• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best point in time to deposit for an AC

urbiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to deposit my 2017 high demand week (in Williamsburg) with interval.
I heard that despite my week being in Williamsburg I should normally receive an AC. However when pressing deposit it doesn't say this in the "deposit details".
Does this mean I would not receive one? Should I wait for an AC promotion?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Typically Interval does not reward super early deposits (deposits more than 9-12 months in advance) with AC's. They wait until they have requests for that area during that time period. This typically happens 8 months to even 1 month prior to a particular check in. Sometimes if you aren't careful you may end up with AC but be stuck with a flex deposit.

There is always complaints about the inventory available with AC's but it seems lately the grumblings have been even louder than normal. You might have to wait until October 2016 for an AC offer for a summer 2017 week. You have to decide if the possible reward of an AC is worth loss of the extra time on the exchange and possible search you may be losing.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I dont recall ever getting an AC offer more than a year in advance. Keep in mind that many people, including myself, find most ACs useless because of the restrictions.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Williamsburg week. They are currently offering an AC for 2016 deposits.

Offer:

Take an extra week's vacation, affordably! If your check-in date is between June 2, 2016 and August 24, 2016, just deposit this week to be eligible for a bonus Resort Accommodations Certificate.

If you confirm your exchange now, to remain eligible for this bonus certificate you must choose either a Vacation Exchange or a ShortStay Exchange. Deposits associated with Cruise Exchanges do not receive a bonus certificate.

If you place a request, you must place a Deposit First request in order to remain eligible for a bonus certificate.

Don't wait ... you only have until February 14, 2016 to get your extra week. Deposit now!

For additional terms and conditions, including certificate redemption fees, please visit the Deals Page

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I agree. I dont recall ever getting an AC offer more than a year in advance. Keep in mind that many people, including myself, find most ACs useless because of the restrictions.

I actually use every one of my ACs that I've received for depositing my Trapp Lodge week, and don't deposit it until I get the AC offer. However, the ACs I get for buying a Getaway or the ones II gives me just for being a member generally go unused.

urbiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Williamsburg week. They are currently offering an AC for 2016 deposits.

Where exactly would I find this information? My week is starting on the 12th of june, so it would assume that it should apply to this offer?

(I have a EOY odd, however it seems interval doesnt know as they are offering the deposit option for 2016 anyway)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own two Williamsburg weeks and the AC offers are usually for weeks in late April through late August 2016. Its not likely there will be any offer for a 2017 week. You may see an AC offer online in your account or receive it in the mail. You can also call II and ask if there are any offers for your week.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where exactly would I find this information? My week is starting on the 12th of june, so it would assume that it should apply to this offer?

(I have a EOY odd, however it seems interval doesnt know as they are offering the deposit option for 2016 anyway)

If you log into II, click onto "My Units" - to the left of the orange message box. All your potential deposits are listed. My Williamsburg weeks have little "gift boxes" next to them with the terms of the AC offer.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
II offers stink

My opinion: pay no attention to whatever II offers. II offers excess inventory as an "incentive", but the truth is that the II knows that the great majority of the excess inventory will go to unused. (that is why it is excess inventory).
Yes, there are exceptions, meaning that there are people who find the ACs useful.

However, if you are one of those lucky few who can use ACs, there are usually easier/cheaper ways to book a reservation than with ACs. Just let us know what you intend to use your AC for by posting it here, and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

As a bonus, if you ignore II and make your bookings without paying attention to their so called "offers", you might end up with an AC anyway.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My opinion: pay no attention to whatever II offers. II offers excess inventory as an "incentive", but the truth is that the II knows that the great majority of the excess inventory will go to unused. (that is why it is excess inventory).
Yes, there are exceptions, meaning that there are people who find the ACs useful.

However, if you are one of those lucky few who can use ACs, there are usually easier/cheaper ways to book a reservation than with ACs. Just let us know what you intend to use your AC for by posting it here, and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

As a bonus, if you ignore II and make your bookings without paying attention to their so called "offers", you might end up with an AC anyway.

I agree for the most part. Incentive AC's are tier priced and most people don't want a studio. When the cost approaches $500 it's usually not a great deal on grid. I do receive AC's every year automatically as part of some of my ownerships and those are always fixed price at regular exchange fee rates. The price is great for big units but the grid and time restrictions are so prohibitive they are tough to ever use beyond a local stay-cation.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I look at all AC's as something to use as a short stay - something within driving distance (or a cheap flight) and stay for 3 or 4 nights. We've had some awesome stays. We're not able to use them all, but they have value for us. We're heading to Cabo in April on one as a matter of fact. The worst one that we ever had was a "free" week with a purchased getaway. That one was almost useless.