• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Romatic Resorts

GigiPup

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to do an exchange (have 36 TPU) for a really nice romantic resort. No time frame restrictions, just ask that it be warm, have good activities going on & offer restaurants onsite. Recommendations?
Thanks!

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Romantic and timeshare generally dont go together. Timeshares are mainly geared towards family vacations, not couples vacations. There are some resorts that are romantic but even then there likely will be mainly families at the resort. I'd check out reviews on TUG and compare to what you can get through RCI.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I agree most timeshares are family oriented if the OP is willing to give a bit I think some resorts can be romantic. Although most domestic resorts don't have restaurants and may not have activities with the right choice I think I could find some romantic. I stayed in the Marriott is Boston and the old style rooms and great location in town would lend itself to a romantic vacation. I think any well located urban location could work like many of the worldmark urban locations. If the OP was to go into Mexico I'm sure there would be a lot of decent choices. So depending on what they prioritize I think they could find something romantic.

Joan

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi all,

Looking to do an exchange (have 36 TPU) for a really nice romantic resort. No time frame restrictions, just ask that it be warm, have good activities going on & offer restaurants onsite. Recommendations?
Thanks!

When do you want to go? Hawaii is romantic, so are Virgin Island, go to RCI.com or call them tell them what you are looking for and they will do an ongoing search for you. Let us know where you decide to go.
TerryC

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!

There are some that might qualify in the Conchas Chinas section of Puerto Vallarta.

Jim

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some that might qualify in the Conchas Chinas section of Puerto Vallarta.

Jim

That reminds me of either Ocho Cascadas (up on the hill with a view) or Lindo Mar which is right on the ocean on a small snorkeling bay. Both romantic resorts in a charming Mexican town.

You won't get a trade into Ocho Cascadas, but you can rent direct from an owner at www.ochocascadas.com/rental.aspx. Lindo Mar is a fairly easy trade. It has a nice restaurant on site and is a small, intimate, romantic resort. The only time you'll see kids there is during school vacations.

TedWater

Reaction score
I will be carefully following this thread as I am looking for inspiration for a special trip to surprise my wife with next year.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with PamMo - Windjammer Landing could be romantic with the right companion :) very secluded villas, private pool, lush tropical landscapring, new spa, lots of adventuous activities. I've been there twice and it's perfect for families or a honeymoon.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
We need to set up criteria to define romantic. This is what I would have in mind:
1. Great view (beach or mountain or lake)
2. Upscale decor.
3. Large in-suite jacuzzi tub.
4. Nice restaurants nearby.
5. Quiet. No noisy kids or drinkers.
6. Nice on-site pool.
7. Perhaps a salon/spa?
8. Perhaps a scenic place nearby for a stroll?
9. Good weather (excessive heat, humidity, or cold is generally NOT romantic)
10. A fireplace (for cold destinations).
Did I miss anything else?