• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best RCI Trades

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive only ever traded in Interval, mostly Marriott,however my newest timeshare will trade in RCI. We live in the Boston area. We have a large family. I’m wondering what your best Beach or Ski vacation trade has been through RCI. What are the high quality resorts you have traded into using RCI?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ive only ever traded in Interval, mostly Marriott,however my newest timeshare will trade in RCI. We live in the Boston area. We have a large family. I’m wondering what your best Beach or Ski vacation trade has been through RCI. What are the high quality resorts you have traded into using RCI?
Just curious what has been your best beach or ski vacation through II? Are you tied to the school calendar or are you pretty free as to when you can travel?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
You might trade into an older unit, but Smugglers Notch for either summer or winter would work well for you. We have stayed in the summer in units that slept 8. Hilton (HGVC) Surf Club Marco Island for spring break. HGVCs in Hawaii. Multiple Hilton Head SC summer units, Bermuda end of August. For us, location and season is primary concern. We'll take an older unit at an excellent resort (Smuggs) or in a prime location (Banff).

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
One good trade I had with RCI was with the Sand Acres Beach Club, which is connected to the Bougainvillea in Barbados... The unit was very nice, full kitchen. There is a lot you can do or see around the island. There are sailing/snorkeling excursions (you have the chance to swim with the turtles), visit a working plantation, explore caves, view orchid gardens, etc.

C9205BDA-053A-43CE-9071-EE04C57454CD.jpeg
67BFF492-A941-4746-8D02-428408EE340B.jpeg
68713BE2-1556-4BBA-ADB2-029FE8F50D81.jpeg

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
The highest quality I have traded in have been the Manhattan Club in NY. And this summer HGVC Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge Colorado. That’s a ski resort in winter. I don’t know how hard it is to trade it.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I also use II mostly for Marriott/Hyatt etc. But, I'm sure you realize that caliber of resort doesn't exist in New England, but these are the ones I have been to that I have been satisfied with. I'm also only mentioning the ones with larger units as I am assuming by "large family" you will need 2/3 bedrooms. Also assuming since you are in Boston you would be looking to ski New England.

Attitash Mountain: The Suites at Attitash. #7913 Huge rooms, right across the street from Attitash and although the furniture is a bit on the older side, rooms are always impeccably clean.

Lincoln (loon, cannon, Waterville, brettonwoods). Pollard Brook #C314. (south mountain and Riverwalk are also nice resorts - but I have never seen more than a 1BR listed in RCI)

As others have mentioned - Smuggs in VT

I find the best us for RCI in New England is their Extra Vacations. ALOT of time, for only a couple hundred more you can buy the week instead of using TPUs.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm quite looking forward to the two weeks at the Hilton (HGVC Kings Land) on the big Island we got from RCI. Pretty far from Boston though...

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious what has been your best beach or ski vacation through II? Are you tied to the school calendar or are you pretty free as to when you can travel?
i️ have never traded for NE ski since we have family and friends with access to Loon. i’d like to try Vermont. My favorite beach vacations are Marriott Surf Club in Aruba and Frenchman’s Cove in St. Thomas

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
One good trade I had with RCI was with the Sand Acres Beach Club, which is connected to the Bougainvillea in Barbados... The unit was very nice, full kitchen. There is a lot you can do or see around the island. There are sailing/snorkeling excursions (you have the chance to swim with the turtles), visit a working plantation, explore caves, view orchid gardens, etc.

View attachment 8909 View attachment 8908 View attachment 8906
Thank you. i’d like to try Barbados. i’ve never been.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
Two places we traded into would be the Hilton Grand Wakakian Honolulu, Hawaii and
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort loved them both.... Dave