• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Request for II Trades

Newport Drive

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairly new to timesharing. Own a 3 BR at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve during Premiere Season Feb- end April. I may not be able to use it next year so the options are to rent on my own or trade in II. If trading is it best to reserve President's week, March week or week before or after Easter which falls in April next year. My thought was the Easter week since my unit sleeps 12 and may attract families with kids needing to vacation around Easter break. Other question is which is better: request first with a good week or just deposit into II? The II trading options are so confusing to me. I have placed requests in past and done fairly well but if I want to just search online how far out is inventory available? Do they list availability for 2017 now?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hello and welcome to TUG!

While Lakeshore Reserve is a fantastic property, the problem is that it is in Orlando. The rental market is rather soft due to the very high supply of weeks available. You might be able to just cover your maintenance fees at best. Perhaps the rental market for a 3BR is better than I know, so others may need to chime in with their experience.

Exchanging can be complicated, but you have a prime resort. A lot depends on where and when you want to travel. Are you enrolled in Marriott's Destinations Club program? If so, another option is to convert your week to DC points. Though since you say you are new to this, I take it you bought resale? So you are not likely eligible for enrollment. II is another option. Since you own a unit you can lock off, my suggestion would be to lock it off in to a 2BR and a studio unit, unless you want to exchange in to another 3BR unit somewhere. This way you will get two units for just the one, rather high, exchange fee. The 2BR unit will still exchange well and the studio can be used for something last minute or back in to Orlando for a 2BR unit.

Inventory in II for other Marriott properties is generally available 12-13 months out as that is the earliest owners can reserve. Some of the fixed week properties can be available 18 months out. Other properties in II may be available at 18 to 24 months.

Newport Drive

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I say new to timesharing we actually bought the property from Marriott before it opened. My husband is lifetime platinum and we love the resorts. We have actually done ok trading (using 3 BR but accepting a 2BR has helped get good resorts at busy times) receiving 2x Marriott Mountainside spring break and this spring break Grand Timber Lodge in Breckinridge. 1x spring break at Lakeshore. We don't want to do DC points because not interested in spending anymore money on the timeshare. I am glad to have joined this website because I have learned so much about how to actually put in and get better trading power. Thanks for all you Tuggers providing valuable information!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
While I say new to timesharing we actually bought the property from Marriott before it opened. My husband is lifetime platinum and we love the resorts. We have actually done ok trading (using 3 BR but accepting a 2BR has helped get good resorts at busy times) receiving 2x Marriott Mountainside spring break and this spring break Grand Timber Lodge in Breckinridge. 1x spring break at Lakeshore. We don't want to do DC points because not interested in spending anymore money on the timeshare. I am glad to have joined this website because I have learned so much about how to actually put in and get better trading power. Thanks for all you Tuggers providing valuable information!

Fairly new to timesharing. Own a 3 BR at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve during Premiere Season Feb- end April. I may not be able to use it next year so the options are to rent on my own or trade in II. If trading is it best to reserve President's week, March week or week before or after Easter which falls in April next year.
High TDI weeks for 2017 are: 14-15, 26 and 51-52. (latter 2 are highest)
My thought was the Easter week since my unit sleeps 12 and may attract families with kids needing to vacation around Easter break. Other question is which is better: request first with a good week or just deposit into II?
RF is ok, but general rule is deposit as soon as possible. Would deposit at least a year in advance if able; avoid anything less than 6 mos (IMHO).
The II trading options are so confusing to me. I have placed requests in past and done fairly well but if I want to just search online how far out is inventory available? Do they list availability for 2017 now?
Yes, you can see well in the future. But, instant availability is only a small portion of the iceberg. You really need to place OGS to get effective trading.

If you're pre-2010 (which I'm pretty sure you are) you should really consider spending the $2395 to enroll. It's a real value and would solve your issue (likely) with excellent results. Plus, I think you purchase an excursion now and get the enrollment fee waived (?? others will respond). Obviously, it only gives you the option to convert to points--it's not a permanent conversion. Also, your II fees etc... are included. There is another great thread on that right now..... Really, think about it.