• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to get rid of a Diamond timeshare

stars4sky

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Grand Chateau
Stars, anything you got to attend the presentation is yours to keep. I hope your contract info is on paper. If it is on the tablet and you did Docusign, then things may be a little more complex. You should have the contract number in your possession in order to cancel the contract. The rescission instructions would be in the contract, including the number of days they allow. In any event, recessions are governed by state law in the state you signed the contract. And understand this: no one at the Diamond sales office will give you any information or assistance in cancelling your contract. They only want a sale and a rescission is their last wish.

I do have the contract in paper, thank goodness! I just need to find out where to dump the worthless tablet they gave me and a couple extra certificates post purchase. I really hope not in the sales office coz I’d dread to see them again. Haha

jfalkingham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do have the contract in paper, thank goodness! I just need to find out where to dump the worthless tablet they gave me and a couple extra certificates post purchase. I really hope not in the sales office coz I’d dread to see them again. Haha

Any freebies they gave to you at the presentation are yours to keep.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond
a good template is here. The rescission period depends on the state your purchased.

Follow the instructions in your paperwork as exact. Send USPS certified. Unless DRI requests in the rescission instructions, no need to send priority mail or return receipt requested. If you need me to take a look at your paperwork and rescission letter, PM me. Ideally, you should send out the rescission paperwork tonight or tomorrow morning.

I have DRI which I bought for $1. I personally like Wyndham or Vacation Village better, all of which I bought for $1.

Can I ask where did you find it for $1 ?

We are trying to get rid of our parents timeshare and that is exactly what we want to do (it's completely paid off).

We don't want people to think it is a scam .

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can find countless timeshares for sale on the resale market for $1, including hundreds in the TUG marketplace alone.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, This question how been pose to me about a timeshare selling at Massanutten Regal Vista for $1.00.

Is their a mortgage on the timeshare or is the timeshare mortgage paid in full?

Would the new owner assume the mortgage, if there is a mortgage?

I could not answer these questions . We purchased a resale timeshare for less than 98% of the developers price. The timeshare did not have a mortgage on it.

We purchased two deeded weeks for less than $6000.0. Thanks to DavidM.
Years ago.

Last edited: