• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Places to Post Free Resale

SherreeM

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a great resource TUG is! But I will confess to being a little overwhelmed by everything I am reading.

We would like to give our Florida timeshare away. When we bought, we thought about future resale and thought it was a solid bet; great location, nice size for family vacations, and RCI points. Now I see how many Florida timeshares are being given away. Yikes.

Based on your experience, in how many places should I advertise? We are Redweek verified so buyers know it's legit. I have posted here on TUG as well. I am thinking about eBay and just found MYResortNetwork. This could nickel and dime me pretty quick, though. Thoughts/recommendations?

This probably isn't a fair question but, based on what air am offering, any thoughts on how long this might take?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Free? My guess, as long as it is free and clear, is to post it in TUG. I bet it will be gone in a heartbeat.

TUG has a bargain basement section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I see you have posted your timeshare in the bargain forum. My suggestion, in addition to your link to Redweek, is add some more details to your TUG post. Include the MF, allotted RCI points, and whether or not there are any banked RCI points that will transfer. Every few days, come back to your post and add something new, maybe some pictures, some local attractions, activities at the resort, or a feel good story about one of your memories at the resort. Doing so will bump the post back to the top of the forum to avoid getting buried.

You have a nice offer. Being a 3 BDM will appeal to a larger family, I wish you luck!

PS - if you find a buyer on TUG you can save yourself some money on closing costs by using a company recommended by many on TUG. Disclosure, I’ve never used LT Transfers but have read many posts of people who praise their services, all for a very reasonable fee.

LT Transfers
4513 Highway 129, Cleveland, GA 30528
https://www.lttransfers.com/
(706) 219-2709

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Welcome to Tug. I have given away several timeshares here over the years. You are surrounded here by people who are knowledgable and interested in owning timeshares.

The easiest way to sell it is to make your offer more appealing than someone else's. Things like this: Offer it for free, (assuming it's paid off - those with balances owing don't move.) Offer to pay closing costs. (LT Transfers, who are Tug members and highly regarded, can process paperwork on timeshare transfers for just a couple of hundred dollars. https://www.lttransfers.com ) If push comes to shove, offer a cash incentive to your new owner - something like a $100 cash card. Offer to pay next year's maintenance fees. Reserve a great week and include it in the deal. Be sure to put it on BOTH the Tug Marketplace, AND the Buy and Sell Forum. Include the pertinent details so a buyer will know right off if that's what they want. (Resort, unit size, fixed/floating, week/points value, maintenance fees, and whatever else will help it stand out.)

There are many options. The tipping point is to decide how much you're willing to entice a new owner, compared with having to pay next year's maintenance fees and whatever. People are willing buyers, but sometimes they need a little push.

Good luck!

Dave

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have used RedWeek as well as Tug. Paying for closing as well as securing a good week in the usage year can be enticing.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
How about using Redweek full services? They charge $399 but I am not sure what this includes. Do they charge any extra fees for the closing?

Last edited:

SherreeM

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about using Redweek full services? They charge $399 but I am not sure what this includes. Do they charge any extra fees for the closing?
We have done this. Closing fees are on top of the $399 broker commission. Which probably isn't necessary given it's a give away but we thought it might give buyers confidence. We tried to remember all our concerns when we bought our first timeshare!

SherreeM

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used RedWeek as well as Tug. Paying for closing as well as securing a good week in the usage year can be enticing.
We have until February to lock in 2021 usage, at which time it will convert to points. It's week 8, which is a great week but we weren't sure if it was better to be offering the week or giving buyers the points flexibility. Thoughts?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We have until February to lock in 2021 usage, at which time it will convert to points. It's week 8, which is a great week but we weren't sure if it was better to be offering the week or giving buyers the points flexibility. Thoughts?
None of mine convert to points. You can always offer the option.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
For free, I list on RedWeek and indicate free closing, transfer fees as well as upcoming reservations. Talk about trading power as well as any rental possibilities. It’s how I finally was able to entice a buyer. It took 2mo.

I only used RedWeek Full Service for my HGVC because of the total cost of the transaction.

SherreeM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help! I have updated my forum post with your suggestions. Don't think there is anything else I can do but wait patiently. Not my strong suit :)