR GV and book the 'master suite' option at ocean Pointe using the FL club option right? But you're saying I should call instead so that a rep can reserve me an Oceanfront unit, which would be better in the exchange/freemarket rent realm? and then either use my remaining GV studio, exchange that, or even book a Beachplace/Ocean Pointe studio and free market rent it (too crammed for me, wife, 4 year old for a week so we won't use a studio).

Thank you!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, thank you Dean for the long response.

Some key notes: I mentioned we have a small child, so it won't be the 2 of us ever traveling.

Hawaii is not an option - too far. Breckenridge is as far as we are going, maybe Arizona for the Grand Canyon too ( I have a friend who can get me some cheap nights at the JW out there).

For a small child, a studio might also be workable depending. I knew it was a lot but if you're going to do this well and to your advantage, you need to be able to write such a post and easily understand the principles. But it'll take you a little time to get there. Hawaii was an example of how you could do it, I wanted you to see how you could parlay with exchanges by moving up in resort, size and season but that you don't want to be so greedy that it you end up with no options that are workable. Sometimes I get a little wordy but hopefully it helped some. At this point I think you're thinking more literal and you need to understand the specifics but I also wanted you to dream and think outside your box some, upgrade at every term, get 4 weeks a year in a 1 BR or studio. But I also want you to think about the realities, costs and limitations. Basically ask for the best and plan for the worst scenario.

I read over your post, a lot of it didn't make sense to me unfortunately. like for example:

Different Resort, Home Resort in season?

We are open to split stays, if we'll net more than a week.

I was referring to the FL club usage. You could use your 2 BR at say Doral and the studio at OP. Or the 2 BR one week and the studio a second week at OP. Let's say you wanted to go to OP for 2 weeks. You reserve the studio one week and the 2 BR the next using the FL club. You then try to trade the studio for a larger unit that matches the week(s) you need. While I haven't done it, I've seen indications you might even be able to build the size upgrade into your II request.

Our goal is to get multiple trips out of the 3 bedroom. We don't have much interest in staying at Grand Vista this year (or next year) but if we had to, we would use the 2 br and exchange the studio for whatever we can get (even a non-marriott in Hilton Head would appeal to us).

I was more thinking over a numbers of years not just this year. If you're not tied to the school calendar, you should be able to get HH in a Marriott, likely even one of the top 3 there. And you might even be able to trade the studio for a 2 BR (upgrade fee) if you can truly travel off season. There's not much in II for non Marriott's on HH and the increased exchange fee isn't worth it in this situation IMO. Note: If you put in an exchange request and it includes both Marriott and non Marriott options, you'll pay the higher exchange fee even if you match to a Marriott. There's Myrtle Beach as well. I own at Legend's Edge and I wouldn't trade the 2 BR there, maybe the studio for a 2 BR though.

Harbour Lake is booked, we're staying Dec 20-27th and doing Christmas there. So I'm only open to moving the GV unit.
What if you trade the studio at GV for a 2 BR at HL through II then deposited the HL either as a 2 BR or the 2 separate components? You'd have potentially more weeks to travel later and potentially upgraded deposits.

Only way I would do 1 week for 1 week would be some awesome place in the mountains during snow season. Otherwise, looking to get 2 weeks minimum out of our GV unit with little (if any) out of pocket fees. (that's why FL Club was important when we bough it).

Sounds to me that FL Club option is a great idea where I Could reserve a 2 Bedroom at Ocean pointe and use it (or rent it for close to MF fees) and then offer up the studio at GV for an exchange for just about anything in driving distance that appeals to us?

(We live in SW FL and work in Miami as well - Prefer Ocean Pointe over Beachplace)

Thanks for your help so far!!
You won't get those hit the lottery options if you don't ask but you won't get them very often or at all if you don't truly plan ahead and maximize your options including a fall back plan. Remember you'll likely get the lowest demand option on your exchange list so one of the ways I do this is list only the top options earlier and later add more realistic easier to get options. Or I ask for those high end options for this year knowing I can use that deposit next year for an easier option if needed. Remember you can also deposit the FL club reservation in II. Personally I think it's usually a wash that having the extra 6 months lead time is good but you can potentially get higher trade power options to deposit with II for OP or BP than GV even when you consider the lower power of those weeks due to the shorter lead time to the reservation. Which is best for you depends on the specifics.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this more? I haven't exchanged before and still learning.

I should break up the 3BR GV and book the 'master suite' option at ocean Pointe using the FL club option right? But you're saying I should call instead so that a rep can reserve me an Oceanfront unit, which would be better in the exchange/freemarket rent realm? and then either use my remaining GV studio, exchange that, or even book a Beachplace/Ocean Pointe studio and free market rent it (too crammed for me, wife, 4 year old for a week so we won't use a studio).

Thank you!
I think he's saying that online it only allows you to book the 2 BR portion of a 3 BR but you could also book the 2 BR lockoff by calling. OF is great but the second BR has the twin beds. It also would give you access to weeks that might not be available OF since there are only a few OF 3 BR and they can go more quickly.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean gives great advice. Some observations based on owning GV 2BR platinum. Go see if any of the weeks for gold have a high TDI in interval. If so, I would lock off and deposit into II. GV studios with high TDI trade like 2BR units and easily get 2 and even 3 BR units. You have to pay the upsize fees, but sometimes, who cares. There re also some real strange things with the Florida Club such as the value of a Fort Lauderdale studio with a high TDI. Same comments as GV studio.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean gives great advice. Some observations based on owning GV 2BR platinum. Go see if any of the weeks for gold have a high TDI in interval. If so, I would lock off and deposit into II. GV studios with high TDI trade like 2BR units and easily get 2 and even 3 BR units. You have to pay the upsize fees, but sometimes, who cares. There re also some real strange things with the Florida Club such as the value of a Fort Lauderdale studio with a high TDI. Same comments as GV studio.
I tend to think the OP Gold weeks have the higher trade power (TDI doesn't exactly + trade power unless on the same chart) but you're giving up 6 months lead time which will reduce the trade power a little AND give you 6 months less to work with.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with your post. I was just giving information. Of course you wouldn't give up a good GV studio, but if you are looking for other options....

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with your post. I was just giving information. Of course you wouldn't give up a good GV studio, but if you are looking for other options....
Sure, I didn't think you were. I was simply expanding not he point. It gets a little complicated for the specifics. I'm all about giving myself options to the extra 6 months could be helpful in some cases, not in others. But I believe that OP esp can yield sufficient trade power in some cases to give up the extra time.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, thank you everyone, this is what I need.

I think for 2019, I'm sort of in a rush to get something booked as the weeks are mostly gone now. I want to either get my 2-3 weeks of vacation or just rent it this year for a little over my $1850 MF and worry about it next year. I had another thread going and it sounds like I can get a rental of close to $2k or maybe make 2 reservations, rent the 2 bed for $1500 and then exchange the studio for something on II?

Should I hurry up and book a week or do the II request first to see what exchange options i'm given?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

I think for 2019, I'm sort of in a rush to get something booked as the weeks are mostly gone now. I want to either get my 2-3 weeks of vacation or just rent it this year for a little over my $1850 MF and worry about it next year. I had another thread going and it sounds like I can get a rental of close to $2k or maybe make 2 reservations, rent the 2 bed for $1500 and then exchange the studio for something on II?

Should I hurry up and book a week or do the II request first to see what exchange options i'm given?
An exchange first will guarantee you get your week back if no match is made. If I will use my week if I don’t get a match I always use request first. If I know I definitely will not use the week I am trading I deposit it to have the highest trading power stay with it even if I don’t get a match for my first request.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

You might struggle to get it rented even for the fees. I'd get the best week you can for later in the year, that's week 47 if available. Otherwise I'd get a week 40-50 (later better than earlier) and not do 35-39. The spring weeks of 18-21 are likely higher trade power the but lead time is a big issue there IMO for 2019, maybe for 2020 or beyond. If it were me I'd deposit but I'd think ahead how I was going to use them. If the extra 4-6 months gained on when the deposit expires would seem to be of true benefit to me, I'd to MGV week 47 and if not available, weeks 46-50 then week 40-45. I probably would not do weeks 35-39 unless there were NO other options. IF the extra time to expiration isn't a big plus to you, I'd wait and try to get OP for week 26-33, preferably 27 or after not 26. That will give you the highest trade power likely even accounting for the shorter lead time. I'd do this for both the 2 BR and studio but you might end up with different weeks or even different resorts for deposit depending on your preferences and availability.

Let me tell you how I arrived at those recommendations. First you need to understand that TPI is not standardized across regions. A 120 in one graph has little to nothing to do with 120 in another graph. RCI's TPU on the other hand are standardized even between resorts in some cases. So I cross referenced the MGV weeks calendar for Gold, II's TDI for GV and OP and RCI's TPU's for Palm Beach Shores and The Fountains as reasonable comparisons. I did not look at Doral or Beachplace but those are valid considerations as well. I also have some inherent knowledge of how some of the points systems value weeks in these ares. Often I look at the points charts for Bluegreen and Wyndham as well as rental rate charts for a given area but I didn't look at those here.

I'd make your choice and go ahead and deposit unless unless you'll use it if you don't match. I'd pay the lockoff fee and split it into 2. If you'll use it, ? at OP, I might do otherwise or a combination. I'd then immediately start planning how you'll use them. One thing to try right off the bat is to take the studio (whatever you get) and put in a request for your Orlando preference(s) for 2019 for the larger unit. Then you'd have the option of more time, more space for family/friends, renting the owned week or depositing the 2 BR you own using the exchange instead. So make sure you add both ownerships when you join II. But start to think and plan and start searches that fits your needs/wants with everything you deposit NOW even if it's pie in the sky options. Higher end options that come to mind based on your posts include Aruba, St. Kitts, Crystal Shores, HHI, MB, Boston, Williamsburg, even Legend's Edge but only using the studio for LE. For exchanges you're not limited to just the Gold seasons at other resorts. If you're aggressive and proactive, you can do a LOT with the 2 weeks and up to 4 deposits. Unfortunately you don't have the 13 month reservation option if you own a HL Platinum Plus.

An exchange first will guarantee you get your week back if no match is made. If I will use my week if I don’t get a match I always use request first. If I know I definitely will not use the week I am trading I deposit it to have the highest trading power stay with it even if I don’t get a match for my first request.
Absolutely agree though it sounds unlikely Beachspace will not use those weeks at GV, maybe at OP. I'll point out that if you do the request first later there are some nuances one should understand, esp for the special Marriott request first where you can search request first after your dates. You need to call to do so, you need to understand and designate what happens when 75 days out hits you haven't matched and you need to understand what it does to you trade power and search if you convert by depositing it later.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying that online it only allows you to book the 2 BR portion of a 3 BR but you could also book the 2 BR lockoff by calling. OF is great but the second BR has the twin beds. It also would give you access to weeks that might not be available OF since there are only a few OF 3 BR and they can go more quickly.

I don't even think a rep can book the 2BR OS with a 3BR GV ownership but I haven't tried.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't even think a rep can book the 2BR OS with a 3BR GV ownership but I haven't tried.
My understanding is they could but I haven't done it because I don't have a 3 BR. But I did read an article somewhere (non Marriott but about Marriott) that specifically that FL club reservations were not tied to view type. We've also seen reports of people doing so then calling and splitting the 2 BR essentially getting 3 units out of the 3BR. My understanding is this isn't supposed to happen but it has at least some in the past. But even if true yesterday, it might change tomorrow.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd to MGV week 47 and if not available, weeks 46-50 then week 40-45. I probably would not do weeks 35-39 unless there were NO other options.

Thank you so much for your help Dean!

Week 47 is available (FRI check in through Black Friday check out) for my 3 Bedroom. #47 is not available for my studio or my full villa lockoff, and the master suite isn't available either (which is the 2bedroom for me right?). But the next 3 weekends are available for check in for a week in those 3-options.

For ocean pointe, only Week 22-25 is available for my 3 Bedroom and my 2 Bedroom. and for my studio at OP, only 23-25 is available. Someone mentioned in my other thread that a 3bed OF at OceanPointe would easily rent for $2k, which would net me $150 in profit and make me happy (despite not having the multiple trips. I wouldn't have to join II this year, pay upgrade fees, etc.)
At Beachplace, my studio is only available during the weeks in MAY. No 2 bedrooms available in Beachplace.
For Doral, only a 2bed available in the weeks of MAY as well.
Nothing at Legends Edge.

Oh, and my 2020 calendar is open now...

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help Dean!

Week 47 is available (FRI check in through Black Friday check out) for my 3 Bedroom. #47 is not available for my studio or my full villa lockoff, and the master suite isn't available either (which is the 2bedroom for me right?). But the next 3 weekends are available for check in for a week in those 3-options.

For ocean pointe, only Week 22-25 is available for my 3 Bedroom and my 2 Bedroom. and for my studio at OP, only 23-25 is available. Someone mentioned in my other thread that a 3bed OF at OceanPointe would easily rent for $2k, which would net me $150 in profit and make me happy (despite not having the multiple trips. I wouldn't have to join II this year, pay upgrade fees, etc.)
At Beachplace, my studio is only available during the weeks in MAY. No 2 bedrooms available in Beachplace.
For Doral, only a 2bed available in the weeks of MAY as well.
Nothing at Legends Edge.

Oh, and my 2020 calendar is open now...
Of those choices personally I'd do week 25 at OP if the extra 5 months doesn't affect your future plans and I was going to use it or week 48 for GV as separate units. For rental I'd do OP wk 25 2BR & studio first choice, 3 BR wk 25 second and GV week 48 third. Did you call or just look online? You might do this by call in and get the 3 BR with the option to lock off later, I know I've been able to do that with the 2 BR at times. I'm not totally sure how this works with the 3 BR but since I think all 3 BR are L/O for both resorts, that option may be built in.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Of those choices personally I'd do week 25 at OP if the extra 5 months doesn't affect your future plans and I was going to use it or week 48 for GV as separate units. For rental I'd do OP wk 25 2BR & studio first choice, 3 BR wk 25 second and GV week 48 third. Did you call or just look online?
So instead of doing the 3 BR and renting it out on Redweek, you're saying to get 2 reservations at OP - a 2 bed and a studio, and list them both for rent? (and try an exchange too or you can't do both? it says 'deposit into II' as an option)

Also, what do you mean by 'if the extra5 months doesn't affect your future plans'? The booking is for this June and I don't plan to use a studio at OP or anything at GV this year. I would consider Doral or Beachplace but neither had weeks available and i don't want to join II just to 'try' for an exchange that i'm not really clamoring for.

At this point I'd rather get $2k in some way or get $1500 and then do a studio exchange some place cool like HHI in March and pay the upgrade fee.

Thanks again Dean, you've been amazing!

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Of those choices personally I'd do week 25 at OP if the extra 5 months doesn't affect your future plans and I was going to use it or week 48 for GV as separate units. For rental I'd do OP wk 25 2BR & studio first choice, 3 BR wk 25 second and GV week 48 third. Did you call or just look online? You might do this by call in and get the 3 BR with the option to lock off later, I know I've been able to do that with the 2 BR at times. I'm not totally sure how this works with the 3 BR but since I think all 3 BR are L/O for both resorts, that option may be built in.

Update: Thank you to everyone, (especially DEAN) for your replies. Since I waited so long to book (not knowing when the calendar opened), I took Dean's idea and booked the most prime week I could for Ocean Pointe (Used my FL Club option) and just decided to get a 3Bedroom vs a studio at one, 2 bed at another, exchanging one, renting the other, etc.
So I booked it, put it on Redweek for $100 less than the next cheapest for June and rented it in 3 weeks for $2250. After Redweek fees and the $1850 MF, I 'net' about $250...so very pleased!
And if anyone has a studio/1bedroom at Ocean Pointe for mid-late June, let me know, the renter needs an additional unit.

Thank you everyone!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Thank you to everyone, (especially DEAN) for your replies. Since I waited so long to book (not knowing when the calendar opened), I took Dean's idea and booked the most prime week I could for Ocean Pointe (Used my FL Club option) and just decided to get a 3Bedroom vs a studio at one, 2 bed at another, exchanging one, renting the other, etc.
So I booked it, put it on Redweek for $100 less than the next cheapest for June and rented it in 3 weeks for $2250. After Redweek fees and the $1850 MF, I 'net' about $250...so very pleased!
And if anyone has a studio/1bedroom at Ocean Pointe for mid-late June, let me know, the renter needs an additional unit.

Thank you everyone!
I'm glad that worked out for you and thanks for following up, it's always very helpful.