• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Sking/Snowboarding Wyndham Resorts?

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
I'm thinking of taking the family out west in the Winter of (November 2020-April 2021). What are your favorite ski resorts in Wyndham and are they bookable 10 months out?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Three good choices are Park City, Avon (Beaver Creek) and Steamboat Springs.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I don’t own a Wyndham property but I have spent the last 22 ski seasons in Steamboat Springs. I’ve also have spent a few nights in the Wyndham Resort there.

The location is good and with their shuttle, Steamboat’s shuttle to the mountain from the main ski area parking across the street and the free bus system, getting around is simple.

Steamboat is a great resort to ski and very family friendly. I have skied all over the West and decided long ago that Steamboat met all my desires. Great “real town”, super snow, good air connections, friendly staff, great dining choices and to me, an excellent combination of all I wanted.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Cheers

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Avon is the one that meets your taste for Presidentials. It's a resort that is 100% Presidential suites. Very expensive though. Your boys might have to sleep on the couch bed lol.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Steamboat and Park City are both great ski areas. Also Carriage Ridge in Ontario has a nice ski-out situation from the Wyndham resort though the mountain is rather small. Very family friendly with indoor pool. Horseshoe Valley Ski resort.

Bob

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
In order of difficulty to rent at ten (10) months out is...Avon (hardest), Park City and Steamboat. Based on experience, Avon is next to impossible to book at ten (10) months out during ski season for a longer stay (ie. five (5) days or more).

The other two (2) resorts are bookable right now (I just checked) for just about anytime except Christmas/NYE, MLK and Presidents Day.

I have stayed at both Park City and Steamboat. I thoroughly enjoyed both resorts (for staying and skiing). Park city is nice in that there is no shuttle involved...just step out the door and hop on the Frostwood gondola. However, the resort is located at one extremity (the old Canyons resort) of a MASSIVE resort (Park City and Canyons amalgamated), so getting over to the Park City portion requires an understanding of the trail map and several lift rides.

Park City is more easily accessible from SLC airport (1 hour) than Steamboat is from DEN airport (3 hours)(you can fly into SBS airport, but it costs $$$ more).

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking the family out west in the Winter of (November 2020-April 2021). What are your favorite ski resorts in Wyndham and are they bookable 10 months out?
Off Wyndham resort topic but Marriott has 2 beautiful resorts at Heavenly Valley Lake Tahoe, NV

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
4-star hotel
Sophisticated retreat featuring an outdoor pool, a sauna, a day spa & ski lockers, plus free Wi-Fi.

Marriott's Timber Lodge
4-star hotel
Cozy rooms & suites in a lakeside lodging with Asian dining, a pool & ski-in/ski-out access.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
In order of difficulty to rent at ten (10) months out is...Avon (hardest), Park City and Steamboat. Based on experience, Avon is next to impossible to book at ten (10) months out during ski season for a longer stay (ie. five (5) days or more).

The other two (2) resorts are bookable right now (I just checked) for just about anytime except Christmas/NYE, MLK and Presidents Day.

I have stayed at both Park City and Steamboat. I thoroughly enjoyed both resorts (for staying and skiing). Park city is nice in that there is no shuttle involved...just step out the door and hop on the Frostwood gondola. However, the resort is located at one extremity (the old Canyons resort) of a MASSIVE resort (Park City and Canyons amalgamated), so getting over to the Park City portion requires an understanding of the trail map and several lift rides.

Park City is more easily accessible from SLC airport (1 hour) than Steamboat is from DEN airport (3 hours)(you can fly into SBS airport, but it costs $$$ more).

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

This is EXACTLY the kind of information I was looking for thank you. Is there a ski school close by to the Salt Lake City Resort or private lesson's available from that resort? My wife learned to snowboard best from a private lesson and I'm thinking my kids would have a better experience that way.

Also what are snow conditions like the Week of Thanksgiving or the First Week in April (Spring Break) at Park City? I understand Park city is just opening up at Thanksgiving and about to close first week in April but those time frames may be more "bookable" in terms of availability than Christmas week and my kids would have the entire week off school.

I'm plan on a 6-8 night stay if I were heading out west to make it worth the while. Boys are 11 and 9 and are just not as enthusiastic about snowboarding/skiing as I was at their age but maybe it's this generation who knows...so a nice resort a lot to do besides skiing would work well.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Park City Resort is America's largest ski resort (depending on which metric you use). With 348 trails and 41 lifts, it is HUGE, of that there is no doubt...and they also have a ski school and private lessons are available...there is a ski rental shop right inside the Wyndham Park City called Aloha...rather than hauling my skis on the plane, I just rented from them and the service was excellent. The price was slightly higher than the "downtown" ski rental shops, but the convenience was worth it...

Park City (like most ski resorts) are suffering the consequences of a changing climate (don't want to start any debates, but snow in winter is becoming more hit or miss...stupendous one week, s**t the next...). Currently, for Thanksgiving 2019, the resort is booked solid (and so is Christmas/NYE and MLK weekend and Presidents Day weekend...). It usually starts to snow in mid to late October in PC and when they open at Thanksgiving, they will usually have 50% of their trails open...

On the other hand, because PC is a destination resort, they have a fixed closing date (for 2020, it is April 12th). Regardless if they are still 100% open, they close on that date.

If I were you, Robert, I would plan to go in April. The weather/conditions are generally nicer, the days are longer and you could probably get away with booking within the VIP "discount" window (or ask me to do it for you (I am Platinum) and I will trade you a stay at Clearwater...;)). That way, if PC is having a really bad snow year (like they did in 2017-18), you can abort and do something else...but if they are having a great year (like last year when we went), then it will be fun...

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
For any fellow Steamboat Springs wyndham owners Does anyone know how much the maintenance fees and program fees currently are at Wyndham Steamboat Springs? Im thinking of purchasing 231,000 points cws every even year. And in regards to program fee is it yearly or whenever i get my points awarded to me? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Or any suggestions

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
For any fellow Steamboat Springs wyndham owners Does anyone know how much the maintenance fees and program fees currently are at Wyndham Steamboat Springs? Im thinking of purchasing 231,000 points cws every even year. And in regards to program fee is it yearly or whenever i get my points awarded to me? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Or any suggestions
The Program fee is every year. For EOY you will pay for half the points. So for a 231k EOY contract you will pay maintenance fee on 115,500 points plus $160.00 program fee assuming that is the only contract you own.

Link

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Steamboat,
Wyndham Grand Desert,
Colonies at Williamsburg
I own at steamboat. It is one of the lower maintenance fees. This year is $4.39 / 1000 pts with everything but the program fee.