• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Pool @ Hawaiian Timeshare

Longshoren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Tower
Aulani
I don’t go on vacations to just sit at a pool either but can still enjoy a beautiful pool. Love coming out of the ocean from swimming, snorkeling, or scuba diving and jumping in a pool. And while drying off I enjoy a pool that has a nice view.
Just like you I enjoy having it all too.

Two trolls already and we are only on page 1 of my first ever message. Just ignore the comments that have absolutely nothing to do with my original post. Sounds like someone needs to start a new thread on Pool vs Ocean.

Longshoren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Tower
Aulani
Is that 33% reduction permanent, or does it end at a specified point?
How / where did you find this type of contract?

It's for the life of the contract!! In the many sites that list they will also put in the term subsidized. Some of them even have search options that let you use that as a filter. Again it took me a long time.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just like you I enjoy having it all too.

Two trolls already and we are only on page 1 of my first ever message. Just ignore the comments that have absolutely nothing to do with my original post. Sounds like someone needs to start a new thread on Pool vs Ocean.
For a Guest you are already smack talking some of the regulars here. You have 12 posts and you are calling someone with 14,000+ posts a troll? We (including me) were expressing an opinion. And if you don't like threads that get off topic, you really shouldn't post here at all. We're known for getting easily distracted.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Does your interest in pools include hot tubs? The Point at Poipu has an adult hot tub where you can soak and watch the whales at sunset. It much hotter than the one by the pool, and kids aren't allowed.

Longshoren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Tower
Aulani
For a Guest you are already smack talking some of the regulars here. You have 12 posts and you are calling someone with 14,000+ posts a troll? We (including me) were expressing an opinion. And if you don't like threads that get off topic, you really shouldn't post here at all. We're known for getting easily distracted.
Your right I am being rude.

I don't mind threads going off topic. What annoyed me was someone passing judgment on my famies values. We all value different things and everyone choices are personal. I am going to go back now and discuss nice Hawaiian pools. Sorry for being so prickly and rude.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Your right I am being rude.

I don't mind threads going off topic. What annoyed me was someone passing judgment on my famies values. We all value different things and everyone choices are personal. I am going to go back now and discuss nice Hawaiian pools. Sorry for being so prickly and rude.
I went back and truthfully I didn't see anyone attacking your family's values. People were just expressing their own opinions. I'm sorry if you felt attacked.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

These contracts are usually hard to find (of any size). Of course, the typical selling price is $10/point or more higher.

Resalesdvc actually has three subsidized available right now. Very unusual.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
I went back and truthfully I didn't see anyone attacking your family's values. People were just expressing their own opinions. I'm sorry if you felt attacked.
Well, the OP was simply asking about the best Hawaiian timeshare pools and one responders felt it necessary to respond
I do not go on vacations in exotic locations, to just sit at the pool. I can do that much closer to home. Since I am a scuba diver, I am wanting to get into the BIG pool (AKA Ocean) as often as possible.
The response suggests asking about the best pools means you simply just sit around the pool all day and seems somewhat judgmental.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The response suggests asking about the best pools means you simply just sit around the pool all day and seems somewhat judgmental.

My response was not judgmental but rather "cheeky". Referring to the Big NATURAL Pool that I prefer while in a setting like Hawaii.

My time in the ocean compared to a pool while in Hawaii is about 20 to 1. Other locations that swings way the other way.

I only every expressed my Opinion and activity while in Hawaii. I was NOT trying to comment on anyone else's preferences.

The best shore dive snorkel I have ever been on it on the Big island. I try to go several times while I am there.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Well, the OP was simply asking about the best Hawaiian timeshare pools and one responders felt it necessary to respond
I guess we all see things differently. I didn't see anything judgemental. I've actually seen this same discussion (different) posters over and over. People ask about pools and others (yes me) will chime in and say pools aren't that important to them.

Longshoren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Tower
Aulani
I am almost at 400 dives. I did my 300th dive in Bora Bora, French Poly in 2013.
Please ignore that stupid comment of mine.

In all honesty I am just jealous I never made the effort to scuba dive. One day I plan on changing that as I love snorkeling.

Longshoren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Tower
Aulani
These contracts are usually hard to find (of any size). Of course, the typical selling price is $10/point or more higher.

Resalesdvc actually has three subsidized available right now. Very unusual.
It's a sign of the times. I really was looking for close to a year before I found one.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
My response was not judgmental but rather "cheeky". Referring to the Big NATURAL Pool that I prefer while in a setting like Hawaii.

My time in the ocean compared to a pool while in Hawaii is about 20 to 1. Other locations that swings way the other way.
I spend a lot of time in the ocean as well but thought the OP wanted info about pools. No big deal just not sure why people need to bypass the questions.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, Longshoren (there’s got to be a story behind your user name). We really are a friendly group, but we don’t lack for opinions!

We spend most of our water time in the ocean when we’re in Hawaii, but with young kids in tow, we REALLY appreciate a nice resort pool to come home to. The King’s Land pool was a hit, along with access to the hotel pools/lagoon. The big pool at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club is very nice, but mostly because of size. The kids pool/slide was perfect for the littlest ones.

IMO, most Hawaiian resort pools are fine, but nothing really special - except for the views. I agree that the main Hanalei Bay Villas pool has a beautiful setting!

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yes I am definitely interested in Kings Land.

As an owner there let me give you advice on the best units to own, and they will be hard to find like your subsidized contracts.

Kingsland has several “phases” that have been built (3) with room for 2 more. Some units are high point values, and some are lower. The lower point units are a little smaller with less plush furnishing, but you still enjoy all the same amenities of the resort. Platinum season premier 1 or 2 bedroom have the best maint fee to point ratio, 12,600 or 14,400 points. The value play is to own higher point, but book longer stays in the lower point units, in gold season if possible (April/May and Sept/Oct). I can stretch my points into 3 weeks in a 2 bedroom, or 4+ weeks in a 1 bedroom. Your upfront costs will be high so only purchase if you plan on using 20+ years. I searched for a year to find the right deal, and it ended up being listed right here on TUG.

There is also another school of thought to purchase Vegas units for lower fees, then use the points in Hawaii.

HGVC is very flexible for using points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
It’s permanent to the end of Aulani, which will be January 31, 2062. You find those contracts by closely monitoring resale contracts for Aulani - if it’s subsidized, that will be included in the listing.

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
I know it’s right next to Aulani almost, but have you been to Marriott’s Ko Olina? We love it there; 3 pools, slide, lots of grills open all day (not just a few hours at dinner time like Aulani), and we always find chairs somewhere by a pool. It’s much, much less crowded than Aulani, and the villas are more spacious. We own 2 EOY weeks, and in 2017 I spent a month there doing lock offs (might do that next year, still working on good dates). I find it totally relaxing, and we do some sightseeing but mostly relaxing (we lived on Oahu years ago, so have pretty much seen most tourist stuff).

mj2vacation

Reaction score
We have been to numerous resorts on the different islands.

Aulani is hard to beat when it comes to pools. They have the best complex.

the Marriott Maui Ocean Club is also very good.

we have been to the Grand Wailea, which is not a timeshare, but the pool is great. They have a water elevator.....

we live in Florida, but love Hawaii. Been many times.

we find that swimming in the ocean in Hawaii, it becomes clear why there are so many warning signs. I grew up on an island, swim in the ocean whenever I can, and the only time I ever got tense was on Ka’anapali. The currents are erratic and with the coral, i gashed myself pretty bad. Blood, ocean... not the best combo!

Wailea is much better for swimming.

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own dvc specifically to go to aulani so I get the special feeling you have about the resort and their pools. But I don’t have a bunch of points so I bought hgvc to use at Hilton Hawaiian village. The pools are cool. They have a lagoon tower that has two slides. It’s also very close to the beach. I’ve rented out prime weeks like July 4th week and Labor Day for a profit. I also own timeshares that I’m able to exchange with interval to get MKO. We live in California and love Honolulu and usually go at least once a year. Welcome to tug!

QueenDoOver

TUG Member
Reaction score
No offense to anyone, but one does not usually go to Hawaii for the pools. The natural beauty, the weather, and the ocean (and surfing) are the usual suspects. . . .
If you are not from an area that has much pool time to enjoy, then the pool is definitely part of the experience. I love sitting next to the pool in Hawaii, enjoying the balmy breeze and smelling the flowers that grow in that area.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Always the first stop after checkin:

1595278217711.png

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We like a nice resort pool. In Hawaii we tend to do the beach for snorkeling or playing int the water in the morning, then hit the pool in the afternoon.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We like a nice resort pool. In Hawaii we tend to do the beach for snorkeling or playing int the water in the morning, then hit the pool in the afternoon.

ditto, specially for happy hour with a little live island music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people feel compelled to answer a question for which they aren't offering an answer. If he asked where is the best scuba spots or snorkel beaches then that is the time to offer an answer. That being said I use the beach mostly and then head to the pool where I can l get cocktails served. They can't do that on beaches. If I had a really small child I would like the pirate pool at WKORVN. The pool at WKORV has a fun slide. Not really big but my grandson had fun. I like the pool at the Maui Hyatt Residence a lot. There are lots of lounge chairs and the pool is large and you can kind of meander from place to place. You can hop out and go around the corner to the hotel and grab a mai tai at the swim up bar.