• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best PB Sunset Beach villa's?

gobajanow

Reaction score
Reservations offered to note which location I preferred for my upcoming 2 week stay in a Presidential. I am leaning towards building 9. Had always thought the first row on beach but then in looking at pictures worried you are so low you lose on view?
I don't want the third row up because then you don't have a walkway down except along the "road."
The second row seems to have best of both: view and walkable stairs and paths down to main pool. I like to walk!
I am not familiar with the Western side of the resort but have stayed twice in building 14 and 15.
Also, I was wondering if Presidential suites are in all buildings or only some?
Thanks

Last edited:

gobajanow

Reaction score
Bump! Reservations offered to note my building preference and I've been putting it off; stumped.
Maybe my initial post was silly and picky but I really want the best location I can get for those two weeks in a presidential?
Do all units have presidentials?
Are they always on upper floors?
Would the first row (building 3-7) not give a view of waves breaking?
Any advice appreciated: main concern is ability to walk to main pool without using that main golf cart route down the hill and row 2 has a stairway down to 1st level which is appealing...and VIEW. Thanks.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I can't address all your concerns but can just comment on our stay in August. We were in a Presidential unit on the bottom floor of building 28, kind of on the opposite side of where you stayed in bldgs. 14 & 15. We couldn't see the waves hitting the shore from our balcony at that location, but the walk down to the main pool was fine. I think the folks on the upper levels probably could see the surf.

When you check in, ask them what is available and they would probably let you take a look at the units and choose the one you wanted.

gobajanow

Reaction score
Thanks karen! How did you walk to the main pool and avoid that main golf cart path that runs down the center of the resort (hated that)? Was there a shorter, straight down the hill path you could take?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If you have one of the little maps that show the building numbers, look at the location of bldg. 28. The cart path to that bldg. ends at that bldg. so it's kind of like being on a cul de sac and there's no cart traffic unless the cart is coming right to that bldg.

There is also a stairway that leads down on the way to the main pool in the vicinity of the tennis courts, and I think that was near bldg. 32.

Walking back up to the main bldg. wasn't too bad either, although you do have to be on the main cart path for part of it. The bldgs. on that side of the resort tend to be spaced out a little differently from the bldgs. on the side where 14 and 15 are so it seems that there is less cart traffic.

Another thought: From bldg. 28 I could walk up to the top of a hill to the street that runs in front of the owner's mansion and I could get cell phone service there. I couldn't get it in my unit or further down in the resort. The views from that spot were really nice, too, as I could see the Pacifica Hotel, and a broad expanse of beach and ocean.

While bldgs. 3-7 would have views of the ocean in the daytime, I'm wondering if at night the view would be pitch black? You wouldn't have the lighting of the resort and pools to see anything as those units sit rather far back from the surf. Our unit at the PB Rose is oceanfront on the 4th floor, but the bldg. is closer to the beach and the lights of the resort allow us to see the waves hitting. Everything else is really dark the further out you look. We do see the occasional boats that come closer to the shore and people walking along the beach, but at the PBSB you wouldn't have any of that.

Last edited:

gobajanow

Reaction score
That was really helpful Karen. Thanks.
If you download Google Earth program, not google maps, you can see satellite pics of sunset beach with amazing detail which is more helpful than the layout map from resort...and I can now identify the pathway you mentioned near bldg 32!
Google Earth is a free download.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
gobajanow said:
see satellite pics of sunset beach with amazing detail
Thanks for that reminder! I have Google Earth installed on my computer, but hadn't really taken a close look at the PBSB resort. Did you look at the owner's mansion? Go straight over to the left from the tennis courts--it's quite impressive.

gobajanow

Reaction score
I only saw the mansion from the beach. I wanted to walk on the Pacifica beach without accessing through the main road to Pacifica and the rocks had big sign forbidding climbing in front of mansion. I did not see above mansion but can I get to Pacifica beach just above the mansion?
I think I am going to request these 6 buildings, uppper levels:
I had been first thinking of building 9 but then worried about carts making deliveries behind La Nao(for room service and all..).
I had never considered the West side of the resort, having only stayed on the East side...so I appreciated your input.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
gobajanow said:
but can I get to Pacifica beach just above the mansion?
It surely looks like you can from the Google Earth picture. The paved road takes a turn perpendicular to the beach in front of the mansion, but there appear to be paths going down to the beach in that vicinity well past the rocks. There were always security people near the mansion when we walked up there to use the cell phone. They never said anything to us, but if we had approached the buildings I'm sure they would have.

Reaction score
Sunset Beach

Hello,
We were at the sunset first week of February 06...we were in a presidential suite (building 32, third floor), great location, great views. We had the tennis courts down below us, which we used a few times. We had stairways both up and down, really close to us. One was located next to our
building which went down to the tennis courts, the other stairs to the top section were at the other end of our building. We had a great view in both
directions from the balcony, of the ocean, and could see the waves on the
beach. We also had some great views of the whales as they swam up and down the coast in front of the resort. The presidential suites are not in all the buildings, I have a diagram at home (at work right now) that I keep that identifies which buildings have the presidential suites. We would defintely
request this building our next time around.
Ken from Northern Calif

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ken, bldg. 32 does look like an ideal location, especially in a Presidential unit! :)

gobajanow

Reaction score
Thanks Ken! I would not have considered 32 because of court lights at night but love that it faces West. I will put that on my request list.
How did you get diagram of buildings with Pres. suites?
I would love to see it?

Reaction score
Pueblo Bonito Sunset

Hello again,
When we purchased at sunset we received diagrams of the complex.
I asked one of the sales staff (Roni Argone), if she could let me know which
of the buildings contained presidential suites. I had been under the assumption
that all of the buildings had at least 1 of the different set ups......ahhh...no..LOL...so I had her run them down for us. I would think you
could get one of the diagrams from the checkin counter people, and ask them to provide you with that information. If you go to http://www.pueblobonito.com you will also find an email address for contacting the resort, and you can ask someone in reservations for that same information. We only had 1 night where the lights on the tennis courts were lit, we were up high enough where it didn't bother us at all, I can't speak for the floors below us though. The only night they were on there was a big party going on over at the hotel owners home, so not sure if they were on for added security for him and his guests or what. No one played tennis on the lighted courts while we were outside on the balcony. So send off an email, they responded to a few I sent them prior to our going very quickly.
Ken from Northern Calif

gobajanow

Reaction score
Ken, great minds think alike: I have a total of two timeshares: Worldmark and Sunset, AND we live in Northern California!
I fell in love with Sunset from the first glimpse of the beach far, far below. The more I go, the more I love it.
I'll contact Sunset, thanks.