• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best transfer company to transfer a deed

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Who is the best transfer company out there? Need to transfer a deed out of my deceased mothers name into mine. TIA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is who I use - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive compared to other companies. I have used them for Wyndham deed transfers:

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
+1 for LT Transfers, we used them and were very happy with their service and communication.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Why wouldn't you use Ovations (I think they call it Legacy). I thought Wyndham took care of family transfers (in your situation) for no fees. Sorry for your loss.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you use Ovations (I think they call it Legacy). I thought Wyndham took care of family transfers (in your situation) for no fees. Sorry for your loss.
LT Transfers charges under $200 in closing plus the Wyndham $299 resort transfer fee. It may be worth the additional $200 not to deal direct with Wyndham unless the OP has VIP benefits tied to this ownership.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
They told me I need to transfer the deed into my name. I am the executor, but since my mother had no assets, and there was no will, the timeshare was the only "asset", I'm wondering since it's considered real estate, if I need to go Probate. I'm listed as executor on the wyndham page, but they won't do the transfer for some reason

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They told me I need to transfer the deed into my name. I am the executor, but since my mother had no assets, and there was no will, the timeshare was the only "asset", I'm wondering since it's considered real estate, if I need to go Probate. I'm listed as executor on the wyndham page, but they won't do the transfer for some reason
What resort is the deed at? If it is a higher maintenance fee deed let it go. If you have VIP benefits attached to it you may want to keep it and transfer it into your name.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I've heard that before. Until it's in your name, they cannot transfer the account to you. It's their standard practice that the deed has to be in your name. Otherwise, you could walk away at any time. Did she have VIP status? If not, what resort did she own? Both of those questions are important in deciding whether or not to take on the financial commitment. If she has VIP, I would recommend keeping it if you can afford the monthly payments and can use it. She invested a lot of money into it, and it can enhance your ownership. I would suggest you handle the transfer part through Wyndham after the deed has been recorded in your name. That's the only way you will retain VIP status. Just make sure LT knows you only need the deed part done. You will handle the rest through Tribute. If they submit the paperwork to Wyndham, it might go through the wrong channels and you will lose VIP status. If she does not have VIP, but she owns at a low maintenance fee resort, it might be worth keeping. If it's high maintenance fees, it might be worth walking away from unless you plan on making a purchase of more points. You can trade those in for a lower maintenance fee resort points, but in most cases, you have to be at that resort to purchase them. So if you want Canterbury points, you have to travel to Canterbury.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a parent. Hopefully, you can enjoy what she left you.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
What resort is the deed at? If it is a higher maintenance fee deed let it go. If you have VIP benefits attached to it you may want to keep it and transfer it into your name.

As far as probate, you will need to consult with an estate attorney. You may only need a death certificate and proof you're the executor. The executor doesn't always mean they inherit the assets. It just means you're responsible for ensuring the estate is settled. Since your her son, they may not ask for more.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I've heard that before. Until it's in your name, they cannot transfer the account to you. It's their standard practice that the deed has to be in your name. Otherwise, you could walk away at any time. Did she have VIP status? If not, what resort did she own? Both of those questions are important in deciding whether or not to take on the financial commitment. If she has VIP, I would recommend keeping it if you can afford the monthly payments and can use it. She invested a lot of money into it, and it can enhance your ownership. I would suggest you handle the transfer part through Wyndham after the deed has been recorded in your name. That's the only way you will retain VIP status. Just make sure LT knows you only need the deed part done. You will handle the rest through Tribute. If they submit the paperwork to Wyndham, it might go through the wrong channels and you will lose VIP status. If she does not have VIP, but she owns at a low maintenance fee resort, it might be worth keeping. If it's high maintenance fees, it might be worth walking away from unless you plan on making a purchase of more points. You can trade those in for a lower maintenance fee resort points, but in most cases, you have to be at that resort to purchase them. So if you want Canterbury points, you have to travel to Canterbury.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a parent. Hopefully, you can enjoy what she left you.
The deed is at Bali Hai, very low MF's. Also it is VIP gold, and I have added a couple free contracts to it. She had 2 contracts, one was already in my name as joint tenant. So I definitely want to keep it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The deed is at Bali Hai, very low MF's. Also it is VIP gold, and I have added a couple free contracts to it. She had 2 contracts, one was already in my name as joint tenant. So I definitely want to keep it.

I would want to as well. Good choice. You do have to have all the deeds in your name since she is not deceased and they have no one to be responsible for the maintenance fees on the ones you are not on. Good luck.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Hawaiian transfers may be more involved than for other states and counties. They specifically require your transfer to be done by a local entity, but if there’s no escrow involved that may simplify their requirements.

Hopefully Hawaii won’t require that a separate probate to be opened and as Richelle said just require both the letters of authority and a death certificate to initiate the transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Hawaiian transfers may be more involved than for other states and counties. They specifically require your transfer to be done by a local entity, but if there’s no escrow involved that may simplify their requirements.

Hopefully Hawaii won’t require that a separate probate to be opened and as Richelle said just require both the letters of authority and a death certificate to initiate the transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to thank you all for the helpful hints. The ball has started rolling, so thats a good thing!! You Tuggers are the best!!