• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Source for Discounted Disneyland Tix

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are visiting the mouse in Anaheim over the holidays. I am shocked how expensive the tickets have gotten!

I am seeking recommendations for the best source of discounted Disneyland tickets for 4 adults for 4 - 5 days.

I have $800 in discounted Disney gift cards which I have collected which are about 20% off list if I buy direct from Disney but it appears that is not enough! We can also use these gift cards for food onsite so no imperative to use for tickets.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe Costco?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Last Minute Travel Club and Undercover Tourist are good sources of discount DL tickets. LMTC requires a membership, but I understand that you can find a discount code via internet search. And if you subscribe to the MouseSavers newsletter, they have a link to additional discounts at UT. There’s another entity that people mention on the DIS Disneyland board, but I can’t remember it and couldn’t find it via search.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you. Searching now. (Compared to timeshare booking, this makes my head spin!)

I see MaxPass options. We are visiting over New Years holidays. Good to buy? Can Max be added on later or any advantage to buy early with ticket?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Thank you. Searching now. (Compared to timeshare booking, this makes my head spin!)

I see MaxPass options. We are visiting over New Years holidays. Good to buy? Can Max be added on later or any advantage to buy early with ticket?

You can buy MaxPass the day of your visit through the Disneyland app, but only after you enter one of the parks. That means there will be a delay in booking your first one. On a busy day, which I suspect New Years would be, I would want to start ASAP, so I would probably buy in advance.

There’s a thread on the DIS Disneyland board that I found very helpful when planning our DL trip last August: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...thread-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/. MP is a somewhat different beast than WDW FP, and that thread helped me maximize its potential (pun intended!).

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no advantage to buying MaxPass ahead of time. I always suggest buying it on a day by day basis because maybe there's a day where you don't want to ride a lot of the fast pass rides and why pay for MaxPass on those days. You can only use MaxPass after you have been scanned into the park. You can't book a ride before you enter the parks. You are visiting during the busiest days of the year. You'll probably get good use out of the MaxPass.

Many people buy the discounted tickets on the sellers already mentioned in this thread and I have never seen any posts about them not working or people being disappointed. If you visit the Disneyland forum on the Disboard, you can get lots of information. Some of the threads are very long and it can be hard to find specific information, but there are people who frequent there that always visit that time of year and they can give you more pointers than someone who does not visit that time of year.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would buy it in advance for those dates. Itll save you a few minutes at the very beginning of your day, which is a key time to be getting fastpass booked during such a busy period. The cost is the same, so assuming you want to do rides all of those days I'd buy it in advance.